User Tag List

First 26667475767778 Last

Results 751 to 760 of 847

  1. #751
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But the definition does not support your argument. It is just that you're *interpreting* the definition that way.
    My argument is that if you are an 'absolute' nonconformist you won't conform to prevailing ideas or practice. The majority votes prevail therefore the nonconformist will not conform to it and will therefore always lose. But remember the term 'absolute'. I don't speak for the average one who would set it aside for more analysation.

  2. #752
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ????
    Posts
    37

    Default

    and just for arguments sake, i got some actual definitions of intelligence from the internet:

    1.capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
    2. manifestation of a high mental capacity
    3. the faculty of understanding
    4. capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.

    I don't see anything that excludes ESFPs

  3. #753
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISFPeaceOut View Post
    so...if he's allowed to keep posting hateful lies about ESFPs, but we're not supposed to respond because he's just a fragile little baby, then why doesn't someone just close the thread? i'm not a fan of closing threads, but if he's going to spew hate, then he's going to get hated. its a really simple concept.
    You may argue with anyone who's views you disagree with, as much as you like, that option has not been questioned. What has been raised is personally insulting that person in an attempt to badger them down, both sides need to cut that shit out or further infractions will be delivered.

    *not specifically directed at you.

  4. #754
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISFPeaceOut View Post
    I don't see anything that excludes ESFPs
    It doesn't, you will always find people wanting to use MBTI as a way of saying they are inherently better. The problem with comprehension is theirs, not yours.

  5. #755
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Perch, you missed the entire point of every single thing that I said, and also missed out on a whole lot of posts. I can tell by the continuation of regurgitating what was said before, rather than a true rebuttal of any of the posts. By the way, your original post on the subject had the definition of ESFP's in there, which said, "ESFPs like to stay away from theorizing, therefore don't do well in school." To which you followed up with "Then all ESFP's are unintelligent." YOU said that ESFP's are unintelligent because they don't like school. Now, you're arguing just because ESFP's are good in school, does not mean that they are intelligent. Followed by missing a whole bunch of examples of abstract thought, problem solving, and more doing well in school. (Doing well in all theoretical, creative, mathematical AND memorizing topics. Many of which have nothing to do with regurgitating info.) (And yes, IQ tests are simple problems that require quick learning ability and problem solving.... that's established.)

    I almost want to keep going on to tell you exactly what I do with my life that Even tell you my IQ score. So then we can rule all those things out as "unintelligent." Then we can go on to talk about things that other ESFP's did, they will be unintelligent as well. (Since now we've ruled out any career that required a lot of memorizing things as unintelligent. Musicians and artists are ALSO unintelligent because they are often ESFP's..Stand up comedians are out. And actors and singers and elementary school teachers.. they're out, too. All unless they of course WEREN'T ESFP's.) We're going to get ourselves down to the pimply teen emo INTJ working in a McDonald's as the most intelligent person once we're done the thread!


    (And I sure do hope that the top of your class did not all go on to become docs and engineers if they were the dumbest people you know.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #756
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Oh, yeah! I remember your airtight arguments earlier in the thread. Now we just gotta convince the rest of these simpletons.
    Exactly, but one cannot convince the willfully ignorant. I can only attempt to enlighten the world, not guarantee success.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  7. #757
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Exactly, but one cannot convince the willfully ignorant. I can only attempt to enlighten the world, not guarantee success.
    I really, really hope you get banned. Again. Perhaps you should have taken the hint the first time.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  8. #758
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISFPeaceOut View Post
    so...if he's allowed to keep posting hateful lies about ESFPs, but we're not supposed to respond because he's just a fragile little baby, then why doesn't someone just close the thread? i'm not a fan of closing threads, but if he's going to spew hate, then he's going to get hated. its a really simple concept.

    oh, and the internet is not like real life. its a big free for all. like someone above mentioned, could i just claim to be a 15 year old and get a free pass to insult as many people as i want to? nope. thats not how the internet works.
    Hateful lies? The context of the discussion is the stupidity or normality of ESFPs, not the axiomatic intelligence of ESFPs. Your emotional outbursts do not serve your cause well.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  9. #759
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Yes, I am 15.
    Woops, missed this one, clearly.
    You're excused!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #760
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I really, really hope you get banned. Again. Perhaps you should have taken the hint the first time.
    No, he can come back. Better him to use as a punching bag after work than my dog or a dear friend.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] The ESFP haters thread
    By King sns in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM
  2. [ESFP] ESFP Quote Of The Day
    By Mal12345 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
  3. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 02:12 PM
  5. [MBTItm] ESFP/ENFP - how to get the ESFP off the ENFP?
    By Twixt in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO