User Tag List

First 1151596061626371 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Type is about personality preferences, not strengths and weaknesses. That is what what typology is about BY DEFINITION.

You're just juggling definitions around at this point. "Personality preferences" is the wrong word to use anyway; I don't "prefer" my personality, it's the way it is regardless of my opinion on the subject. ESFPs are incapable of abstract thinking by definition, therefore it is impossible for there to be an intelligent ESFP, period.
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm the one juggling definitions?

What source did you get that ESFP definition from?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ The ever-so-reliable internet source. Of course, what they say isn't open to interpretation, and probably created by someone that was the smartest kid in their entire school, so you know it's legit.

I'm waiting for him to start the "Women have been scientifically proven to have smaller brains, so they can't be as smart as men!" and other stereotypical trolling speeches.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Dude, the few ESFPs I know can be unexpectedly intelligent underneath that facade they have going.
    It's always kind of shocking to see it come off when they get serious. You'd think that someone that uppity and fun would be a total airhead.
    Take for instance this supposedly stupid but beautiful/nice girl I know. She's got that... Stupid look. Plastic boobs, everything.
    Anyway, gives the impression that she's really out there. Not a shred of intelligence in that head.
    Took me a few years to get a glimpse of it, but this girl is actually an avid reader, politically interested and could discuss almost anything.
    That's so INCREDIBLY sneaky. Almost like Claudius, pretending to be a fool for years.
    Same for one of my best friends. He's so good at some stuff that it hurts.
    Sure, not much of a scholar, more intelligent in that Barney fashion.

No, only one of the ESFPs I know is really fucking stupid less gifted.
    To be honest, in proportion to that, I know more INTJs who are total reta... Less gifted.
    What utter nonsense. Do you expect anybody to believe that you've met more intelligent ESFPs than INTJs? Don't make me laugh. According to what misguided interpretation of intelligence? An ENFJ's? Hah!
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Here is a type description of the ESFP.

ESFPS are BY DEFINITION shallow thinkers. That's the DEFINITION of an ESFP, along with gregariousness and other things. That's their "con" just like an INTPs "con" is socialization. What's not to understand? "Intellectual" capacity, just like willpower, charisma, perceptive capacity, are all things that some personalities are good at and some bad at. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses; for the ESFP it happens to be "deep" thinking and analysis, i.e. intelligence.
    Thank you. A sensible thinker at last. I was beginning to believe that there weren't any here.
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Type is about personality preferences, not strengths and weaknesses. That is what what typology is about BY DEFINITION.

Type is about the characteristics pertaining to a particular personality. Certain personalities are intrinsically stupid due to their interpretation of the world and the behavior utilized in interaction.
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Type is about the characteristics pertaining to a particular personality. Certain personalities are intrinsically stupid due to their interpretation of the world and the behavior utilized in interaction.
    Does not mean they lack talent or ability to practice intelligence.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    What utter nonsense. Do you expect anybody to believe that you've met more intelligent ESFPs than INTJs? Don't make me laugh. According to what misguided interpretation of intelligence? An ENFJ's? Hah!
    I think what you just said proves my point. You must be one of the more socially incompetent people I have ever met on here.
    While it is improbable that you have sought professional help for your problem, I advise you to do so. Now, take that as a friendly recommendation.
    This need to push down others can only be rooted in some form of deep insecurity, and to not get how others will react... Perhaps you have Asperger's syndrome.
    I don't know you well enough to tell. But a high IQ and complete social unawareness are typical hallmarks for that.
    Now, does that make you intelligent? I think not. It makes you unwholesome.
    That was not too friendly, I suppose, but you really needed it.

I know your kind of guy, you'll just scoff at what I just said. You'll come up with something to justify your behavior and make me look bad.
    What will be my victory over you is that everyone will continue to think you're an ass, and laugh at you... And perhaps, if you have some self-awareness, you'll feel some little twinge of doubt.

Just my five cents. ESFPs, at least, are pleasant to be around. What use are you if people would rather ingest pesticides than spend a minute near you?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Does not mean they lack talent or ability to practice intelligence.
    One cannot "practice" intelligence. Either one is or is not intelligent. There is no middle ground.
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I think what you just said proves my point. You must be one of the more socially incompetent people I have ever met on here.
    While it is improbable that you have sought professional help for your problem, I advise you to do so. Now, take that as a friendly recommendation.
    This need to push down others can only be rooted in some form of deep insecurity, and to not get how others will react... Perhaps you have Asperger's syndrome.
    I don't know you well enough to tell. But a high IQ and complete social unawareness are typical hallmarks for that.
    Now, does that make you intelligent? I think not. It makes you unwholesome.
    That was not too friendly, I suppose, but you really needed it.

I know your kind of guy, you'll just scoff at what I just said. You'll come up with something to justify your behavior and make me look bad.
    What will be my victory over you is that everyone will continue to think you're an ass, and laugh at you... And perhaps, if you have some self-awareness, you'll feel some little twinge of doubt.

Just my five cents. ESFPs, at least, are pleasant to be around. What use are you if people would rather ingest pesticides than spend a minute near you?
    I don't know what to make of this. Not only is this irrelevant, but it is also hopelessly one dimensional (and wrong), particularly from an ENFJesque perspective.
    —Bonaparte