• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I simply reminded him that his argument had flaws and pointed out what they were... this thread needs to die because I'm really tired of people using personality type as a rationale for deciding that someone else is inadequate in some way :sick:

intolerant people need to have the flaws in their logic pointed out to them before they become old enough to vote :)
Well, many 15 year olds these days. Hmmmm, they like to adhere to nonconformist standards. Not sure that would point to a good mindset to vote either way.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There's nothing wrong with adhering to non-conformist standards.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was trying to make a point that most 15 year olds are little shits but they usually grow out of it.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You guys who are talking about him like he's precious etc. are really making yourselves look worse in his eyes than we are, I can almost guarentee you that.

No fifteen year old wants to be talked about in the way you guys are doing. You're the ones alienating him.

I see this a lot, including IRL.

This too :yes:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Off-topic: I didn't know so many people accepted at "face value" that others are exactly who they say they are in their online profiles. :wacko: Either way, measured responses are usually defensible.

On-topic: The ESFP stupid myth is exactly that. My real life experience and whipsmart ESFP friend support my opinion.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mythbusters_busted_spray.png

:biggrin:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's nothing wrong with adhering to non-conformist standards.
Sure. Except if they vote for the most voted, they'd be adhering to conformism. Otherwise they'd never get a winning vote.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why should anyone vote for the person most-voted-for? People should vote for whomever they agree with.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
screw voting, kill every other candidate except for the one you support, though I suppose in a way that is voting.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know from experience that people who get the highest grades in my school are among the dumbest, most narrow minded people I've ever met. Unfunny, rude, intellectually incurious, lacking in self-awareness, overly serious, stupid sheep incapable of any sort of independent thinking whatsoever. Their only skill is the ability to do what the teacher tells them to without question. Basically, not "intelligent" in any way.

I mean this in the most constructive way, but are you familiar with the concept of projection?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why should anyone vote for the person most-voted-for? People should vote for whomever they agree with.
Of course, but does an absolute non-conformist ever agree with the majority? If they did they'd be more conformist wouldn't they? So they'd always vote for that losing team.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
As far as I see, this thread has vacillated from superior INTJ arguments to inferior reactionary responses by the other types. This thread holds no more value, as I have debunked the ESFP intelligence myth long ago.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As far as I see, this thread has vacillated from superior INTJ arguments to inferior reactionary responses by the other types. This thread holds no more value, as I have debunked the ESFP intelligence myth long ago.
I'm sure you did. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course, but does an absolute non-conformist ever agree with the majority? If they did they'd be more conformist wouldn't they? So they'd always vote for that losing team.

No, an absolute non-conformist doesn't just play devil's advocate and automatically oppose everyone...they just do what they feel is right as an individual, and may rebel against the mainstream if they find it undesirable.

I think it's damaging to presume that 18 year old non-conformists just vote for whoever is different just to be difficult.

The more you talk, the more I think I respect teenagers more than you do.

Oh the irony.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really tired at the moment and might have missed it, but are we sure he's 15 or is it just an assumption? Did he say so himself?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, an absolute non-conformist doesn't just play devil's advocate and automatically oppose everyone...they just do what they feel is right as an individual, and may rebel against the mainstream if they find it undesirable.

I think it's damaging to presume that 18 year old non-conformists just vote for whoever is different just to be difficult.

The more you talk, the more I think I respect teenagers more than you do.

Oh the irony.
So someone who thinks what the mainstream is doing is desirable and feel it is right can be an absolute nonconformist? Hmmm, not by the definition. Where "a person whose behavior or views do not conform to prevailing ideas or practice" is what it states.

Don't assume my presumption. I think they're set to a more serious mindset and generally understand the things going on. More likely to not think of conforming or nonconforming to the general thought process and therefore more set to choose what they wish as best.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A person whose views who do not conform to prevailing ideas or practice =/= someone who just rebels for the sake of rebelling.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm really tired at the moment and might have missed it, but are we sure he's 15 or is it just an assumption? Did he say so himself?

1) If you go to his profile under the "About Me" section it says Age: 15
2) http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44704&p=1498867#post1498867 In this post he states "I'm 15"
3) http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35455&p=1499834#post1499834 In this post he appears to be listing his own age, as well.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A person whose views who do not conform to prevailing ideas or practice =/= someone who just rebels for the sake of rebelling.
But I never said they are rebelling for the sake of rebelling. I went with the definition.