• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being able to discriminate and recognize real patterns is a sign of intelligence. Being able to recognize patterns, regardless if there is an underlying force behind them, is also a sign of intelligence.

Imagining patterns where none exist is a sign of stupidity, especially when those patterns involve extremely implausible circumstances.

No, I meant that your comment reeked of the typical leftist nonsense; this comment simply serves to supplement my original remark.

Wow, INTJ thinks I'm a leftist. Go figure. I'm actually pretty moderate on most political issues, but I guess in INTJ-delusion land everything we don't like is automatically termed "leftist."

It is perfectly natural. Babies recognize differences very early in life, and humans naturally gravitate toward that which is most like themselves.

Even Babies Discriminate: A NurtureShock Excerpt. - Newsweek.com

Deluded social experiments that seek to mold people in the way their inane theorists want them to be is not natural.

Recognizing differences is natural and normal. Presuming other negative and unrelated characteristics in a given individual based on those differences is prejudice.

So while it's perfectly normal to notice differences between groups, it's not normal or reasonable to assume that everyone in x demographic possesses y negative trait. This is the kind of crap you get from dumb INTJs.

The problem is, that even if Dale was an INTJ, he would clearly be a fringe exception. Yes, I would consider his actions and behaviors idiotic, and revealing of a latent stupidity, but he remains intelligent in a way that most ESFPs aren't: he shows ingenuity, concern for abstract reality, and has a vast amount of processing power to utilize his acquired knowledge.

That's true--and most ESFPs remain intelligent in numerous ways that most INTJs aren't. There's more than one kind of intelligence, get it?

Dale is quite irrational, which seems unlikely to me if his Te was developed enough to be a pure INTJ. Dale is also a caricature of the "paranoid conspiracy nut," and as such, I take his personality at face value and nothing more. I don't know of any "conspiracy nuts" in real life, only drug addicts or on television.

I don't suppose it occurred to you that paranoid conspiracy nuts are quite often INTJs? There's a reason they're stereotyped that way.

Pattern recognition is not limited to Ni, nor is believing in "conspiracies." Go to any conspiracy website and you will notice that the vast majority of contributors are NTs of all types; but wait, so is most of the internet!

Intellect is what "NTs are good at." I apologize if this comes as a surprise or shatters your saccharine view of the world.

Your view of intelligence is limited to the kind of intelligence you see in yourself and others like you. And being an NT myself, I hardly see how accepting your erroneous position that NTs are roundly more intelligent than everyone else would be threatening to my self-image.

NTs are good at one particular kind of intelligence; that is, the NT kind. Your view marginalizes other forms of intelligence (such as sensory/tactile or emotional intelligence) as meaningless, which is not the case.

Although, it does fit conveniently into your INTJ-supremacist worldview, so carry on.

"Left-ophobia"? I don't fear leftists, only call them out on their bullsh*t.

And yet you've already decided I'm a leftist based on...nothing.

As for "ubiquitous" belief in conspiracy theories, this is your stupid (ENTP) assertion with little basis in anything other than your limited (ENTP) head.

Oh, I forgot. I'm not an INTJ, so I'm stupid.

I don't see the irony. Dale Gribble is fictional and nobody I have ever met fit into his profile. Not even the most driven "conspiracy theorist."

The irony is that your far rightist, INTJ-supremacist ignorance as to the multi-faceted nature of intelligence falls exactly in line with typical stereotypes about moronic INTJs.

Even other INTJs in this thread are calling you out on this. It's ironic because you fit the conspiracy theory nut stereotype so well:

--INTJ
--Far rightist
--Believe that non-NT forms of intelligence aren't real intelligence
--Have a lot more in common with Dale Gribble than you realize.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmmm. You surprise me with your ideologies.

You don't know my ideologies.

Do you sincerely believe that ESFPs have a lack of intellectual capability?

Most of them, yes. All of them, no.

Do you judge their minds according to the face value projection that they project towards you?

Clearly not. Read all of my posts on this thread (there are over 35.)

Do you perceive them in a certain way and not count that the assumptions you get from your perceptions could be false?

I don't just eject the first thought that enters my mind. I take the time to analyze and assess incoming information. The answer to this question is no.

Do you not like how they project themselves and cloud it with the belief that they are unintelligent?

No, I don't like the way most ESFPs present themselves. Presentation is guided by the mind, like every action, and is therefore controlled in part by intelligence. I don't mean what preferences they have in terms of clothing or music, but their actual presentation (i.e. how they deal with the world.)

Have you seen inside the mind of an ESFP?

I have not. Have you?

ESFPs do not project with their minds.

No, they do not, which is why we're having this debate.

They project with their senses.

So do ISTJs; I have never considered ISTJs stupid, only limited in certain areas.

So it is unlikely that one would detect the intellectual capability of their minds.

Every action is governed by the mind, as are, of course, all expressions and thoughts.

Unless of course you are talking about the frequency of use of the mind over senses instead of quality of use.

I am, and this is something you would know if you had bothered to read my posts thoroughly.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've noticed a trend in television sitcoms for "stupid" characters to be ESFPs.
Notably, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Joey Tribbiani and Kelly Bundy.

Kelly Bundy was actually really smart when she let her "mind go blank".

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can't believe this crap is still going on.

Well maybe if you stopped bumping the thread with your inane comments the thread would have faded into obscurity by now.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Your post is so typical of ENTPs in its hypocritical presumptiveness and ill-begotten logic that I am honestly tempted to open up a thread examining why ENTPs are the most unworthy rationals.

Imagining patterns where none exist is a sign of stupidity, especially when those patterns involve extremely implausible circumstances.

No, you have it wrong. Nobody is "imagining" patterns, they are seeing them.

Wow, INTJ thinks I'm a leftist. Go figure. I'm actually pretty moderate on most political issues, but I guess in INTJ-delusion land everything we don't like is automatically termed "leftist."

No, your cliche and ultimately redundant calls for disparaging generalization is a notable characteristic of the left. It's entirely PC, and ultimately Marxist.

Your actual political position is not my concern.

Recognizing differences is natural and normal. Presuming other negative and unrelated characteristics in a given individual based on those differences is prejudice.

So while it's perfectly normal to notice differences between groups, it's not normal or reasonable to assume that everyone in x demographic possesses y negative trait. This is the kind of crap you get from dumb INTJs.

You see? There is that classic ENTP misconstruction.

I do not "assume" that everyone in "x demographic" possesses "y negative" trait, but I do recognize (and anybody who studies and understands statistics does) that "y negative" trait may be correlated to "x demographic."

This is the problem with your line of thought: you see y negative trait in population x, but refuse to recognize that y negative trait is a characteristic of population x, and so you place your head in the sand.

Using your logic, you would enter a lion pride without hesitation because you couldn't possibly generalize the lions; after all, some of them may be peaceful and cuddly little kitties. :rolleyes:

That's true--and most ESFPs remain intelligent in numerous ways that most INTJs aren't. There's more than one kind of intelligence, get it?

That is contingent on how you define intelligence.

I don't suppose it occurred to you that paranoid conspiracy nuts are quite often INTJs? There's a reason they're stereotyped that way.

Your view of intelligence is limited to the kind of intelligence you see in yourself and others like you. And being an NT myself, I hardly see how accepting your erroneous position that NTs are roundly more intelligent than everyone else would be threatening to my self-image.

Oh man...

The hypocrisy and irony of your post astounds me.

NTs are good at one particular kind of intelligence; that is, the NT kind. Your view marginalizes other forms of intelligence (such as sensory/tactile or emotional intelligence) as meaningless, which is not the case.

What is sensory/tactile intelligence, and how does it manifest itself?

What is "emotional intelligence"? Emotions don't think.

Although, it does fit conveniently into your INTJ-supremacist worldview, so carry on.

Carry on I shall.

And yet you've already decided I'm a leftist based on...nothing.

Oh, I forgot. I'm not an INTJ, so I'm stupid.

On nothing? Really? Your comments aren't "nothing." Regardless, I did not "decide" that you're a leftist.

The irony is that your far rightist, INTJ-supremacist ignorance as to the multi-faceted nature of intelligence falls exactly in line with typical stereotypes about moronic INTJs.

What "moronic" stereotypes about INTJs? I have seen many variants of INTJs: some foolish, some annoying, but never unintelligent.

Even other INTJs in this thread are calling you out on this. It's ironic because you fit the conspiracy theory nut stereotype so well:

--INTJ
--Far rightist
--Believe that non-NT forms of intelligence aren't real intelligence
--Have a lot more in common with Dale Gribble than you realize.

I don't care about the other INTJs. They may either align themselves with me or return to the cesspool.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Your post is so typical of ENTPs in its hypocritical presumptiveness and ill-begotten logic that I am honestly tempted to open up a thread examining why ENTPs are the most unworthy rationals.

Don't threaten just do it. It would be awesome.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well maybe if you stopped bumping the thread with your inane comments the thread would have faded into obscurity by now.

Thank you. An intelligent post at last. Lo and behold, it's an INTJ!

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't threaten just do it. It would be awesome.

It's not a threat. What's threatening about it?

I may or I may not. It depends on whether or not I'm willing to spend a disproportionate amount of time arguing with cretins, like I'm already doing on this thread.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's not a threat. What's threatening about it?

I may or I may not. It depends on whether or not I'm willing to spend a disproportionate amount of time arguing with cretins, like I'm already doing on this thread.

Just do it. It would be awesome.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I do think ENTP's are the most lightweight of the Rationals. But, then I remembered that there are ENTJ's.

INTP = good with pure theory
INTJ = good with logical consistency
ENTP = good at tricking Sensors into thinking they're intelligent
ENTJ = good at blah blah process blah blah. I don't know?

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, but he forgot a comma.

Nitpicking grammar is the weakest form of argument, and is essentially a Red herring.

If I was to spend all of my time correcting the grammar of most posters here, I would never state my actual thoughts.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nitpicking grammar is the weakest form of argument, and is essentially a Red herring.

If I was to spend all of my time correcting the grammar of most posters here, I would never state my actual thoughts.

I think I just suggested that above.