• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
If this post wasn't so ignorant and offensive, I'd say that it's ridiculously laughable.

It's "offensive", really? What the fuck does that mean? It's not "offensive", you're offended because you're mentally weak. Something can't be "offensive" in and of itself. This kind shit pisses me off to no end.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Perch420: Being a doctor does require a high level of intelligence, not just for the sheer amount of information needed for the profession but also the ability to discover certain illnesses via the symptoms they leave. And guess what? ESFP's and INTP's are both capable at exelling withing that profession.

It's "offensive", really? What the fuck does that mean? It's not "offensive", you're offended because you're mentally weak. Something can't be "offensive" in and of itself. This kind shit pisses me off to no end.

Oh jesus fucking christ, its a blataently wrong generalization that you pulled from your ass, anlmost anyone would find it offensive. But no, don't ever come to the conclusion that you're wrong Perch420, just continue trolling with bad insults and you'll be banned in no time at all.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the real offense here is that the "intj" is using horribly faulty logic here (there's seriously a TON of holes in his argument, starting with the complete inaccuracy of self reporting tests!) and incredibly narrow minded thinking (there is only ONE way!!!) and then he has the gall to bitch about other people being idiots? hypocricy is SUCH an unappealing personality trait :coffee:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

:laugh: It means that not everyone is like you, is what it means. I know, a difficult concept to understand.. that your way is not the only way. It can be frustrating, but I'm sure you'll come to understand it one day.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: It means that not everyone is like you, is what it means. I know, a difficult concept to understand.. that your way is not the only way. It can be frustrating, but I'm sure you'll come to understand it one day.

... like maybe when he's old enough to get a driver's license... or when he graduates high school :whistling:

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
@Perch420: Being a doctor does require a high level of intelligence, not just for the sheer amount of information needed for the profession but also the ability to discover certain illnesses via the symptoms they leave. And guess what? ESFP's and INTP's are both capable at exelling withing that profession.

Oh jesus fucking christ, its a blataently wrong generalization that you pulled from your ass, anlmost anyone would find it offensive. But no, don't ever come to the conclusion that you're wrong Perch420, just continue trolling with bad insults and you'll be banned in no time at all.

When confronted with a new symptom, the ESFP searches its database for basic facts and makes decisions based on that basis. The INTJ, on the other hand, synthesizes those same "basic facts" into an abstract field of ideas and comes up with totally new ways of solving problems, which, I might add, are then written down for the ESFPs to memorize and use as directed.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Platypus have not contributed anything of value to society.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

ThatGirl

If I didn't know better I would swear redscorpion and perch were friends.

I am surprised they didn't hang out more.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Platypus have not contributed anything of value to society.

Troll much?

If you're not trolling and you really believe that, you've got some problems, dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Now you're just trolling. Have fun with the mods. :coffee:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Perch420
When confronted with a new symptom, the ESFP searches its database for basic facts and makes decisions based on that basis. The INTJ, on the other hand, synthesizes those same "basic facts" into an abstract field of ideas and comes up with totally new ways of solving problems, which, I might add, are then written down for the ESFPs to memorize and use as directed.

This is nonsensical crap.

ESFPs and ESFJs have not contributed anything of value to society.

Tell that to my ESFP/ESFJ sister who is a straight A honor student/participates in many other activities/ desires to be either a graphic designer/drawer or meteorlogist.

Savage Idealist / intelligent ENFP: 1

Perch420 / immature troll: 0

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Do you even know what trolling is? The official definition is to pretend to have a controversial opinion to provoke a response. I'm not doing that at all. Not everything that you disagree with is a "troll".

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, so you're just unwell. By calling you a troll I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok fine then, your not a troll Perch420, I was wrong for calling you that.

You're an asshole.

Last edited:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The description you posted states that ESFP's tend to avoid theoretical thinking, and don't like classroom learning which says nothing about inborn intellectual ability. The IQ test that a lot of people here tend to refer to is about ability to learn, adjust to different scenarios and problems, and have the ability to solve those problems. There's no "deep" philosophical thinking involved, only quick and simple problem solving. So, one can be a stereotypical ESFP- someone who hates school, scoffs at the idea of opening a philosophy or physics book, and just wants to just go to the beach all day long and still have those adjusting and problem solving abilities (greater than that of any stereotypical INTJ,). Smart ESFP's can dance cicles around schools, never show up for class, spend all night partying and still get straight A's.(Because if you're intelligent, you've probably found out how to do so. ) It's not an ESFP's perogative to hang around with books, they want to be around people and excitement. That's what the description is saying. You can keep your nose in a book all day but inborn intelligence is inborn intelligence, it's not changing. "ESFP's don't like to theorize so they are dumb" is just a wall to hide behind so that some of you can say... "Well I like to theorize! I like going to class. That's something I can do all day to avoid life experience. That must make me smart, unlike an ESFP." Think again. I'd like to see half of you sitting next to my empty seat in class, (or doodling and snoozing self) and take bets about who's going to get the better grade. I'm pretty sure that most of my former classmates would have still put their money on me.

ESFP's hate school, books, and theorizing. Intelligence is a whole other thing.

:worthy:

Thank you for your perspective, shortnsweet

This is replete with logical inconsistency. Your understanding of the definitions of both function preference and intelligence are inaccurate. Plus, the scope evident in the data-gathering component of your analysis is very narrow and shallow at best. Therefore, your conclusions are in error.

:yes: If Perch was right about type being about strengths and weaknesses, I would take away his aux-Ti card for this. Luckily for him, he isn't correct ;)

Intelligence is, again, abstract creative thinking, which the ESFP, by definition, is incapable of doing at an above-average level. You or any other ESFP that gets good grades isn't intelligent, they are simply capable of absorbing information and regurgitating it. Again, this is not intelligence, just rote memorization ability.

If only college was simply about spitting out information.... you are doomed to fail higher learning if you aren't capable of abstract creative thinking.

So, no.

But I understand that this is outside your area of expertise since you are most likely not in college yet. Not your fault or anything, just something for you to think about...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does this give them the disability to do the same as what INTJs do? Does it mean if they go by the INTJ thought process they would be weak at it?
Someone who learns computer science for 3 years because he naturally loves it but reached the level of 'decent'. Then someone who has no interest in computer science but takes him one year to be at 'professional' level. Sure, INTJs may have practiced plenty but even INTJs can lack talent at it more than ESFPs who may practice bits and be at a higher level of intelligence than an INTJ.

Organise your thoughts and properly distinct the different variables!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by kyuuie
Savage: What is more incredible is his lack of appreciation for memorization. It is a difficult thing to memorize large sums of information accurately and be able to use it effectively. There are creative, abstract ways of memorizing gobs of information so that it can be effectively wielded and utilized in situations necessary.

I know that for sure, like memorization for me is usually fairly difficult and I tend to forget things quite easily. Yet I've known others (of varies personlities) who were great with memorizing information, so I do not think it is type related at all.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
This is nonsensical crap.

Tell that to my ESFP/ESFJ sister who is a straight A honor student/participates in many other activities/ desires to be either a graphic designer/drawer or meteorlogist.

Savage Idealist / intelligent ENFP: 1

Perch420 / immature troll: 0

Grades have very little to do with intelligence, for the third fucking time.

When I said that ESFJs and ESFPs haven't contributed anything to society, I didn't mean that they were worthless completely. I meant that, if it is true that "ESFPs can be the smartest people in the world", then where are all the ESFP mathematicians and physicists? Were they just "uninterested" in pursuing such subjects even though they were capable? No, the answer is this; ESFPs are by definition incapable of creative thinking. That's the point I was trying to make, not that they should be euthanized or anything like that.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
your argument carries no weight if you can't prove that you're even working with viable data :rolli:

if you would like for me to break this down to something simpler for you I can see what MS paint can handle as far as illustrations go :)