MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    but cartman is such a fucking genius...
    Deep down, you and I both know that. But I was just being PC!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Deep down, you and I both know that. But I was just being PC!
    Bart simpson is supposed to be an improvisor. Of course, he's actually perfectly smart.

Cartman is a dumbass.

In my opinion, cartman illustrates people NOT resembling TV characters. Cartman is an unrealistic representation of a domTe.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Think Eric Cartman.
    or Plankton from Sponge Bob
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

There's something about the aura that ESFPs project which seems to come across as 'ditzy' and 'superficial'.

Thus, people naturally assume they're stupid without bothering to check to see if they really are or not.

I think smart female ESFPs realise very quickly that by being 'ditzy' and a 'helpless female', they can get most people to do exactly what they want them to do. (I'm reminded of those bleach-blonde celebrities which you find out later are actually really, really smart. They just choose not to show it off because it won't get them very far.)

This thread touched on that a little.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ

Default The Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    The ESFPs I know irl, one of whom is frigging brilliant, seem to have a less than intelligent persona and sometimes make pretty wild decisions because they aren't thinking about the future very much.
    This is an interesting point and compares with the former post about how ESFPs seem ditzy so people don't dig to see if they're really intelligent.

The ESFP I know isn't ditzy, but she makes impulsive choices that sometimes turn out very badly. Then she proceeds to make another impulsive choice. She's quite smart, but she chooses to act quickly without considering the future enough. She recently moved from a TIC to a renovated flat that was supposed to be ready October 1. It wasn't, so she moved into a garage apt. the developer owned. It still wasn't ready on December 1, but she'd had enough of the garage apt., so she moved her things into the flat before inspections had been done. It took three inspections for it to pass, so she had to move her stuff FOUR times instead of once.

Her friends joke that her biography (and dramedy) should be called In the Vortex.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    There's something about the aura that ESFPs project which seems to come across as 'ditzy' and 'superficial'.

Thus, people naturally assume they're stupid without bothering to check to see if they really are or not.

I think smart female ESFPs realise very quickly that by being 'ditzy' and a 'helpless female', they can get most people to do exactly what they want them to do. (I'm reminded of those bleach-blonde celebrities which you find out later are actually really, really smart. They just choose not to show it off because it won't get them very far.)

This thread touched on that a little.
    nah. I actually think that's actually a role that ESFPs are extremely unlikely to play.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know about Damsels in Distress, but my friend is very good at turning on the charm to get men to do things for her. Eg, when I took her out for her birthday, she flirted with the waiter to give her a complimentary glass of champagne, saying to him "Oh, Tom always gives me one when I come here." Our waiter didn't go for it. [smile.]

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENTP

ESFP's are
    Extraverted so everything's on display and they're easier to read.
    Sensing so they don't spend as much time in thought or future matters
    Feeling so they are less inclined to acting rationally and holding back
    Perceiving so they're impulsive

While all ESFP's aren't stupid this formula is the easiest way to get a stereotypical dummy.

Plus all the ESFP's I've met haven't been particularly bright. But I'm sure all are different.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by RunnDMC View Post
    ESFP's are
    Extraverted so everything's on display and they're easier to read.
    Sensing so they don't spend as much time in thought or future matters
    Feeling so they are less inclined to acting rationally and holding back
    Perceiving so they're impulsive

While all ESFP's aren't stupid this formula is the easiest way to get a stereotypical dummy.

Plus all the ESFP's I've met haven't been particularly bright. But I'm sure all are different.
    Well that says more about cultural bias than it does about any ESFPs IRL.
    (I also say that because even the 'trait' list you've provided doesn't math any ESFPs I know)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I
    People can be really good at something using their own styles. He had an interest and put a lot of energy into the Math and CS fields, but it certainly possible it was mostly Se energy and Fi energy and not N or T.

FWIW, the best programmer I have known (another one who got the same 4 degrees in 4 years) tested INFP (the idealist temperament is actually fairly clear in his personality). Would you have guessed that?

Consider, also, that some big names in CS were self-proclaimed INFPs (Larry Wall, Jerry Weinberg).

That makes me think that Fi, may have a certain place in computing that is essential also.
    computer science takes Ti or Te, straight up. xxFPs probably use Te for it, xxFJs probably use Ti.

i know i certainly don't use Fe for programming...and i'd consider myself quite good. it's all Ni+Ti for me.

how could analyzing what is "good" or "bad" for you gonna help you program anything? or, how would social focus help?

programming/math/physics is just T.