User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think so/sp infj is the safest bet. e9w1.

reference: http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=90:80

thinking of you

RZA is badass, but he just dispels a lot of things that conjure up INJ for me. Not that I'm completely doubting it (I also thought that maybe Gaga was INFJ btw, so I'm not against INFJ musicians). I just have to ask why aren't any INJs here like RZA then? Like even a little. If that's the case, I might know quite a few INFJs then. He's a pretty simple guy, relatively speaking. What's so Ni-dom like about smoking weed, hanging with Bastard, watching the 13th Chamber, and making a hip hop group? He might be a J, just for being so damn consistent about it, but I'm not sure about anything else.

Early on, Ol' Dirty Bastard and I used to watch kung fu movies, leave the theater, do some kung fu fighting, get on the train, keep fighting, and then run into MCs and musically battle them like it was a kung fu fight. That was my weekend habit.
    When we could afford VCRs, we got all the kung fu movies we could get our hands on and watched three or four a day. We were smoking blunts, drinking beer, watching movies, making demo tapes. To this day, at least four times a week, a kung fu flick is in my DVD player. And I'm still DJing, making beats, making songs, and fucking with kung fu movies. I'm still the same kid when it comes to those things.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Do you mean this Dr. Dre.? I certainly hope he isn't an example of real INTJness. Hopefully he was in shadow mode here.

I think he's in "I need money" sell-out mode here. He thought the corny flashy stuff would sell because that was big at the time, then found out the hard stuff sold better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I think so/sp infj is the safest bet. e9w1.

reference: http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=90:80
    I could see that.

Introverted enneatypes (Nines, Fours, and Fives) of a social variant are always hard for me to place.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    RZA is badass, but he just dispels a lot of things that conjure up INJ for me. Not that I'm completely doubting it (I also thought that maybe Gaga was INFJ btw, so I'm not against INFJ musicians). I just have to ask why aren't any INJs here like RZA then? Like even a little. If that's the case, I might know quite a few INFJs then. He's a pretty simple guy, relatively speaking. What's so Ni-dom like about smoking weed, hanging with Bastard, watching the 13th Chamber, and making a hip hop group? He might be a J, just for being so damn consistent about it, but I'm not sure about anything else.
    I know what you mean, KDude. I was, and am still, a little reluctant to type him as a Ni-dom, but the tendency (which is quite pervasive on this forum) to view Ni as some intangible, mysteriously magnetic force of a function is probably a mistake. After mulling it over, I realized INFJ makes sense, especially in relation to my original typing (Ni-tert vs Ni-dom). I frequently mistype male INFJs and male ISFPs as each other. They feel the same to me.

Also, chana made some good points. One thing I can add is that although kung-fu movies are pretty popular in the hood, especially during the time RZA was growing up, rarely did it inspire someone to go beyond the film narrative and try to gain an understanding of Eastern philosophy or try to bridge two experiences in his lyrics that seemed so distant. Like he said in the first interview, he's really just a big nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Do you mean this Dr. Dre.? I certainly hope he isn't an example of real INTJness. Hopefully he was in shadow mode here.

You're wrong for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I know what you mean, KDude. I was, and am still, a little reluctant to type him as a Ni-dom, but the tendency (which is quite pervasive on this forum) to view Ni as some intangible, mysteriously magnetic force of a function is probably a mistake. After mulling it over, I realized INFJ makes sense, especially in relation to my original typing (Ni-tert vs Ni-dom). I frequently mistype male INFJs and male ISFPs as each other. They feel the same to me.

Also, chana made some good points. One thing I can add is that although kung-fu movies are pretty popular in the hood, especially during the time RZA was growing up, rarely did it inspire someone to go beyond the film narrative and try to gain an understanding of Eastern philosophy or try to bridge two experiences in his lyrics that seemed so distant. Like he said in the first interview, he's really just a big nerd.
    Perhaps, you're right. Being the displaced Asian kid I was, using things like Kung Fu flicks as a way to embrace Eastern motifs was totally normal. I was merely trying to get closer to what I was, so maybe I don't instantly appreciate it. For a guy growing up in Harlem, who took the concepts where he did, is pretty different. As for Ni, I have several models of typology floating in my head (I mean, models that are gathered from reading, all of which I'm undecided on), so I really don't think it has to necessarily be mysterious either. I'm just confused, that's all.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    854 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

Early on, Ol' Dirty Bastard and I used to watch kung fu movies, leave the theater, do some kung fu fighting, get on the train, keep fighting, and then run into MCs and musically battle them like it was a kung fu fight. That was my weekend habit.
    When we could afford VCRs, we got all the kung fu movies we could get our hands on and watched three or four a day. We were smoking blunts, drinking beer, watching movies, making demo tapes. To this day, at least four times a week, a kung fu flick is in my DVD player. And I'm still DJing, making beats, making songs, and fucking with kung fu movies. I'm still the same kid when it comes to those things.
    Alright, here is why RZA is an Ni dom, and i'll put it as simply as possible.
    His reason for not putting out the new album they made and sold for 2 million to that shitty person whom I hate even sharing some sort of relation with via countries...

Ol' Dirty Bastard was an ENTP 100% considering his weird rap/singing, the way he brought out the things he said and a bunch of other shit.
    eyy, dat's pretty guud.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I think RZA is a very clear NJ. He seems ambivert to me completely at home in his own head, company, thoughts etc but with an urge and gift for sharing and expressing himself. All round great individual. I think he is actually very balanced when it comes to E/I and F/T.