User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Curtiss View Post
    (To Tyrant) I'm not familiar with what you mean by Gamma or Delta, could you explain? Otherwise, it looks like you are using socionics instead of mbti. I'm not well-versed in that but I know Katara is no ESTJ. Isn't the main difference the fact that the j/p difference in socionics is determined by whether the dominant function is information gathering or decision making as opposed to the highest extraverted fuction in MBTI?
    Gamma, Alpha, Beta, and Delta are socionics quadrants, certain types belong to those quadrants. They all have valued functions:

Gamma: Ni, Te, Se, Fi = ENTj, INTp, ISFj, ESFp
    Alpha: Ne, Ti, Si, Fe = INTj, ENTp, ISFp, ESFj

See, how the pairs share none of the same valued functions?

Delta: Si, Te, Fi, Ne = INFj, ENFp, ISTp, ESTj
    Beta: Se, Ti, Fe, Ni = ENFj, INFp, ISTj, ESTp

The rational/irrational dichotomy is determined by the base information element. If the base information element is irrational (Si, Ne, Ni, Se), it's p, if it's a rational (Ti, Fe, Fi, Te) information element, then j.

Why do you object to Katara being ESTj?

I can definintely see Toph as an ISTP but as for enneagram, 8w9 all the way.
    ISTp, but why do you think she's a 8?

Azula: Yes, your right that she had a strong, manipulative Fe going for her, so she could be ENFJ, but she did use Te as well.
    Not really - where's the Te dominance? Azula obsessively used Se and Fe to manipulate and accomplish her goals. Besides clearly being a Fe dominant, being ENTj would imply unvalued Fe, which is beyond false.

Ty Lee: Again, I know socionics is different than MBTI, but if the letters correlate, then there is no way she is an intovert. Also, you mentioned her using creative Fe. ESFP uses the cognitive process order of Se-Fi-Te-Ni in MBTI, no Fe. Is this not the case for socionics?
    Introvert =/= quiet, or whatever reason you think she could not be an introvert. ISFp = Si, Fe, Ti, Ne. Could you honestly say Ty Lee did not use Fe frequently? They only alternative would be ESFj, and surely there's no way Ty Lee is of the EJ temperament.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Katara: INFJ , maybe E but I need someone to help me see how she's an extrovert.
    Aang: so very ENFP
    Sokka: ENTP
    Suki: ESTJ
    Toph: ESTP
    Zuko: unhealthy INFJ
    Iroh: ESTJ, he's a people person and seems to have traveled quite a bit.
    Mai: INTP
    June: I/E STP
    Jet: ISTP or misguided ISTJ
    Azula: ENTJ
    Piandao: ISTJ
    Bumi: ESFP
    Haru: INFP
    Ty Lee : ESFP

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Finally finished the series! I loved it

Aang - ENFP ... definitely
    Sokka - ENTP - seemed ESTP at first, but his ENTP'ness was overwhelming very quickly
    Katara - ESFJ - Although I wouldn't rule out ENFJ either
    Zuko - xNFJ - Definitely not an S or a P. I highly doubt he's a T as well. His obsession with his "honor" screams Fe, and his obsession with destiny screams Ni. He reminds me a lot of my ENFJ brother, but I admit he didn't seem all that E.
    Toph - ISTP! She may very well be ESTP, but she lacked Fe more than most ESTPs would. She was all about independence and carrying her own weight, so if I had to guess, I would say I.
    Azula - ENTJ - No doubt :P
    Jet - ESTP - I thought he might be an ESTP at first, but he had that tertiary Fe thing going on... he knew how to use Fe to manipulate (when needed)
    Iroh - xSFP - Or at least that's my best guess.. SP for sure.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Aang - ESFP - I don't know where you guys are getting ENFP from. His entire worldview seems to be derived from Se-Fi. He likes to have fun and rarely thinks about what he does or stops to philosophize.

Katara - ESFJ - She clearly leads with Fe and embodies the ESFJ "mother" stereotype. She also seems to have a thing for family and tradition, though sometimes she can be rebellious if a tradition is outside of her value system (or it threatens one of her friends.)

Sokka - ENTJ - He's good with ideas and plans, but he's too grounded and practical-minded to be an ENTP. He's also the schedule master. I had actually typed him as ESTJ at first, when his character did not include the long-range planner/"ideas man" element.

Zuko - ISTJ - He's rigid, high-strung, and always serious, but he doesn't plan more than one or two steps into the future, which seems to me like STJ. He seems to naturally use Te (even when he's not in his furious mode.) Fi is his only evident feeling function, and it seems like he doesn't really understand or enjoy its manifestations. He only experiences it negatively (until experience, advice, and hardship finally drills it into his head that he should use it positively.)

Toph - ISTP - She's practically the stereotype. Too reserved and lacking in Fe to be an ESTP. She has none of their energy or persuasiveness. Most of the time it just seems like she wants to be left alone to do whatever she wants without anybody bothering her or telling her what to do.

Iroh - ENFJ - At first I thought ESFP, but then I changed my mind when I took into consideration how far in the future he seems to plan, and his highly controlled demeanor. Fe is very evident. Se is only evident in his love of simple, physical pleasures, but not really in his behavior or his motivations.

Azula -ESTJ - She, like Zuko, doesn't really plan more than one or two steps into the future, but she seems rigid, controlling, and perfectionistic. She succeeds more often than her brother simply because she is more ruthless and less affected by her Fi.

Ty Lee - xSFP - I don't know about I/E, but she is most certainly an Se and Fi user of some sort.

Mai - ISTP - She's less overtly physical than, say, a Toph-style ISTP, but as nothing about her seems remotely J, F, or NT, ISTP is the best fit.

Zuko and Azula's Dad - ISTJ - Very duty oriented and rigid.

Katara and Sokka's Grandmother - ISTJ - Very tradition oriented and rigid. Kind of cold.

Bumi - ENTP - He's a very clear example of this type, I think. Lots of zany Ne, and his borderline-unethical games and schemes seem Ne-Ti to me.

Jet - ESTP - He's a suave, persuasive ringleader of a small-time rebellion. He's also a bit of a scumbag.

Avatar Roku - INFJ - He just seems like one to me. Very decisive and unbending ethical judgments that were based on what was best for the welfare of the community, and he enforced those judgments when it came to the behavior of others.

Avatar Kyoshi - INTJ - Leader type, decisive, cool-headed.

Inventor Guy - INTP - I can't remember his name, but he inhabited one of the air temples and turned it into a mechanical wonder.

Archeology Professor Guy - INTP - He decided to stay in the knowledge library despite the fact that it was sinking deep into the sand.

Aang and Katara's Waterbending Teacher - ISTJ - He could be no other type.

Guy Tracking Toph (who looked like John Redcorn from King of the Hill) - ESTP

Suki - XXXX - Too underdeveloped to get a good sense of her personality.

Angry Knowledge Owl - INTJ

Tracker Lady with Badger - ISTP

Haru - ISFJ

Sokka's Sword Teacher - INTJ - They made him seem like Sun Tzu.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

katara ESFJ, maybe ENFJ
    aang ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey
    He likes to have fun
    yeah, ENFPs HATE fun, god forbid

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    yeah, ENFPs HATE fun, god forbid
    Fail.

I really don't see how Aang is more ENFP than ESFP. Everyone just seems to be mindlessly agreeing.

MBTI
    TITS
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Fail.

I really don't see how Aang is more ENFP than ESFP. Everyone just seems to be mindlessly agreeing.
    I hear that sista sledge.

ESFP - Aang

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Fail.

well you're the one who made the dumb implication

i dunno, i just always thought aang felt NF-y. and we agree he's obviously ExFP.

i think all the benders are gonna seem a little Se because of the nature of bending.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    well you're the one who made the dumb implication

i dunno, i just always thought aang felt NF-y. and we agree he's obviously ExFP.

i think all the benders are gonna seem a little Se because of the nature of bending.
    No, you're the one who quoted me out of context and then made a serious leap of logic. To say that ESFPs like to have fun (even if that was ALL that I said, which it wasn't) does not imply that other types hate it.

Bad joke was bad.

And no, all the benders do not necessarily seem Se. Katara and Zuko, for instance, don't seem Se to me. Aang seems Se because he constantly does things like impulisively slide down random chutes for the physical fun of it, or impulsively join a school in the middle of the Fire Nation. It's all impulse, making a splash, acting on physical impulses in the moment, which is Se (and which Aang has in spades.) Where is his Ne?

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I think

Aang: ENFP - (he's very philosophical and likes to disconnect, which is why I'm sort of thinking this over ESFP)

Katara: ISFJ probably

Sokka: EXTX - He's really hard to type. He seems to almost have a dual personality. There's the Sokka who's irresponsible, silly, mostly S-ish, impulsive and fun and then there's the Sokka who's organised, tactical and forward thinking. He seems to be ESTP, then ENTP, then ENTJ. Maybe he's a J with a VERY well developed being silly side.

Toph - ISTP

Zuko - INFX, probably P.

Iroh - INFP - I don't have ANY idea where ESTJ comes from. He is happy living a simple life of peace and prosperity, always full of wisdom, hates conflict, sees beauty and wonder in the world, very calm and empathetic)

Azula - ENTJ

Ty Lee - straight ESFP

Mai - ISTP

Ozai - INTJ (likes to keep in the shadows behind the scenes mostly)
    Likes Bknight liked this post