User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 65

  1. #21
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    No, you're the one who quoted me out of context and then made a serious leap of logic. To say that ESFPs like to have fun (even if that was ALL that I said, which it wasn't) does not imply that other types hate it.

    Bad joke was bad.

    And no, all the benders do not necessarily seem Se. Katara and Zuko, for instance, don't seem Se to me. Aang seems Se because he constantly does things like impulisively slide down random chutes for the physical fun of it, or impulsively join a school in the middle of the Fire Nation. It's all impulse, making a splash, acting on physical impulses in the moment, which is Se (and which Aang has in spades.) Where is his Ne?
    wow, sorry, i wasn't trying to personally attack you. when you said "he likes to have fun" in the first place it sounded like you were making a distinction from ENFPs because the rest of your point for aang was about why he's ESFP instead of ENFP. i'm sorry for misinterpreting.

    you're still attributing stuff to Se that's just E/Pe though. all Ps are impulsive and do stuff just for fun, especially ExxP.

    anyway, i said Ne because sometimes aang gets all N-y.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes
    he's very philosophical and likes to disconnect, which is why I'm sort of thinking this over ESFP
    yeah, that was kind of my thought too. though maybe that's just the fact that he's the avatar and has a heavy load on his hands that no one else can really fully understand or deal with. on the other hand, i thought aang joined the fire nation school because someone thought he was a kid and supposed to be in school, not just to make a splash.

    i agree that aang seems more Se at times. i haven't watched every episode, and maybe i am missing some key behaviors. and maybe bending to me always just seems a little Se because my Se sucks ass and i don't really understand it well.


    anyway does aang remind anyone else of tommy from rugrats?



  2. #22
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I havent seen the movie yet but I know the cartoon and since I would be totally out of my mind to tyape fictional characters, I only wanted to say: Toph rocks !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #23
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I havent seen the movie yet but I know the cartoon and since I would be totally out of my mind to tyape fictional characters, I only wanted to say: Toph rocks !
    In the movie everyone is ISTJ.
    Likes Bknight liked this post

  4. #24
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    So, anyone wanna take a shot at typing the characters? I absolutely LOVE this show. The characters are brilliant, and their friendships are timeless. Everytime an episode ends and I see the credits I feel tingles all over my body. Such a simple yet beautiful show.

    I'm not completely confident in my guesses. I didn't go through and match up their dominant and secondary functions to see if it works.

    Aang - ENFP (Ne/Fi)
    It seems that the ENFPs love to get that extra squeeze out of life, and Aang does just that. He always finds some weird or strange way to play a game or have fun. Also, being from the Air nation, he does have ENFP-like worries about being controlled as seen in the teams stay in the structured Ba Sing Se.

    Kitara - ESFJ (Fe/Si)
    Kitara absolutely believes in helping others, even if it means self-sacrificing her needs. "I will never, ever turn my back on people that need me!" I wanted to type her as an introvert at first, but I realized that she was more Fe than she was Fi. In the episode where Zuko joins the party, she threatened to kill him if he did anything fishy, which is very unlike her. This reminds me of my ESFJ mother who has said similar things to people who have threatened/hurt her children.

    Sokka - ENTP (Ne/Ti)
    I wasn't quite sure what Sokka was until I realized how much he relied on ingenuity and how he was definitely the "inventor" type. He sees a world of possibilities, and when under pressure he can quickly use his Ti to come up with a working plan.

    Toph - ESTP (Se/Ti)
    She desires to do what she pleases and is not too happy with compulsory activity. This is simply another guess.

    Zuko - ISTJ (Si/Te)
    He is very serious about his duties and responsibilities, and is a very serious person in general.

    Uncle Iroh - ESFJ (Fe/Si)
    Just a guess.

    Azula - ENTJ (Te/Ni)
    Oh man... She simply radiates being an unhealthy ENTJ. She has a strong desire for dominance, and seems to always be planning what could be. She relies on empirical thought first, and then lets her intuition fill in the blanks when she is planning. She is a very unique villain.

    Ty Lee - ESFP (Se/Fi)
    Honestly, what else could she be? She lives for the moment and enjoys her good share of fun. She has in inner emotional flame, shown to use in The Beach, when she expresses how she was afraid she would never stand out from her 6 sisters and would always be part of a "set". She often flirts with boys and usually has a group of them surrounding her, hinting at her fear of being alone.

    Mai - INTP (Ti/Ne)
    Haha, I finally found my own example of an INTP. She prefers her solitude and is willing not to put too much effort into anything, as seen when she refuses to chase after Kitara and Sokka through the slime waste in the episode The Drill. I was torn between if she was an ISTP or an INTP, but she never expresses any kind of Se habits so I decided on INTP.

    Feel free to correct me. I'm more concerned about getting them typed correctly than being right. I like relating the MBTI to anime/cartoon characters since they seem to be a little on the melodramatic side, letting their true colors shine through. It's easier for me to recall what a stereotypical ENTP is like when I think of Sokka versus thinking of Alexander the Great, whom I know nothing about.
    This looks good. but even if it does, here's mine:

    Kitara - ENFJ. not sure but I'm remembering some moments of insights from her that credits ingenuity rather than 'working on past methods'.

    Toph - INTJ. not sure how to explain..

    Uncle Iroh - seems as easygoing as ENFP or maybe INFP, or INFJ. N because of all his abstract 'teachings'.

    Mai - ISTP. she doesn't express Ne "habits". I'd say it would be easier to 'notice' Ne habits rather than Se ones due to the 'novelty' of Ne activity.

    The rest, I can't disagree.

  5. #25
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Kitara - ENFJ. not sure but I'm remembering some moments of insights from her that credits ingenuity rather than 'working on past methods'.

    Toph - INTJ. not sure how to explain..

    Uncle Iroh - seems as easygoing as ENFP or maybe INFP, or INFJ. N because of all his abstract 'teachings'.
    Katara I can see as an E, though I think she's more I, but I think overall she's more S than N. She can be very idealistic, but I think she has more of that nurturing mothering role that you get with SFJs. They even had an entire episode on how strict and motherly she was!

    Toph - How is she INTJ lol? Some characters can occasionally seem either INTJ or ISTP for some reason, but Toph is a total STP. She's never inventive or anything. She has a tough hard work attitude I suppose, but that's mainly because it's her field of interest, common among STPs, and other times she's quite lazy. She also seems I. A lot of the time she just sits disconnectedly in the background and she's not really a leader or anything. Rather independent and keeps to herself most of the time, popping in and making sarcastic comments.

    Iroh - I think he's easily an P now, but I think in his earlier life, when he was general of the fire nation, he was more of an INFJ. He lost his J drive when he retired I guess!

  6. #26
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Katara I can see as an E, though I think she's more I, but I think overall she's more S than N. She can be very idealistic, but I think she has more of that nurturing mothering role that you get with SFJs. They even had an entire episode on how strict and motherly she was!
    And ENFJ's aren't as commonly strict and motherly? Also, consider episode 47 in book three. She gets into detail about Toph's motivations and feelings. Ni.

    Toph - How is she INTJ lol? Some characters can occasionally seem either INTJ or ISTP for some reason, but Toph is a total STP. She's never inventive or anything. She has a tough hard work attitude I suppose, but that's mainly because it's her field of interest, common among STPs, and other times she's quite lazy. She also seems I. A lot of the time she just sits disconnectedly in the background and she's not really a leader or anything. Rather independent and keeps to herself most of the time, popping in and making sarcastic comments.
    She seems rather goal-oriented but I'm mainly thinking about the way she behaves: she shows Fi rather than Fe. She definitely seems way too rambunctious but I'm thinking manifestation of inferior Se.

  7. #27
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    And ENFJ's aren't as commonly strict and motherly? Also, consider episode 47 in book three. She gets into detail about Toph's motivations and feelings. Ni.


    She seems rather goal-oriented but I'm mainly thinking about the way she behaves: she shows Fi rather than Fe. She definitely seems way too rambunctious but I'm thinking manifestation of inferior Se.
    Maybe you're right. Katara just seems to have a lot of Si, but I can see how she would be an N.

    Toph on the other hand I can't see as INTJ at all. She doesn't really think too far into the future and I can't think of any time she's shown Ni, the INTJ dominant function. ISTPs often like to have a plan of action, but not really in the long term. Toph shows little in the way of Te either. She doesn't guide or command people. Most of the time she wants to keep to herself and take care of herself, and let the others do the same. She comp[romises this for the group but it's still basically there. I think she has strong extraverted sensing. A lover of action and excitement and often likes to live in the moment. Her love of earthbending, particularly in contest, shows this, and she makes lightning fast decisions in them, and finds it exhillirating.

  8. #28
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    I was thinking and I think Zuko is probably more INFJ. If you think about it, he has a lot of Fe. He spends most of the series trying to be accepted by the dominant influence in his life, his father, then Team Avatar, then his Uncle. His idea of his honour and destiny shifts frequently and he always sides with whoever his feels dutiful towards, even if he doesn't agree. Except that one time where he spoke up and got his face burnt, but after that, he kept trying to get his acceptance back.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  9. #29
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I was thinking and I think Zuko is probably more INFJ. If you think about it, he has a lot of Fe. He spends most of the series trying to be accepted by the dominant influence in his life, his father, then Team Avatar, then his Uncle. His idea of his honour and destiny shifts frequently and he always sides with whoever his feels dutiful towards, even if he doesn't agree. Except that one time where he spoke up and got his face burnt, but after that, he kept trying to get his acceptance back.
    Hm...Let's think in terms of Fe vs. Fi. Does he really orient his values based on a collective understanding? Or does he follow more of an internal value, which could also be affected by the external?

    I actually believe that his 'shifting internal conflict' is Fi. It gets very difficult for him to maintain clarity, but, when he makes up his mind, his principles become as hard as steel---as oppose to the rather 'situational' Fe. In addition, I don't see him showing any positive attention towards ethics and society's delicate mannerisms but what I can definitely see is an understanding/consideration towards the overall "technical" system found within society's hierarchal government system. This then is a matter of collective organization or in other words, Te.

    Now, if said proposition is true, on what nature of value does he feel obligated to? The traditional Si perhaps?

  10. #30
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Hm...Let's think in terms of Fe vs. Fi. Does he really orient his values based on a collective understanding? Or does he follow more of an internal value, which could also be affected by the external?

    I actually believe that his 'shifting internal conflict' is Fi. It gets very difficult for him to maintain clarity, but, when he makes up his mind, his principles become as hard as steel---as oppose to the rather 'situational' Fe. In addition, I don't see him showing any positive attention towards ethics and society's delicate mannerisms but what I can definitely see is an understanding/consideration towards the overall "technical" system found within society's hierarchal government system. This then is a matter of collective organization or in other words, Te.

    Now, if said proposition is true, on what nature of value does he feel obligated to? The traditional Si perhaps?
    I agree, which is why I maintain that he is ISTJ.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. Avatar: The Last Airbender
    By entropie in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 03:54 PM
  2. Most Influential person of the last 1000 years?
    By Cerpin_Taxt in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 07:44 PM
  3. The Last Person Alive
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 05:23 PM
  4. Anyone finished the last Harry Potter book?
    By darlets in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO