First 12345 Last

Thread: Forest Gump!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Forrest also has great Se, it seems. Running... ping pong... putting together his gun quickly...

but can someone mentally retarded really fit into proper meyers brigg typing?

I don't know much on the topic. But maybe that explains strong Se and Fe?? But agreed... ISFx.

Jenny-ISFP or ENFP. Hard to know her motivations. Though I lean more towards ISFP.

Bubba-ESFP?? No idea.

Mrs. Gump-xSFJ.

Lt. Dan-INTJ?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

ReflecTcelfeR

I could see it being Fe. The reason why he puts his gun together quickly is because his instructor would be pleased, as well as because he was told to do so, but this might be something he learned through surviving in the army.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I could see it being Fe. The reason why he puts his gun together quickly is because his instructor would be pleased, as well as because he was told to do so, but this might be something he learned through surviving in the army.
    i considered that aspect as well. and the same with jenny telling him to run, or the guy telling him to keep an eye on the ball.
    -John Green

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm thinking ISFJ is a good fit for him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I can't wrap my head around why it's worth guessing characters' types when those who value typology are clearly a minority. Let's come to an agreement on the types of actors involved beforehand. Identify consistency (or lack thereof) in character portrayal according to mbti descriptions, personal experience, forum correspondence; do whatever it takes to figure out whether the filmmaker(s) either consciously or unconsciously sets mbti cubicles in place, or does neither, in which case, if you're still at it, I'd reconsider that career selling completed paint by numbers kits.

Hanks, who is an enfj, has demonstrated time and time again that it takes little effort to let his inner severe mental retardation shine through, regardless of whether or not the given role gives the green light.

thinking of you

ReflecTcelfeR

I think typing characters is more of hobby than actually trying to find a bigger picture. It serves no real purpose other than to occupy the mind. Whether the director was thinking about types (Even if they used a different name for it) the characters usually still have a strong archetypal equivalent even if on accident. The point of acting is not to be yourself so it should be that the actors type does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I can't wrap my head around why it's worth guessing characters' types when those who value typology are clearly a minority. Let's come to an agreement on the types of actors involved beforehand. Identify consistency (or lack thereof) in character portrayal according to mbti descriptions, personal experience, forum correspondence; do whatever it takes to figure out whether the filmmaker(s) either consciously or unconsciously sets mbti cubicles in place, or does neither, in which case, if you're still at it, I'd reconsider that career selling completed paint by numbers kits.

Hanks, who is an enfj, has demonstrated time and time again that it takes little effort to let his inner severe mental retardation shine through, regardless of whether or not the given role gives the green light.
    It's not a bad idea to put some thought into these typings, but people are just having fun/wasting time. It's not serious business. If you're upset with some of the typings here, just say so, offer your own insight, and go about your way. Why do you bother with expressing your disapproval? It'd get really boring if people weren't simply allowed to waste time with bullshit like this, and had to worry about whether you can wrap your head around it or not. I'd be friendlier right now, but it almost sounds like you're actually taking some passive aggressive swipe at everyone with the "paint by numbers" comment. If I'm reading it wrong, my bad. If not, lighten up.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

what's wrong with putting our mbti knowledge to fun guessing games like typing characters of some of our favorite movies and television shows? i see no harm in it, just as i see no harm in trek fans and conventions or anime nerds and cosplay or trivia goers. they're just fun hobbies, ways of flexing the mind or ones creativity, in ways that amuse us.
    -John Green

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I don't know much on the topic. But maybe that explains strong Se and Fe?? But agreed... ISFx.

Jenny-ISFP or ENFP. Hard to know her motivations. Though I lean more towards ISFP.

Bubba-ESFP?? No idea.

Mrs. Gump-xSFJ.

Lt. Dan-INTJ?
    I definitly agree with Jenny. I think Bubba is in the same boat as Forrest to be honest. He found someone who he could fully relate too, but he lost him in the war. I think we could say that Mrs. Gump is probably an E. She isn't ashamed that her son is below average, but she most definitly treats him differently and knows that he is different and protects him because of that. As for Lt. Dan.... I haven't really thought about his type too much. He likes things to make sense. Perhaps Ti? It's been a while since I've seen the movie.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    It's not a bad idea to put some thought into these typings, but people are just having fun/wasting time. It's not serious business. If you're upset with some of the typings here, just say so, offer your own insight, and go about your way. Why do you bother with expressing your disapproval? It'd get really boring if people weren't simply allowed to waste time with bullshit like this, and had to worry about whether you can wrap your head around it or not. I'd be friendlier right now, but it almost sounds like you're actually taking some passive aggressive swipe at everyone with the "paint by numbers" comment. If I'm reading it wrong, my bad. If not, lighten up.
    I'm entirely just curious how solving nothing solves boredom.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, right?

thinking of you