INFx, E 4w5

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I wish there was a MBTI Myth Busters with hosts with big moustaches and all that. Let's blow that to smithereens.
    Totally, there should at least be MBTI Mythbusters thread, moustaches and explosions optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Are you honestly saying that the average IQ of all the ESFPs in the world is the same as the average IQ of all the INTJs or INTPs?
    Probably not, but I will bet that the difference in IQ, if the sampling is done right, would not be hugely significant.

But what would this difference tell us? Not very much at all.

It would only confirm a little more our impressions that INTx’s are way obsessed with the stuff IQ tests measure and are going to practice those types of things more than the ESFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Most ESFPs will not care about intelligence so they are less likely to adhere themselves to critical thinking challenges. This will include taking IQ tests seriously. It doesn't mean they are more incapable of doing so then intelligence obsessed INTs who try their hardest to look as intellectually challenging as possible. The case is it will be far more difficult to get an accurate understanding of an ESFPs critical thinking skills than it is an INT's critical thinking skills.
    Exactly.

- STATISTICALLY, INTJS AND INTPS ARE OVERWHELMINGLY OVERREPRESENTED IN PEOPLE WITH AN IQ OF ABOVE 130. THIS IS IRREFUTABLE.
    This is probably true, but far from irrefutable.

I can't fucking believe that the poisonous nauseating cancer of political correctness has spread to something so esoteric as personality types. Intelligence is a trait, just like any other. If you're saying that all types are of equal intelligence, why aren't you in tandem claiming that INTJs are just as, say, socially gregarious as ESFPs, it's just that they, as you put it, "don't care to show it."
    I don’t understand it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But good lord aren't so many of them emotionally retarded. I don't just mean socially retarded - emotionally retarded, like INTJs over-simplifying human behavior and relationships to a point that they look stupid when they discuss it, no matter how high their IQ may be in maths or sciences, et al.
    Why is this important?

IQ tests are skewed toward a particular type of intelligence.
    Yes, very skewed, and in many different ways.

it requires intelligence to be a musician, a convincing performer, an artist, or an athlete. Some ESFPs are even writers of literature.
    Yes, it does. A lot of it is skills to be developed, but it all has to start with intelligence.

Did you know there's an ESFP in med school on this forum? Yeah....
    When was it ever denied that some ESFPs are ridiculously smart and excellent at school-type skills?

There's only one type of "intelligence": the ability to think and reason effectively. The "multiple intelligence" movement is a way to make everyone feel good about themselves because intelligence is so valued in society. I do think that things like spatial awareness and the like are important, but they shouldn't be called "intelligence", really. Regardless, this is just meaningless semantics. The "intelligence" we're talking about is the ability to reason, which IQ tests attempt to value.
    Agreed on these points, but it doesn’t mean that IQ tests measure the pure ability to reason accurately.

No. Those things require determination, musical acuity, and other skills, but not "intelligence". Intelligence, again, is the ability to think logically and come up with novel solutions to problems. This is an oversimplification, but it'll do for the purposes of the discussion.
    As I said, those things still require intelligence initially to be able to get to the skills.
    So with the simplified definition of intelligence here being “the ability to logically reason and problem solve in a novel way,” this ability can be applied to TONS of different endeavors.

P.S. it's impossible to have NiTi unless you're INFJ. So I'm hoping you self-type as INFJ, otherwise your understanding of JCF is quite miserable. Again: irony.
    In theory it should be impossible to be NiTi at all. But it happens. With weird type patterns like that, more information is needed.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It was important to point out to him since his argument was essentially "INTPs and INTJs are smrtrrrr than everybody and ESFPs are dumb" and I wanted to point out to him how in some cases of INTx (clearly not all INTx, of course) they can exhibit behaviors that also look "dumb" to more Feeler-ish types, and I don't think he was taking this into account.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

I'm going to stop this argument because you are unable to understand what I'm trying to tell you and lack critical thinking skills.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

NO U

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

- STATISTICALLY, INTJS AND INTPS ARE OVERWHELMINGLY OVERREPRESENTED IN PEOPLE WITH AN IQ OF ABOVE 130. THIS IS IRREFUTABLE.

-INTELLIGENCE IS PARTLY IF NOT PREDOMINANTLY ENVIRONMENTALLY ACQUIRED. ESFPS ARE LESS LIKELY TO BE DRAWN TO INTELLECTUALLY STIMULATING ENVIRONMENTS, THEREFORE THEY WILL BE LESS INTELLIGENT. INTJS AND INTPS TEND TO BE DRAWN TO INTELLECTUALLY STIMULATING ENVIRONMENTS. THEREFORE, THEY ARE GENERALLY MORE INTELLIGENT.

WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND??????? WHAT IT ANY OF THIS IS REMOTELY INCORRECT????????

I can't fucking believe that the poisonous nauseating cancer of political correctness has spread to something so esoteric as personality types. Intelligence is a trait, just like any other. If you're saying that all types are of equal intelligence, why aren't you in tandem claiming that INTJs are just as, say, socially gregarious as ESFPs, it's just that they, as you put it, "don't care to show it." That would be ridiculous.
    Perch420 does have a point here. even if the delivery was a little... passionate. it is blatantly obvious that being an ESFP does not make you stupid, but the amount of political correctness surrouding the issue is ridiculous. MBTI deals with the preferences in the brain's cognitive activity, to pretend that it does not have any correlation is simple ignorance. several tests have concluded that introverts tend to be more intelligent (this has been studied and documented for decades). other tests I've heard of (but not confirmed) concluded that Intuitive people have higher than average intelligence. we need to remember a few things discussing this issue.
    1) correlation does not equal causation
    2) there are more options than just "ESFPs are stupid" or "there is absolutely no correlation between type and intelligence"
    3) correlation does not mean direct correlation
    4) all political correctness aside, facts are facts

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Nice... I love internet memes, because they're familiar. I saw that before somewhere, which makes it funny.

What's more sad is that this thread is 58 pages long. At this point, the actual issue doesn't matter. What matters is that some of you are literal, bonafide maniacs for talking about it this much.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think intelligence is a array of different skill sets and abilities(including creativity, which can definitely be applied to music and art forms), maybe in it's most basic form, the ability the learn. I do admit abstract thinking/reasoning is a very complex form of intelligence(seems only humans are capable of this compared to other animals). It's really what seperates humans from the beasts.

@Perch420- if you prefer Ni and Ti as your main functions, you might be a INFJ in a NiTi loop.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

I'm most likely an INTJ with a well-developed Ti. I don't identify with the INFJ description at all. Either that or I'm an unusually assertive and domineering INTP, since INTP is what I get on the MBTI (non-function) test.