• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
So what? I believe in staying physically fit myself. However, physical fitness is not correlated with intelligence.

But it might be correlated with excellence. Striving to reach one's full capacity.

Unless you think are perfect, you don't strive to reach your full potential in every single thing. People have preferences. You don't care about being magnanimous or open minded from your posts in this thread, for example.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
But it might be correlated with excellence. Striving to reach one's full capacity.

Unless you think are perfect, you don't strive to reach your full potential in every single thing. People have preferences. You don't care about being magnanimous or open minded from your posts in this thread, for example.

Well, it depends on how one goes about it. If one strives to reach his full (encompassing all facets of himself) capacity, then I can respect that. With your previous post, however, I received the impression that you were only referring to one specific characteristic, which was physical fitness.

Of course one cannot reach his full potential in every aspect, but the desire and strive are what is equally important.

Nevertheless, this has nothing to do with ESFPs being predisposed to stupidity.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, it depends on how one goes about it. If one strives to reach his full (encompassing all facets of himself) capacity, then I can respect that. With your previous post, however, I received the impression that you were only referring to one specific characteristic, which was physical fitness.

I was. I'm asking, do you respect yourself? Do you strive to reach your full capacity in all things?

Of course one cannot reach his full potential in every aspect, but the desire and strive are what is equally important.

Yep. How about start trying to be a little nicer? Capacity overflow?

Nevertheless, this has nothing to do with ESFPs being predisposed to stupidity.

It has to do with people's predisposition to have preferences. Things they are more inclined to naturally strive to be good at it. Like NTs and intellectual pursuits. Like NFs and relationships with other people. etc

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't flatter yourself. I don't care to waste time arguing with simpletons, especially of the traitorous kind.

lol @ Edgar being "traitorous" for calling out another INTJ on his bullshit. As if some sort of sort unspoken moral alliance has to occur between people who share the same Myers-Briggs type. Good work, tertiary Fi. :rofl1:

also lol @ everyone who doesn't immediately agree with all of Lex's utter nonsense being labeled a "simpleton" or "cretin." You can pluck all the synonyms for "idiot" from a thesaurus that you want, but it's not going to make your faulty reasoning any better.

This thread is hysterical, and Lex is the most hypocritically retarded n00b we've had since SUPER.

Lex, do you have any idea how stereotypically childish INTJ you sound? You think the ideas you're offering in this thread are somehow unique or original? You think we haven't heard this exact same ignorant bullshit from childish/undeveloped INTJs before?

Don't flatter yourself, buddy. You're like the kid from Alabama who shows up on day one of college philosophy and tells everyone they're all going to Hell for not accepting Christ as their lord and savior. Like the philosophy class, we've heard everything you have to say from similarly immature INTJs so many times that you're acting out a cliched stereotype--and worse yet, you don't even realize it. You're so intent on believing that your ideas are novel and original that you don't realize every other self-enlightened 20 year old INTJ on the planet has already gone through this phase and said everything you're saying now.

The worst thing about dumb INTJs is the way they'll cling religiously to their image of themselves as smarter and more original than everyone else, no matter how increasingly evident it becomes that they're way off the mark.

I'd give up the whole typology thing and just make yourself a nice tin foil hat, pronto.

G

Ginkgo

I hope these statements are just for "teh lulz." Because if you really do believe this shit, you're quite the retard.

And yes, feel free to add me to your fearsome shit list. God knows I've had more competent enemies than those who believed that a Myers Briggs type gave them special powers.

This ESFP thinks so too!

superhero.jpg

Maybe him and Lex can be best friends forever?

KDude

^if i'm really an esfp, i must quell those type of stereotypes :laugh:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol @ Edgar being "traitorous" for calling out another INTJ on his bullshit. As if some sort of sort unspoken moral alliance has to occur between people who share the same Myers-Briggs type.

I FIGHT FOR ME!

rockyiv-drago-ifightforme.png

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ok... I wasn't even aware there was such a myth... HAHAHA So does that make me an ESFP (J/k)?

Note

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
5w4
What's the picture in Lex Latonis' avatar?

KDude

NAZI's? /goes for the obvious

I know he just likes the uniform though. :D A lot of people don't know this, but Hugo Boss designed many of their uniforms. Pretty stylish bunch of assholes actually....

Note

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yep, it's nazis. He reminds me of a few internet nazis I've met on youtube and elsewhere; incredibly close-minded, arrogant, and obnoxious. I saw an MBTI poll on Stormfront and almost everyone was an INTJ. Maybe it was just internet demographics at work... on a communist forum the results were almost all INTPs, some INTJs and ENTPs, but still

KDude

huh. i wonder what the appeal is about being a cyber nazi. i mean, out of all the things to choose to be, that's kind of weak. if i were going for evil, i'd at least be a kiddie murdering circus clown or something. those guys get shit done. otoh not sure what cyber nazi does to anyone. typing "I'm better than you" on the internet just doesn't really have the kind of menace i can admire in my own sick way.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
lol @ Edgar being "traitorous" for calling out another INTJ on his bullshit. As if some sort of sort unspoken moral alliance has to occur between people who share the same Myers-Briggs type. Good work, tertiary Fi. :rofl1:

also lol @ everyone who doesn't immediately agree with all of Lex's utter nonsense being labeled a "simpleton" or "cretin." You can pluck all the synonyms for "idiot" from a thesaurus that you want, but it's not going to make your faulty reasoning any better.

This thread is hysterical, and Lex is the most hypocritically retarded n00b we've had since SUPER.

Lex, do you have any idea how stereotypically childish INTJ you sound? You think the ideas you're offering in this thread are somehow unique or original? You think we haven't heard this exact same ignorant bullshit from childish/undeveloped INTJs before?

Don't flatter yourself, buddy. You're like the kid from Alabama who shows up on day one of college philosophy and tells everyone they're all going to Hell for not accepting Christ as their lord and savior. Like the philosophy class, we've heard everything you have to say from similarly immature INTJs so many times that you're acting out a cliched stereotype--and worse yet, you don't even realize it. You're so intent on believing that your ideas are novel and original that you don't realize every other self-enlightened 20 year old INTJ on the planet has already gone through this phase and said everything you're saying now.

The worst thing about dumb INTJs is the way they'll cling religiously to their image of themselves as smarter and more original than everyone else, no matter how increasingly evident it becomes that they're way off the mark.

I'd give up the whole typology thing and just make yourself a nice tin foil hat, pronto.

I don't care about whether or not what I'm stating is "original" or even "cliche."

The fact of the matter when it comes to these "immature" INTJs is this: INTJ comes on forum and makes a good point, but one that excludes many types (or anything that upsets their view of the world.) Other types dislike it, and proceed to raise a tantrum, labeling said INTJ as "ignorant" and "immature." The longer the INTJ continues the struggle, the more intense the vituperative commentary becomes. Lastly, the entire thread becomes bogged down by ad hominem in an effort to drown out INTJ's argument.

I know perfectly well what "category" of INTJ you would place me in, and I also know the bullshit involved with the entire process. You think I am cliche? The reaction of the majority on this thread is cliche, pathetic, and tiresome.

If we aren't going to differentiate between types, there's little reason to have a typology test.

Note

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
5w4
Can you answer the question about your avatar?