User Tag List

First 78910111959 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Surely mbti should teach us that the generally accepted definition of "intelligence" is very biased (probably in favour of Te-like thinking). People drawn to the concept of "intelligence" seem to relish in feeling superior and wearing it as some sort of badge of honour, so they want to skew it's definition towards things that they value.

Like someone else said multiple intelligences is a much fairer measure and there are areas within that where ESFPs would excel.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    I just thought this pic needed to be on this page too.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

my sister is an esfp.

So is my brother.

Niether finished high school. However during school, at various points both were noted for being very.very clever and placed into gifted programs. You have to have an IQ of 125 to get in those programs.

My brother moved out and got a job at 14. He has multiple careers but is known as very clever and can do most everything he tries.

My sister said she always had a hard time focusing on things that were abstract and useless to her, and she wanted to play and have fun instead. She too can pick up any job given very quickly, perhaps more so than even my brother.

It would appear that the basic wiring is present for IQ but they dont use it the way an N would.

As always, it is also all about what IQ really means anyways.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

My sister is an ESFP, and she does very well academically. The only thing is that she doesn't really like any academic subject, or like thinking about any academic subject outside of school, and she would much rather spend her time doing make-up (this is not a joke, she spends an inordinate amount of time fixing herself up) and socializing. So it's less of a lack of intelligence than a rejection or devaluation of academic intelligence on her part. Otherwise, she is very cunning, and has a lot more social intelligence than many people I know (including myself, of course).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESFP

I am a ESFP, and I am very smart. I don't think the two people I spend the most time with, (INTJ best friend and INTJ brother) would hang out with me or give me the time of day if they thought i was stupid in any way. I think I come off as silly or dumb to people at first if they meet me- and im going off or being a performer at the time of the meeting. The thing is I don't feel I need to go out of my way to talk in a certain way to be smart. I hate when SOME people are talking, TRYING to sound smart, and you can tell theyre being weird and awkward with themselves because theyre trying too hard, and its not natural.. but anyways, pretty everyone that gets to know me just a little bit soon realizes i am intelligent and funny unless they are holding a grudge against me initially.
    "special news buliten: 500,669 people infected with swine flue on cinco de mayo 2009, taco bell under special investigation" -Dustin, INTJ

MBTI
    ENTP

My eldest sister is an ESFP and I don't know anyone who knows more about Victorian London than she does. She's not bookish and hasn't got time for academia, but when she has an interest in something, she engages with it and wants to know everything. But she's quite a lot like me in the respect that she'd rather just do her own research and read the bits that interest her, than go to a college or formal course and have to sit for hours listening to boring lectures or studying boring "compulsory modules" that don't relate to what she wants to know.

She became fascinated with the Jack the Ripper case in her teens and has accumulated a lot of knowledge of the period since then.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    My eldest sister is an ESFP and I don't know anyone who knows more about Victorian London than she does. She's not bookish and hasn't got time for academia, but when she has an interest in something, she engages with it and wants to know everything. But she's quite a lot like me in the respect that she'd rather just do her own research and read the bits that interest her, than go to a college or formal course and have to sit for hours listening to boring lectures or studying boring "compulsory modules" that don't relate to what she wants to know.

She became fascinated with the Jack the Ripper case in her teens and has accumulated a lot of knowledge of the period since then.
    I think you've been to this thread before substitute. Does this sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    My eldest sister is ESFP. I have never known anyone to have greater or more indepth knowledge of Victorian London and the Jack the Ripper case than she does.

She underachieved in school, but not due to lack of intelligence - more due to lack of interest in the things school offered her as means of applying her intelligence. I sympathize...

She's not on the forums at Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main is she?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTP

oh yeah probably, I dunno, you know what it's like here after you've been here for a while - the same threads get started over and over and you're not sure if it's the old one that got burried and resurrected, or a new one with newbs that need to be told, and when it's longer than like, 5 pages, I can't be arsed to check
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP

Well it shows I took the time to remember.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

ESFP have the know-how of making them appear desirable amongst others. Clothing, who they know, whom they've been with, what taste of music they have, or.. if they're into volunteer work or something, how many they've helped, what they've done there, etc.. They seem to be devoted to that, no matter where their interest lies in, and that's something.

Everything is practical and considered from a practical perspective, i.e. am I going to win more fame with this? Given the extremely illogical nature of the society as a whole, they seem to consider everything in their proper context, almost unable to take anything out of context and to consider it as an abstraction. What they do worst is to consider some abstract criteria, procedure or rules as it pertains to some abstract concept, and just to handle the concept properly given the instructions. After all, concepts don't give the kind of input they work on in the real life; they don't tell how popular something is, how agreeable, etc.. concepts are just dead to them. As said, they'd have to use T to able to program, calculate or anything of the like. Doing everything because of some semi-random people is especially bad training to get proper consistent logic learned. Semi-random people aren't consistent, given different samples of them.

I guess ESFP teens are so visible and notable in western culture, it dominates the discussion, or at least our mindset. Anyone who uses just two functions would be very imbalanced indeed. Of course, ESFP grow like everyone, become balanced, etc.. but.. perhaps the immature behavior is so strong with teens, ESFP, and gasp, ESFP teens!.

I've been into ESFP at a time, and while their disadvantages are obvious, they don't need such a bad rep as a whole. Actually, I'd like to spend some time with them again, especially those who've mellowed down a bit.

This is just my experience with the ESFP.

Shortandsweet is an ESFP? She seems cool and balanced. Remember the good examples before condemning the rest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]