User Tag List

First 6789101858 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Same thing with Homer Simpson. Stupidity comes in all types; it's just that ESFPs are vastly over represented in its depiction.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Is Randy Marsh an ESFP?
    It's interesting isn't it? I post on a thread that has laid dormant for over two weeks and a flood of conversation soon absorbs it.

However the yes/no question I asked that brought the thread into this spotlight remains unanswered.

What a fascinating world we live in.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

However the yes/no question I asked that brought the thread into this spotlight remains unanswered.

What a fascinating world we live in.
    Yep. That it is.
    *continues on his merry way without answering the question*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    Same thing with Homer Simpson. Stupidity comes in all types; it's just that ESFPs are vastly over represented in its depiction.
    I really think Homer Simpson is generally an underdeveloped ISTJ. He definitely fits Si from Jung's perspective.

I mean compare him to Bart Simpson (generally written as an ESTP, maybe an occasional ENTP). Bart is much more of an open-minded thrill seeker that you would expect from an Se dominant, while Homer is much more passive, closed-minded and highly judgmental, more interested in peaceful living than active experience.

I guess people get the perception of an Se dominant because Homer is loud-mouthed, but his actual behavior is more often Si, I think.

MBTI
    ENTP

Homer isn't a type. He's a TV character. And I say that because I don't think he will ever fit one of the types, especially after the writers make him pretty over-the-top in the later episodes.
    Bart, on the other hand, is in fact very much an extraverted sensing type

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I've noticed a trend in television sitcoms for "stupid" characters to be ESFPs.
    Notably, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Joey Tribbiani and Kelly Bundy.

Obviously this a stereotype unfounded in reality, but what is it about ESFPs that makes Hollywood writers make them stupid characters, or alternatively make stupid characters into ESFPs?
    Umm... I don't think there's a way to answer this without sounding rude but, prefacing with its not intentional, I would have to say that its quite humorous, in a comedy, and frustrating when not in one of those, seeing a character that is totally subjective.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I really think Homer Simpson is generally an underdeveloped ISTJ. He definitely fits Si from Jung's perspective.

I mean compare him to Bart Simpson (generally written as an ESTP, maybe an occasional ENTP). Bart is much more of an open-minded thrill seeker that you would expect from an Se dominant, while Homer is much more passive, closed-minded and highly judgmental, more interested in peaceful living than active experience.

I guess people get the perception of an Se dominant because Homer is loud-mouthed, but his actual behavior is more often Si, I think.
    I was responding to Vivid's post about Peter Griffin being a T. Personally, I think that ISTJ is a pretty good assessment of Homer Simpson. At the very least he seems ISTx. His behavior can be weird from episode to episode since it's mainly written for comedy but some of the stupidly impulsive stuff he pulls (chasing after the musical prize car while driving Bart to school) tends to shun away from the security seeking and responsible behavior of your typical Guardian type.

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    The ESFPs I know irl, one of whom is frigging brilliant, seem to have a less than intelligent persona and sometimes make pretty wild decisions because they aren't thinking about the future very much.
    true true

MBTI
    IsTP

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Some ESFPs are stupid, some are highly intelligent. Their average IQ is probably slightly below average, but they would probably come out better in a multiple intelligence theory perspective, probably being above average in musical, bodily-kinesthetic and interpersonal intelligence. My best friend is an ESFP (at first thought to be ENFP, but cognitive processes test revealed she is clearly ESFP) with an IQ of about 150 and a musical genius, so for sure highly intelligent ones exist.
    i agree with you here. reading all of these ridiculous assumptions of esfps being "stupid" really bothers me. and it bothers my brother who is an intj too because he knows my inner genius.