• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
No, he can come back. Better him to use as a punching bag after work than my dog or a dear friend.

You punch your dog? I suppose that we may add savagery to the list of ESFP traits in addition to stunted cognitive ability.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, you are nothing but a troll. In a way, I feel sorry for you. Your life must really suck... But you are an insufferable troll. For that I hope you are banned permanently.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is that? I have done nothing else other than offer my keen insight.

He's right. It's the battle of the INTJ "Keen Insight" vs. ESFP "Perpetual Wit" ;)
Packed with entertainment value at no cost to you!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You punch your dog? I suppose that we may add savagery to the list of ESFP traits in addition to stunted cognitive ability.

Sure!! Savagery.. Yea, that's a good one. I don't think that's ESFP though... I think that's just me. You can leave the others out of the "savagery" label.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
No, you are nothing but a troll. In a way, I feel sorry for you. Your life must really suck... But you are an insufferable troll. For that I hope you are banned permanently.

I assure you that my intention is not to troll. That is simply the interpretation of those who dislike my views. I understand and concede that for the majority of individuals my social outlook has no place within their limited mental realms.

Now, I suggest that your "group" offer a substantial argument in favor of ESFP intelligence or at the very least plausibly contradict my own. In any case, I do not expect results.

Last edited:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I assure you that my intention is not to troll. That is simply the interpretation of those who dislike my views. I understand that and concede that for the majority of individuals my social outlook has no place in their limited mental realm.

Now, I suggest that your "group" offer a substantial argument in favor of ESFP intelligence or at the very least plausibly contradict my own. In any case, I do not expect results.

Okay, But first! Tell "our group" exactly how you think intelligence should be practiced, and how you practice intelligence in your daily life.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What wit? Pretension is not a form of wit.

Laughable.

You're right. Just like making an argument in the form of simply insulting people with no examples, no references, and literally no information whatsoever is not a form of "Keen insight"

Hence, "Keen Insight"

rather than keen insight.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, But first! Tell "our group" exactly how you think intelligence should be practiced, and how you practice intelligence in your daily life.

As I have already stated, one cannot "practice" intelligence; however, in terms of utilizing raw cognitive ability, I believe that respecting intelligence comes first and foremost. ESFPs and other imbeciles lack respect for intelligence, which results in an inability to connect to abstract problems, to reason, indifference to important realities of existence, and most of all a degenerative state.

However, I have never claimed that all ESFPs must be idiots, only that the ESFP personality lends itself toward stupidity. Personality is the software that governs intellectual hardware, and for ESFPs, this software is sorely corrupted, resulting in a personality type whose only real purpose is to serve as entertainment for greater minds.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Have you even read the thread? ESFP intelligence has been confirmed over and over, and overall stupidity totally busted. If you have an argument against ESFP intelligence that has not been busted, it is probably only because you are totally twisting the definition of 'intelligence' or 'ESFP,' which happens so often.

(Edit: it looks like you are slightly twisting both.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I have already stated, one cannot "practice" intelligence; however, in terms of utilizing raw cognitive ability, I believe that respecting intelligence comes first and foremost. ESFPs and other imbeciles lack respect for intelligence, which results in an inability to connect to abstract problems, to reason, indifference to important realities of existence, and most of all a degenerative state.

However, I have never claimed that all ESFPs must be idiots, only that the ESFP personality lends itself toward stupidity. Personality is the software that governs intellectual hardware, and for ESFPs, this software is sorely corrupted, resulting in a personality type whose only real purpose is to serve as entertainment for greater minds.

Yep, got all that helpful info earlier in the thread. The question was, how do you practice intelligence? Not how do ESFP's practice intelligence? In more blunt terms. SHOW or DESCRIBE your own superior intelligence without mentioning ESFP's.

(and also without saying "I respect intelligence, therefore I am intelligent." We got that too.)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
These days I pretty much only read the SP section of this forum, but someone sent me a rep for an old post in this thread, so I re-read it..

This thread kind of reminds me of a philosophy class I took once... (Had to) A whole bunch of people really really into the class, reading every detail and note of every book and leaving their hands raised constantly. (Not to say anything of their intelligence, they just found it interesting, which is fine.) However, I'm sitting there skimming the book, reading a few pages of every chapter... Come test time I'm getting the A+ and the comments "I'm going to make an example of your test! Your thought process is amazing! How did you come up with this??" (They were essay/free writing tests.) While other people were pouting and going "That test was so hard. I got a C." THAT is problem solving, making connections, and adjusting to situations on my part. (Especially for someone who hates the topic and never wants to see those books ever again.)

I read this and laughed because it sounds exactly like my experience with sociology class. I absolutely despised that class for its stereotype-perpetuating garbage, but the facts of it were very easy to memorize. I made an A in the class, including a perfect 100 on the final, meanwhile others in the class who were planning on majoring in sociology made C's! I think I might have glanced at the material once in studying for the final, in between sessions of playing Mortal Kombat. ;)

God knows where we would be without all the SP's and SJ's of society, they know how to get shit done. A hug of appreciation for all you SJ's and SP's out there :hug:

And the same to you. :hug:

G

garbage

Guys, I hope it's okay to have intentionally made this thread more entertaining by baiting someone into replying and paying attention to it

theoretically

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rofl1:

It's totally okay by me..... but I'm a bit biased (theoretically)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I may theoretically actually be enjoying this in some secret way. I guess I could theoretically be grateful for the return of entertainment value to this thread.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gee whiz, who on earth gave this thread five stars?? Arguing with 15 year old INFP's who are insecure about their identity is NOT FUNNY....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
YES IT IS! DON'T LIE!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
YES IT IS! DON'T LIE!

No it's not, that poor child's identity has been torn to pieces! I sure hope he has a lot of space in his diary to write about it.

It wasn't you who rated this thread five stars, was it??