• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Official MBTI of Anime Characters Thread =)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know we already have an MBTI and Fictional Characters thread, but I thought it would be nice to have one specifically for anime characters. if you know their enneagram, feel free to post that as well. in fact, any personality info you can provide is welcome :yes:
I'll start with a few classics =)

Rurouni Kenshin
Kenshin: INFJ, 1w2
Kaoru: ESFJ, 2w1
Yahiko: ESTJ, 8
Sano: ESFP, 7
Aoshi: ISTJ, 1
Shishio: ENTJ or ISTP, 5 or 8
Saito: INTJ or a really smart ISTJ (actually this seems more likely) 1w9
Misao: ESFJ 2w1
Jinne/Kurogasa: ESTP, 7
Megumi: INTJ

Death Note
Light Yagami: INTJ (the epitome of INTJ) 1
L: INTP, 5w4
Light's Dad: ISTJ, 1
Misa: ESTP, 7
Ryuk: ISTP or ENTP, 7
Mello: ENFJ (most people say ENFP, but I think he's too emotional and he seems J)Near: INTJ or INTP, 5

.hack//sign
Tsukasa: INFP or INFJ, 4w5
Mimiru: ESFJ or ENFJ, 2w3
Bear: ENTP or ENTJ, 5
Silver Knight: ESTJ, 6
Sora: ENTP, 7
BT: ENTJ, 5 or 8
Tsubaru: ISFJ, 6
Crim: ENFP, 7w8

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ouran High School Host Club:

Haruhi: ISFJ, I think.
Tamaki: sooooo ENFP
Kyoya: obvious INTJ
Hikaru and Kaoru: ESFP and ESTP respectively
Mori: ISTJ or ISFJ
Hunny: ESFP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You've evolved lol! =P
I'm gonna have to disagree on a few of those
Huni: ENFP
Hikaru and Kaoru: NF something
other than that, I agree with the rest =)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yep, didn't take long either cause all I needed was the moon stone! :biggrin:

Hunny could be N rather than S, although considering he's a martial arts master who loves the deliqacy of sweets, I'd be more inclined to say that he's Se dom.

So why NF for the twins?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a pretty extensive one here (not that I'm complaining).

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

What makes you think Misa is an ESTP? I thought ESFP.

well, I think she's T because she strikes me as cold and unfeeling, but pretending to care about people. I can't back this up tho, that's just how she comes across to me

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the twins are NF because they're romantic as hell and always talk very poetically and sensually. I'd guess INFP or INFJ

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Misa seems more of an F to me, I mean who else but an F would go to all the trouble that she did for the sake of romantic love?

I could see the twins as N, but why I's? I mean as children they were certainly reclusive, but as teens they're much more social and energetic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
social yes, energetic, no. they have a sort of calm about them that's much more I than E. ENFs tend to be more silly and energetic. INFs are silly too, but our silliness is often times much more subtle. Misa being T is really just my opinion tho, she just seems too shallow Britney Spears-esque to be F

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In that regard, I could see the twins as I rather than E, although I must admit, they're probably one of the more complex/harder to type characters on the show.

Shallowness isn't a T trait, nor do I think its any trait for that matter.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In that regard, I could see the twins as I rather than E, although I must admit, they're probably one of the more complex/harder to type characters on the show.

Shallowness isn't a T trait, nor do I think its any trait for that matter.

true, but her overall vibe just seems hella T to me. she's also more directing as opposed to informing
NF types are the most complicated and subjective types to type. N and F both deal with things holistically, subjectively and seemingly irrationally (but in actually, it often is quite rational)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well I could argue further in my opinion, but learning something recently, I really don't see too much of a point in that. So I'll stick with my opinion of Misa as an F, although your opinion of Misa as a T could be right as well.

I do whole heartedly agree with your assertion on the NF types though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why don't I post a few more Rurouni Kenshin characters, I never quite finished that one =)
Okina: ENFP, 7w6
Hoji: ISTJ, 6
Shougo Amakusa: INFP, 1w9 (he seems ENFJ because of his charisma and passionate energy, but he is Introverted Feeling as hell)
Lady Magudalia/Sayo: ENFJ, 2w1
Chao the Sword Hunter: ESTP, 7w8
Anji: INFJ, 1w2 or 2w1

KDude

social yes, energetic, no. they have a sort of calm about them that's much more I than E. ENFs tend to be more silly and energetic. INFs are silly too, but our silliness is often times much more subtle. Misa being T is really just my opinion tho, she just seems too shallow Britney Spears-esque to be F

Neither T or F is necessarily shallow, are they? About the only way I can see a T being shallow is when they're screwing with you. Then again, maybe it's shallow to screw with people. :thinking:

Anyways, I thought she was one of the more F characters on Death Note. An ESTP (in the stereotypical player/grifter/impersonalized sense) would be Faye from Bebop imo. Not Britney-like characters.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm, well it's fine if you disagree =) I still can't really explain why I think she's T.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you have disagreements about any of the other characters from any of the animes listed?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't seen the other two anime, so not sure at all about their types.

Mello, ENFJ? No way, he's totally an ENFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he's too emotional to be ENFP. NFPs aren't impulsive enough to rush into such physical risks like that. at the least, we would be way to freaked out to act so rashly. he seems extraverted feeling as hell with anger issues.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
he's too emotional to be ENFP

Whaaaat? Too emotional? Does not compute, does not compute, *head explodes*.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in that case, let's add 2 more. feel free to comment on any previously listed anime (rurouni kenshin, .hack//sign, ouran host club, death note) or bring up your own =)

Tsubasa Chronicle
Syaoran: ISFJ or INFJ, 2w1 or 1w2
Sakura: ENFJ, 2w1
Mokona: ESFJ
Kurogane: ISTP, 8w7
Fai: INFP, 4w3 (the epitome of the INFP 4w3. classy, glamorous, sophisticated and straight up diva, but with the subtle grace and gentle nature of an INFP)
Yuko: INTJ, 5w6
Fei Wong Reed: INTJ, 5 or 8
Toya: ESTJ, 3
Yukito: INFJ, 1w9 or 9w1

YuYu Hakusho (lots of room for discussion here, I'm unsure about over half of these and i only know the characters from the first 20 episodes)
Yusuke: ISTP, 8w7
Kuwabara: ESFJ, 8w7
Botan: ISFP, 9w1
Kurama: INFP, 4w3
Hiei: INTP or INTJ (overall he seems INTP based on his mannerisms and the way he talks, but the episode where he fights the blue dragon guy seems to suggest a VERY strong Fi), 5w4
Koenma: no clue
Genkai: ISTJ, 5w6
Keiko: ESFJ, 2w1 or 2w3