User Tag List

First 2060686970717280 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    He still has much to learn and experience. Most likely, everyone replying to him are more than 5 years older than him which in turn makes it look like a bunch of more learnt older individuals shouting at a child about how he is wrong.
    but hey, it's better to learn these things through discussions on an internet forum than through a terrible misunderstanding that would inevitably come from him trying to apply his ideas in real life

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    sure he's young and he has a lot to learn and experience, but on the other side, does this give him a free pass to go around calling people stupid and useless just because he feels like it?

that sort of mindset leads to a lot of spoiled brats
    Well, you either react to a child's insults or you ignore it. But mostly, the child desires a reaction. So play his game or don't and let him find a new one (perhaps with slightly more wisdom).

ThatGirl

I think you are all retarded. Except for Oakysage <3

At least he brought a little REAL perspective to the table.

If we as adults are supposed to know more than the youth, I would think that comes in more areas than just general opinionated knowledge.

Exits thread.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    While I'm fairly careful with children who are under the age of twelve or thirteen, once they get in high school and start acting this way, I'm not exactly patient with them, and I don't see any reason why I should be.
    Just out of curiosity, if you met a fifteen year old on the street that was spouty off, you would then walk up to him or her and say the same things that people are saying to him now?

Personally, I ignore people that are young and immature with regard to life and life experiences. However, if I want to "teach them a lesson," I certainly don't do it by acting just like they are.

Now if they're older, my reaction is completely different.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Well, you either react to a child's insults or you ignore it. But mostly, the child desires a reaction. So play his game or don't and let him find a new one (perhaps with slightly more wisdom).
    I'd merely attempted to explain some stats to him, but apparently that was boring adult stuff :rolli:

I correct kids IRL as well... no use having my day ruined just because someone else decided to let their kids run wild

(and a skimming of his posts doesn't show much promise in finding any more mature games to play... not unless he gets hit by a falling coconut like Keith Richards! )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think the youth is already too pandered to. I've actually had it with this societal idea that kids shouldn't be disciplined or talked to like adults if they want to pretend to be an adult. It's not like he's five and we're telling him to shut up.

No one is telling him to shut up, for that matter, we're just arguing with him.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I correct kids IRL as well... no use having my day ruined just because someone else decided to let their kids run wild
    Pretty much. I'm sick of people letting their brats run wild.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    'He' has no age here. 'He' could be a 50 year old albanian female shepherd, as far as we know (and as far as I care). Arguments are still arguments. Welcome to the Internet.
    Understood. Though I like to take the most likely case in that he's still quite a young 15 year old as stated. So I honestly wouldn't advise bothering much.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    but hey, it's better to learn these things through discussions on an internet forum than through a terrible misunderstanding that would inevitably come from him trying to apply his ideas in real life
    He is being attacked and therefore on the defensive. He won't change his thoughts with such things.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oaky, would you be defending him if he weren't INTJ?

Are you just being sympathetic to INTJ weaknesses?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'd merely attempted to explain some stats to him, but apparently that was boring adult stuff :rolli:

(and a skimming of his posts doesn't show much promise in finding any more mature games to play... not unless he gets hit by a falling coconut like Keith Richards! )
    Isn't much use now is it? It's been going on for quite the while with not much avail.