• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Larry David & Woody Allen

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I posted this in the Arts & Entertainment, didn't realize this was a better place to put it, so I am going to ask here instead!

I notice that people type Larry David usually as an INFJ and Woody Allen usually as an INTP. Though, I see them as pretty much the same type.

Do you see similarities? Should they both be either INFJ or INTP?
What do you see them as?

Discuss.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
entp. woody allen is probably a 3w4. larry david is maybe a 7w8?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm not sure about woody, but larry david definnitely seems like an entp to me. maybe intp but definitely not an infj

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
larry seem intp, but entp on the show.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I often read that people think that he is an INFJ (i'm guessing his character...) who is horrible at Fe. Though, I see him sucking at Fe and also not wanting to use it. so I have no idea why people would see him as INFJ. He does like to be controlling of his enviornment (wanting his surrounding world to be how he thinks it should be), so perhaps that's some form of Fi?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Woody Allen is an INTP 6w7 Sp/So.

Larry David, I don't know.

KDude

larry seem intp, but entp on the show.

Yeah, seems it on the show. If I were to use socionics, he's a perfect example of Fi Polr.

OTOH he's aware enough of the humor entailed in it that he writes about it so much. Which goes against the idea that he's really ENTP :thinking:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently started watching Larry David's show on HBO. Love it. It's so simple which is the best part of it.

Anyway I think in the show Larry is an ENTP (ExTP would be an extremely safe bet). With regards to enneagram I am going with 6w7. He seems to have that e6 neurosis thing going on. Sometimes he comes across as a 7w8 but ExxPs in general have a e7 vibe. ExxPs and e7 have a lot on common at least in appearance.

EnTP 6w7 for Larry.

Woody always acts like an INTP e5. However he has constantly said that irl he isn't what he appears to be on screen. So it's really hard to say. Maybe he is an ISTP. It would be safe to say he is an IXTX irl.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't really care for Woody Allen, but I've heard Larry is an INTP. I can believe that, and a 6w7 -- 6's neurosis, he definitely has. I love the show, it's so funny and so awkward, but real. It's simple and I love it. Kind of my sense of humor.

yeghor

I think Larry David is an INTP. Below is a parody of how he can be uncaringly observant, direct and critical towards others but cuts himself slack. The key thing here is that he is a hyprocrite when it comes to himself.

Btw the guy at 3:02 mark is how I imagine INFPs to be. He looks like a hipsterish guy.

What if everyone had their own Larry David - Late Night Show

Another thread about his type can be found here if anyone is interested.
https://www.typologycentral.com/threads/larry-david.22230/