User Tag List

First 32728081828384 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Uh, practical people are needed, because they are, uh, practical.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Stansmith

I'm either completely blanking out, or thinking about/noticing random nuances that are either happening right in front of me, or based on whatever past information/concept pops up into my head.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I think Introverted Thinking, or Ti-Fe, can feel the same way, though. A lot of other INTPs would probably say the same thing if you could get them to stop bullshitting.

Hell, when someone insists they do understand me and I doubt that, I call their bluff, and ask them what they think I'm thinking, I get silence. Sometimes silence makes the loudest noise.
    Ti and Fi are substitutes, so they bleed together with fair regularity.

All I know is that when someone says people don't understand them, I wonder what they're doing wrong. I do the same to myself.

Uh, practical people are needed, because they are, uh, practical.
    But what about when we have robots???

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Ti and Fi are substitutes, so they bleed together with fair regularity.

All I know is that when someone says people don't understand them, I wonder what they're doing wrong. I do the same to myself.
    Well, to be sure, there are things that I could do to help people to understand me. It isn't a one way street. I agree on that.

I do think that ESFPs might have an especially hard time of it, though. Especially since what is needed to listen is patience, and I'm not sure that ESFPs are inclined towards patience. This helps them in some ways, and hurts them in others.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    But what about when we have robots???
    Who will fight them if they go rogue?

Visit my Johari:

garbage

einstein genius fish climbing trees etc etc

or whatever

Who will fight them if they go rogue?
    The off switch? Only a moron or an internet troll would programme menial labour robots with combat sub-routines or creative capacity to use their tools as weapons. It would take an even bigger moron or an even bigger troll to make it so that they can't be shut off by remote control.

WALMART

Well, to be sure, there are things that I could do to help people to understand me. It isn't a one way street. I agree on that.

I do think that ESFPs might have an especially hard time of it, though. Especially since what is needed to listen is patience, and I'm not sure that ESFPs are inclined towards patience. This helps them in some ways, and hurts them in others.
    I have a pretty textbook ESTP friend, we were out with a group talking about literature and he said "I don't read into what authors say. Someone will tell me, 'Well, the author meant this' and I'm like, 'well he should have said that then!"

I do think they're pretty forthcoming, they don't really beat around the bush, but their ability to intellectualize is in no way diminished simply because of their personality. I can't recall how many times he has subverted my explanation in fewer than ten words. At work, even regarding mental tasks, he was always two steps ahead me in finding an applicable solution.

And he isn't even dry! He has an insane amount of charisma and character.

So idk. I really envy Se types, it's just a shame hedonistic mindlessness is so simply correlated with them.

brainheart

The ESFP I know intimately

Loves Math. He had the highest grade in his Calc 3 class.

Is a software engineer. He is great at problem solving highly technical issues.

Is extremely likable and fun. Most people enjoy his company and he knows a wide range of people.

Has a highly developed emotional intelligence.

Can engage in sports activities without getting distracted by his thoughts and feelings. He is very good at staying in the moment.

It's true-

he doesn't like to discuss literature, philosophy, typology. But often he makes the most articulate observations about people that I've ever heard. He loves visual art and music. And he has a huge heart.

In many ways he is far more well-rounded and intelligent than I am.