User Tag List

First 1757656667686977 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Ok fine then, your not a troll Perch420, I was wrong for calling you that.
    Ugh. :rolli:
    Last edited by Kasper; 03-12-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: quote ammended to remove insult
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Grades have very little to do with intelligence, for the third fucking time.

When I said that ESFJs and ESFPs haven't contributed anything to society, I didn't mean that they were worthless completely. I meant that, if it is true that "ESFPs can be the smartest people in the world", then where are all the ESFP mathematicians and physicists? Were they just "uninterested" in pursuing such subjects even though they were capable? No, the answer is this; ESFPs are by definition incapable of creative thinking. That's the point I was trying to make, not that they should be euthanized or anything like that.
    Is creative thinking the only prerequisite for intelligence? How do you define intelligence? You keep telling us what intelligence isn't (i.e Grades =/= Intelligence), so i'm interested in what qualities are important for you to label someone as intelligent.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Perch, I think you're an INTJ and have no Ti, just FYI.

I mean, just going by stereotypes you are a clueless young, irritatingly pompous INTJ.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Intelligence is creative problem solving. What's more to define? You want me to define "creative" and "problem solving" too? And then the subsets of those definitions as well? You can deconstruct everything to the point of meaninglessness if you want to. I don't. I'm content with the definition I've provided: creative problem solving.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Perch420
    Grades have very little to do with intelligence, for the third fucking time.
    To a certain degree yes grades can equate some level of intellect (although a desire to do well and other factors also play an imperative role), but to get perfectly straight A's in the highest level classes requires intelligence to an above average degree.

When I said that ESFJs and ESFPs haven't contributed anything to society, I didn't mean that they were worthless completely. I meant that, if it is true that "ESFPs can be the smartest people in the world", then where are all the ESFP mathematicians and physicists? Were they just "uninterested" in pursuing such subjects even though they were capable? No, the answer is this; ESFPs are by definition incapable of creative thinking. That's the point I was trying to make, not that they should be euthanized or anything like that.
    Maybe because they're busy filling other roles in society that have more practical value, such as technical work or taking care of others. Society doesn't need a shit load of math nerds of lab geeks as it does people who are willing to do more practical/present focused things, which are usually well suited for ESFP's and ESFJ's.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Perch420
    Ugh. :rolli:
    Oh fuck you. Can't wait to see your username painted a bright banned red.
    Last edited by Savage Idealist; 03-12-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: .

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

15 years old hmmm? Wait a few years perch. Wait a few more mind-screwing years.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

I know from experience that people who get the highest grades in my school are among the dumbest, most narrow minded people I've ever met. Unfunny, rude, intellectually incurious, lacking in self-awareness, overly serious, stupid sheep incapable of any sort of independent thinking whatsoever. Their only skill is the ability to do what the teacher tells them to without question. Basically, not "intelligent" in any way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Maybe because they're busy filling other roles in society that have more practical value, such as technical work or taking care of others. Society doesn't need a shit load of math nerds of lab geeks as it does people who are willing to do more practical/present focused things, which are usually well suited for ESFP's and ESFJ's.
    This. Nurses (also doctors!) mothers, fathers, singers, artists, performers, managers, mechanics, or even film collecting...many roles could be filled by ESFPs or ESFJs, and I seriously don't know where he gets off saying people who make straight As in college aren't necessarily intelligent...last time I checked, it requires creative problem solving to do university level work.

Of course, Perch wouldn't know that, because he's still in high school.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I know from experience that people who get the highest grades in my school are among the dumbest, most narrow minded people I've ever met. Unfunny, rude, intellectually incurious, lacking in self-awareness, overly serious, stupid sheep incapable of any sort of independent thinking whatsoever. Their only skill is the ability to do what the teacher tells them to without question. Basically, not "intelligent" in any way.
    University is a different world than secondary school, but thanks for playing.