• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

average joe 7

MBTI Type
esfp
also ive scored enfp a few times but most of the time esfp i totally agree the smarter the more n you get and ive never been know to be reckless or dangerous sure i love to do wreckless or dangerous things for the thrill but i dont get too out of hand to get hurt or hurt others either the tests definitely not completely accurate but gives you a better understanding of self and why you do things you do or could show you strengths or talents you could better

average joe 7

MBTI Type
esfp
I am a esfp and to say were confined or stuid is complete bullshit. Out of all of my friends they view me as the deepest out of all of them more spiritually connected to God and think past the average point more then any of them. I continously abstract thikn sometimes so much where i am lost in imagination i could care less about stupid shallow things im a emotional passionate person i love music i write music i love people and nature i love the beauty of the world and im also analytical im smart about people although i do not do well in school cause im usually thinking about things too much to pay attention dont get me wrong i love being in the present moment its beautiful just be in the action with nothing on your mind but it doesnt mean i dont love to use my imagination as well

also i know many more introveerts who act more childlike and foolish hten i do and its fun to be childish taking life to seriously is pointless you really let out the real you your real subconscious at least for me without thinking and just doing being in the moment completely all the characters things in the unconscious subconscious mind come out of you youd never have noticed acting on impulse is complete freedom sure i could plan things out but we just dont think before speaking or doing things sometimes i do sometimes i dont depends on how i feel or the situation that doesnt really make a person stupid its just what they prefer

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am a esfp and to say were confined or stuid is complete bullshit. Out of all of my friends they view me as the deepest out of all of them more spiritually connected to God and think past the average point more then any of them. I continously abstract thikn sometimes so much where i am lost in imagination i could care less about stupid shallow things im a emotional passionate person i love music i write music i love people and nature i love the beauty of the world and im also analytical im smart about people although i do not do well in school cause im usually thinking about things too much to pay attention dont get me wrong i love being in the present moment its beautiful just be in the action with nothing on your mind but it doesnt mean i dont love to use my imagination as well

also i know many more introveerts who act more childlike and foolish hten i do and its fun to be childish taking life to seriously is pointless you really let out the real you your real subconscious at least for me without thinking and just doing being in the moment completely all the characters things in the unconscious subconscious mind come out of you youd never have noticed acting on impulse is complete freedom sure i could plan things out but we just dont think before speaking or doing things sometimes i do sometimes i dont depends on how i feel or the situation that doesnt really make a person stupid its just what they prefer

Read, "run-on sentence."

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Many ESFPs in real life I know are pretty stupid, but they're also the personality type I'm least likely to get along with. ESFPs are I think, one of the easiest personalities to make into comical stupidity as entertainment. At their worst, they become childish, hypocritical, and careless about anyone's needs but their own, which can be pretty funny. Some also don't really fucking listen because they're so self-absorbed.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
ESFPs know things that many other people won't understand. It's a matter of perception. People think people are 'intelligent' based on test/results set by certain people.

Intelligence can't be measured. Everyone's brain is different. There's no standard to measure it from.

So to say ESFPs are stupid, shame on you. Because I'm sure you won't know everything an ESFP does. So that means they ain't 'stupid'. Just not into things that you're into.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, everyone's brain is different, but that does not invalidate the ability to objectively measure its capacity for cognition, otherwise known as intelligence. If one person can perform mental math better than another, or move an object in their head, or catch the nuances of a conversation or message, etc. that person can be said to perform better at some measure of intelligence than another.

What things do ESFPs know that "other people won't understand"? To me that frankly sounds like a weak-ass cop out.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
ESFP are a great source of entertainment and good cheer and frankly, that's more valuable than what most people have to offer.

G

garbage

If your definition of ESFP--consciously or not--includes stupidity as a trait, then.. well, congratulations; you're working from a tautology when you state that ESFPs are stupid. As a result, you will have added no useful information or reasoning to anything.

Frankly, I wish someone would lock the fucker.

Pro: this thread would go away and hopefully so would some of the spreading of misinformation
Con: no more Maury-level entertainment

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP are a great source of entertainment and good cheer and frankly, that's more valuable than what most people have to offer.

agreed. having good people skills is just as important as the NT brand of intelligence to me. and i don't think my ESFP boyfriend is unintelligent, i just don't think he's an intellectual and there's a difference. he's much smarter than me in a lot of areas.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My ESFP sister isn't book smart, but she's a deep information reserve on people and relationships. That's not something that will come automatically or easily for most Ts and even some Fs.

Unless you plan on marrying your right hand, you better respect what this type brings to the table. Your GPA's not going to get you laid.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unless you plan on marrying your right hand, you better respect what this type brings to the table. Your GPA's not going to get you herpes.
FYP.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I've already stated it, but in my not so humble opinion, ESFP "intelligence" is not intelligence. Interpersonal relationship skills may be objectively acquired, as is evident by the "mask of sanity" adopted by psychopathic serial killers, who understand social mores, understand proper social etiquette, but have no, or little, empathy. Therefore, having "people skills" is not necessarily a sign of intelligence, only concern.

If you wish to point out certain character traits you find desirable in an ESFP, that is a different matter, but don't conflate interpersonal skills with intelligence.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*insert necissary penis joke here... I'm possibly too dumb to communicate otherwise*

:cheese:

yes... YOUR OPINION... those are the essential words there... despite your being an INTJ, nobody died and made you God :)

and you have some pretty fucking narrow definitions that you espouse above as well... where's your apparent N mental flexibility now? ;)

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
My N is balanced by my TJ. One needs to be able to sift through the garbage and find the gems. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you're so picky you'd throw out the rubies and sapphires in search of diamonds, not realizing that they're gemstones as well :rolli:

let me just ask you a simple question- do you think that you are more intelligent than I am because you are an N and I am an S? :huh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
come on Lex, just reply with a big resounding YES like I know you want to...

... it'll be a good illustration of the saying "as a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly!" :holy:

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
you're so picky you'd throw out the rubies and sapphires in search of diamonds, not realizing that they're gemstones as well :rolli:

let me just ask you a simple question- do you think that you are more intelligent than I am because you are an N and I am an S? :huh:

Well, no, I do not think I am more intelligent than you solely because I am intuitive, or even introverted and judging. These functions are not the end (intelligence, in this case) in and of themselves, but means to an end. This means allows me to view the world, process information, and act out in a manner which is considered by most to be "intelligent." It is somewhat problematic because one must differentiate between raw cognitive power (i.e. IQ) and the ability to utilize that power, which is closely tied to your personality and, in circular fashion, IQ. Therefore, it is clear that IQ and personality are related, and I believe empirical evidence proves this, as one trip down to your local university research department will show a disproportionate amount of NT scientists, especially professors, of the INTJ/INTP variety.

Again, the topic is whether ESFPs are a type which is, or exhibits, "stupid" traits, and not about ESFP qualities you find redeeming.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A. you canceled out your first statement with those following it

B. so I can't use the "raw cognitive power" which I posess? :huh:

C. You still fail to take into account the fact that personality tests have a self reporting bias and that people who are intellectually arrogant are more likely to answer questions in a manner that they consider to be more like the manners of higher education, whether this is true or not. A set of 4 little letters might describe the manners in which a person feels more comfortable interacting and expressing themselves and processing things, but it has NOTHING to do with someone's level of intelligence in any way, shape or form :rolli:

You use the MBTI much in the same manner in which the Nazis tended to use genetics for goodness sake, only MBTI is signifigantly less scientific.

You're what... 20 years old? Have you actually left school and experienced what being a grown up is about yet? :huh: Your perspectives are very narrow and not particularly well educated... I'm going to take a wild guess that you aren't studying stats or survey design either, or you'd see that the system on which you're basing your "logic" is very flawed. Of course you're going to consistantly test as an INTJ because you consider yourself to be intelligent and consider INTJs to be the most intelligent- whether it's done intentionally or subconsciously...

People are pretty dumb, people who don't see obvious flaws and then go around putting others down because of it are especially dumb :rolli:

now there, you just got lectured by a former National Merit Scholar who speaks like a valley girl and reads social science journals for fun :nono: