• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't really know where to begin in typing him. I want to say ISFP, but I'm not too sure. Help?

Aside: I'm a huuuuge fan of his. He's a very real, nice, thoughtful guy, and I have a lot of respect for him.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAM6Yk6PEwg&feature=related"]RZA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1aXrmQthY&feature=related"]RZA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDgf_sf9N_c&feature=related"]RZA[/YOUTUBE]

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i read the tao of wu and can't remember most of it, i think he's INTJ though. he seemed very abstract and organized the wu-tang clan, came up with their business plan, etc.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ, really? What do you say that?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've seen rza typed as INTJ and gza as INTP by a lot of people. i wish i had the book so i could elaborate more, and i can't see the videos because i'm on my phone. but he was the leader and organizer of the wu-tang clan which isn't a role i'd think an ISFP would naturally go for. and he created a 5 year plan for all of their careers so they would be on top. he puts a lot of symbolism and philosophy into every aspect of the group too, has written multiple books about it. idk i don't see him as any kind of SP definitely. thats what method man and odb are there for ;)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say INFJ. He's really into spirituality and in some small Muslim sect, and into Eastern religion. What kind of INTJ does that?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i could see INFJ too, but i don't think being an INTJ means he can't be spiritual. he might use religion as a means of structure/hope, especially coming from the environment he did.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Spirituality doesn't cancel out INTJness, right, but to me a real example of an INTJ rapper/producer would someone like Dr. Dre.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJ makes sense. What would his enneagram be?

If he were an INTJ, his enneagram would probably be 8w9 so/sp... maybe?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Ok, I watched the interviews.

INxJ. He reminds me of Phil Jackson.

Last edited:
H

Hate

Spirituality doesn't cancel out INTJness, right, but to me a real example of an INTJ rapper/producer would someone like Dr. Dre.

Do you mean this Dr. Dre.? I certainly hope he isn't an example of real INTJness. Hopefully he was in shadow mode here.

drdexter.png

KDude

RZA is badass, but he just dispels a lot of things that conjure up INJ for me. Not that I'm completely doubting it (I also thought that maybe Gaga was INFJ btw, so I'm not against INFJ musicians). I just have to ask why aren't any INJs here like RZA then? Like even a little. If that's the case, I might know quite a few INFJs then. :thinking: He's a pretty simple guy, relatively speaking. What's so Ni-dom like about smoking weed, hanging with Bastard, watching the 13th Chamber, and making a hip hop group? He might be a J, just for being so damn consistent about it, but I'm not sure about anything else.

Early on, Ol' Dirty Bastard and I used to watch kung fu movies, leave the theater, do some kung fu fighting, get on the train, keep fighting, and then run into MCs and musically battle them like it was a kung fu fight. That was my weekend habit.
When we could afford VCRs, we got all the kung fu movies we could get our hands on and watched three or four a day. We were smoking blunts, drinking beer, watching movies, making demo tapes. To this day, at least four times a week, a kung fu flick is in my DVD player. And I'm still DJing, making beats, making songs, and fucking with kung fu movies. I'm still the same kid when it comes to those things.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Do you mean this Dr. Dre.? I certainly hope he isn't an example of real INTJness. Hopefully he was in shadow mode here.

drdexter.png

I think he's in "I need money" sell-out mode here. He thought the corny flashy stuff would sell because that was big at the time, then found out the hard stuff sold better.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx

I could see that.

Introverted enneatypes (Nines, Fours, and Fives) of a social variant are always hard for me to place.

RZA is badass, but he just dispels a lot of things that conjure up INJ for me. Not that I'm completely doubting it (I also thought that maybe Gaga was INFJ btw, so I'm not against INFJ musicians). I just have to ask why aren't any INJs here like RZA then? Like even a little. If that's the case, I might know quite a few INFJs then. :thinking: He's a pretty simple guy, relatively speaking. What's so Ni-dom like about smoking weed, hanging with Bastard, watching the 13th Chamber, and making a hip hop group? He might be a J, just for being so damn consistent about it, but I'm not sure about anything else.

I know what you mean, KDude. I was, and am still, a little reluctant to type him as a Ni-dom, but the tendency (which is quite pervasive on this forum) to view Ni as some intangible, mysteriously magnetic force of a function is probably a mistake. After mulling it over, I realized INFJ makes sense, especially in relation to my original typing (Ni-tert vs Ni-dom). I frequently mistype male INFJs and male ISFPs as each other. They feel the same to me.

Also, chana made some good points. One thing I can add is that although kung-fu movies are pretty popular in the hood, especially during the time RZA was growing up, rarely did it inspire someone to go beyond the film narrative and try to gain an understanding of Eastern philosophy or try to bridge two experiences in his lyrics that seemed so distant. Like he said in the first interview, he's really just a big nerd.

drdexter.png

You're wrong for that one.

:laugh:

KDude

I know what you mean, KDude. I was, and am still, a little reluctant to type him as a Ni-dom, but the tendency (which is quite pervasive on this forum) to view Ni as some intangible, mysteriously magnetic force of a function is probably a mistake. After mulling it over, I realized INFJ makes sense, especially in relation to my original typing (Ni-tert vs Ni-dom). I frequently mistype male INFJs and male ISFPs as each other. They feel the same to me.

Also, chana made some good points. One thing I can add is that although kung-fu movies are pretty popular in the hood, especially during the time RZA was growing up, rarely did it inspire someone to go beyond the film narrative and try to gain an understanding of Eastern philosophy or try to bridge two experiences in his lyrics that seemed so distant. Like he said in the first interview, he's really just a big nerd.

Perhaps, you're right. Being the displaced Asian kid I was, using things like Kung Fu flicks as a way to embrace Eastern motifs was totally normal. I was merely trying to get closer to what I was, so maybe I don't instantly appreciate it. For a guy growing up in Harlem, who took the concepts where he did, is pretty different. As for Ni, I have several models of typology floating in my head (I mean, models that are gathered from reading, all of which I'm undecided on), so I really don't think it has to necessarily be mysterious either. I'm just confused, that's all.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Early on, Ol' Dirty Bastard and I used to watch kung fu movies, leave the theater, do some kung fu fighting, get on the train, keep fighting, and then run into MCs and musically battle them like it was a kung fu fight. That was my weekend habit.
When we could afford VCRs, we got all the kung fu movies we could get our hands on and watched three or four a day. We were smoking blunts, drinking beer, watching movies, making demo tapes. To this day, at least four times a week, a kung fu flick is in my DVD player. And I'm still DJing, making beats, making songs, and fucking with kung fu movies. I'm still the same kid when it comes to those things.

Alright, here is why RZA is an Ni dom, and i'll put it as simply as possible.
His reason for not putting out the new album they made and sold for 2 million to that shitty person whom I hate even sharing some sort of relation with via countries...

Ol' Dirty Bastard was an ENTP 100% considering his weird rap/singing, the way he brought out the things he said and a bunch of other shit.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think RZA is a very clear NJ. He seems ambivert to me completely at home in his own head, company, thoughts etc but with an urge and gift for sharing and expressing himself. All round great individual. I think he is actually very balanced when it comes to E/I and F/T.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
RZA could be an ENFJ.

Regarding other members, I assumed INTP for GZA, although I recently read an interesting argument someone made for GZA as INFJ. Ghostface might be an NFP.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ISTP

I used to think Ni dom too but nah