User Tag List

First 2161697071727381 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oaky, would you be defending him if he weren't INTJ?

Are you just being sympathetic to INTJ weaknesses?
    I don't think he's defending him as a person, tbh. He's just pointing out that we're a mob of people in our mid-to-late 20's ganging up and verbally assaulting a young teenager.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oaky, would you be defending him if he weren't INTJ?

Are you just being sympathetic to INTJ weaknesses?
    I'm not defending him. I'm stating what I'd state were any 15 year old child were arguing with people far older than his age biologically and hopefully mentally. Whether ESFP or INTJ.

EDIT: Ah, patches said the same.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I don't think he's defending him as a person, tbh. He's just pointing out that we're a mob of people in our mid-to-late 20's ganging up and verbally assaulting a young teenager.

...who is saying really hateful things.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Exactly.

And acting overtly aggressive in a manner that wouldn't be done in real life while accusing him of the same thing.

I find this to be a simple example of how anonymity on the internet leads to a less civilized action and reaction.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    yupp

I swear if I posted INTJ "stupid" myth it wouldn't last 5 seconds. because of the preconceived notion about the type.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    but hey, it's better to learn these things through discussions on an internet forum than through a terrible misunderstanding that would inevitably come from him trying to apply his ideas in real life

AGREED. It's much better for this to happen in writing from strangers than to actually have people IRL confront him. No one is yelling at him.

80 to 100 years ago, children were treated like adults from the time they were about five years old. 40 or 50 years ago, they were treated like adults as young as he is.

There were rulers in history younger than this kid.

He's reached an age where if he wants to dish it out, he can learn to take it. It's not like anyone is screaming at him, threatening him, or telling him to stop talking.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Isn't much use now is it? It's been going on for quite the while with not much avail.
    then it's obviously time to restrict him or something if other means are ineffective... I could have claimed that MY age was 15... would that mean that I could be given more leeway?

in other words, if I have to behave no matter what, he should have to as well... this is an internet forum, people here are expected to act like grown ups (even though they frequently do not!) if they're going to participate- otherwise it feels like there's a double standard
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

15 years old is old enough to face the consequences of the words you choose to use to express your opinions.

Sometimes the consequence is getting you teeth verbally kicked in by a mob. You either learn to not sound like such an asshole or you just keep doing it and get your teeth kicked in some more. Life's kinda like that.

A 15 year old is not a child. Treating a 15 year old like they have no accountability or ignoring their behavior because they are young is not going to do them much of a service when a few years pass and people are suddenly expecting them to act like an adult.

Just sayin'.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INTj

Right now, I'm more interested in the behavior of the 30 year olds. I expect this from a fifteen year old INTP or INTJ.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    yupp

hmmm when I was 15 i wouldn't be caught dead with someone who liked reality tv, now I have friends who watch jersey shore and even though I think it's garbage I realize they're smart and we don't talk about jersey shore. Your view of people changes as you get older, you begin to realize you're not always right and infact 80% of the time you're wrong. But you keep on going and one day you may reach the top or not Rosa Parks is probably smarter than me. Hell most people probably are, but it's not that huge of a deal to me I'll die alone but I'll die happy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so