User Tag List

First 4567 Last

your resident asshole

Just wanted to post in this thread because I recently rewatched the entire series and wanted to give my opinions on some of the characters.

Aang - EnFP. A random and off-the-wall kid who has some serious and deep worldviews. However, I will admit that the S/N divide is quite unclear. I think most people want to type him as an ENFP because an NF seems best suited to be the avatar.

Katara - esFJ. I have great difficulty in typing her as well. While she is a definite motherly Fe user, I can't tell much of anything else.

Sokka - EnTp - He is a bit of a chameleon. In the beginning he is a total ESTP, but then his Ne resourcefulness starts to show through as his character grows. Also, he is always the one putting the team on the track and reminding them of their goals, which makes me think Te and just confuses me more. Whatever he is, he's very balanced yet goofy.

Toph - ISTP. Need I say more? Although I will admit her I vs. E distinction is not as clear as the other functions.

Zuko - ISTJ. His obsession with honor screams Si. And although he has feelings, that doesn't make him a feeler! I don't see any Fe either. He is also somewhat similar to Azula, but his energy is often more reflected inward, making him more introverted. Also worth noting, I think his internal struggle has always been due to Si-Fi conflicts. In the end of the series, his Fi grows and is able to work in harmony with his Si. I really love his character development.

Uncle Iroh - INFP. I'm 10000% positive of NFP. He is very happy to go wherever the wind takes him, he always speaking in metaphors, and he always about the complexities of life. I've always wondered what his personality was like before his son's death and if it changed significantly.

Azula - ENTJ. She is extremely efficient, cold, calculating, bossy, and manipulative. Somehow, she always seems to be one step ahead of everyone else. Her mental breakdown at the end was simply brilliant. I applaud the writers for this.

Mai - Some type of boring IxTx.

Appa - INTP
    Likes Bknight liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Aang - ENFP
    Katara - ESFJ
    Sokka - ENTP
    Zuko - ISTJ
    Toph - ESTP
    Azula - ENTJ
    Mai - ISTP
    Ty Lee - ESFP
    Ozai - ISTJ
    Iroh - INFP (Probably more a T when he was a general)
    For you, R.I.P. will always stand for "Return if possible" to me.

THREAD NECRO...

Didn't know where else to put this, a very good bending fight scene:

Positive TraitsNegative Traits

Pet Theory about MBTI Functions versus Enneagram Types Correlation

Free Enneagram Readings: Use this test and paste the results in my thread.
    Likes /DG/ liked this post

I think all Azula needed was a good husband.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by eclecticreject View Post
    Aang - ENFP
    Katara - ESFJ
    Sokka - ENTP
    Zuko - ISTJ
    Toph - ESTP
    Azula - ENTJ
    Mai - ISTP
    Ty Lee - ESFP
    Ozai - ISTJ
    Iroh - INFP (Probably more a T when he was a general)
    Yup, this is how I see it too. Although I can see ISTP for Toph too - damn ambiversion complicating things. I think ESTP makes more sense for her.

The two characters I related to most in this show were Aang and Ty Le.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Aang- ENFP
    Zuko- INFP
    Iroh- ENFJ
    Sokka- ENTJ
    Katara- ESFJ
    Toph- xSTP
    Mai- IxTP
    Ty Lee- ESFP
    Azula- ENTJ
    Jet- ISTP (misconstrued inferior Fe)
    How about Zuko's mom you guys? My guess is INFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    In the movie everyone is ISTJ.
    Pretty much, yeah. Just another reason why they failed completely and utterly; they couldn't even keep their personalities. Heck, they couldn't even keep diversity.

Zuko seems more INFP than ISTJ, he spoke out against his father because of his personal values. He makes all his choices primarily based off how he feels bout them.

I think Sokka is an ENTJ, he loves to be the leader and take conrol of things.

Iroh I think is actually an ESFP. His is an old man so his fuctions are developed. He definetely has a strong SP traits always wandering around and loves to pamper his senses. He always seems to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and advises Zuko to do the same. His auxillary Fi is obvious in his moral speaches and the way he follows his heart. His tertiary Te can be seen in his past as a general, he can take command when he needs to. His inferior Ni is developed more than most, although he naturally enjoys the moment, he can use the occasional Ni wisdom. He think he can be our first good example of a wise and intelligent ESFP, a type usually thought of and portrayed as an idiot.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I have to agree with the descriptions in OP's original post. I don't think the types can be any other trait. I think the types were planted to purpose to create conflict with each other. Anng and Zuko are in conflict relations with each other being ISTJ and ENFP. Katara and Sukko was ESFJ and ENTP. You can tell there was some sort of sibling rival on how they couldn't tolerate each other at times. You can tell in the first episode they hated doing chores with each other and conflict erupt.

I didn't like Sukko for some reason. I thought he was too goofy and unrestrained. I thought it was because of his enneagram. His image wasn't a wing 1w2. He wasn't perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by One1000 View Post
    Zuko seems more INFP than ISTJ, he spoke out against his father because of his personal values. He makes all his choices primarily based off how he feels bout them.

I think Sokka is an ENTJ, he loves to be the leader and take conrol of things.

Iroh I think is actually an ESFP. His is an old man so his fuctions are developed. He definetely has a strong SP traits always wandering around and loves to pamper his senses. He always seems to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and advises Zuko to do the same. His auxillary Fi is obvious in his moral speaches and the way he follows his heart. His tertiary Te can be seen in his past as a general, he can take command when he needs to. His inferior Ni is developed more than most, although he naturally enjoys the moment, he can use the occasional Ni wisdom. He think he can be our first good example of a wise and intelligent ESFP, a type usually thought of and portrayed as an idiot.
    I definitely agree with you on Zuko & Sokka. I'm glad to find someone on the same wave as me with them. However, I think Iroh could also possibly be an ENFJ with well developed tert Se, who used to follow his dom Fe more in going along with his father's wishes & carrying out his work when he was a general. I see his Ni come out in his hopes for Zuko & his nations destiny. It's like he can already see something in Zuko that Zuko can't & knows that the world will one day be peaceful again. Him being in the white lotus also says N to me, just something about it. He also told Zuko that he never thinks things through, which leads me to lean J for Iroh (& reinforces P for Zuko). Just some thoughts I have. I think Iroh having Fe shows in his social politeness too, & he literally has to tell Zuko to be polite & to thank people & things like that. I thought your analysis was good btw.