User Tag List

First 444525354555664 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Omething about this thread seems to always attract the most disgusting examples of dogmatic adherance to biased facts as if specific members are so miserable that they are grasping at straws to prove that they are better than someone else... In other words, this thread always shows us who the stupid trolls are :rolli:
    but I am better than someone else.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

You still haven't answered my question, by the way. Do you think all types have the same average IQ? If not, then you're agreeing with me; that personality determines interest and lifestyle, which in turn determines IQ (A physicist uses his/her abstract reasoning skill much more often than an athlete, which means the physicist is more likely to do well on an IQ test, which tests primarily for the type of thing which the physicist does on a day to day basis: abstract reasoning.)

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    I think people who think that personality is causitive of low intelligence, have low reasoning abilities= low intelligence. (see how easy that was).
    Personality isn't causative of and doesn't absolutely determine your intelligence. That would be absurd. It does, however, loosely determine the kinds of things and activities a person would enjoy. If a person practices a skill for a long period of time, they become more proficient at it. I don't understand what I'm saying that's so offensive and illogical.

The ability to critically think and reason is predominantly environmentally acquired. If I remember correctly, only something like 4.4% of your IQ is determined by your genes. (Children of intelligent parents tend to be intelligent as well, but this is mostly due to the stimulating environment the parents provide.) So what's the problem?

An introverted person probably is not going to socialize as much as an extrovert and therefore will have a weaker grasp of the subtle nuances of social interaction that an extrovert would. Is that incorrect? If not, then why is it wrong to say a person who is introverted and intuitive is more likely to have an interest in reading, science, or mathematics, all of which require some degree of CRITICAL REASONING, which, JUST LIKE IN THE CASE ABOVE, WILL BE WEAKER IN PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIFFERENT INTERESTS. There are always exceptions. Mitch Hedberg was very introverted but mastered the art of speaking in front of a crowd. I'm done with this. If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Pand0ra View Post
    Doesn't have anything much to do with ESFPs btw, as I only know one (outside of fiction!) so couldn't possibly know whether this claim of stupidity is true. However I would agree that you can NEVER judge intelligence *based* on personality type. Maybe someone should start an 'Are all INTJs evil' thread..............?
    Nobody is saying that ALL of one group is something. Members of certain groups have PREDISPOSITIONS to CERTAIN TRAITS. Not all INTJs are "evil", obviously, but they are more likely than, say, ESFPs, to put less of an emphasis on the ethical implications of their plans and ideas. Most are driven and their ambitions tend to overpower them and make them "power hungry". All of this could be considered "evil". INTJs are more likely to have "evil" qualities than ESFPs. Would you disagree? Would you say that an INTP has just as much of an ability to preform in front of a crowd than an ESFP? This whole debate is incredibly stupid.

MBTI
    INTP

I feel dirty.

MBTI
    yupp
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Offog View Post
    I feel dirty.
    Then chew some Orbit!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Removed some inflammatory posts entirely- saw no reason even to move them to Off Topic Posts.

Please refrain from making personal attacks, and note that this includes personal, targeted responses to the authors of arguments you think are lame. This means you.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    You still haven't answered my question, by the way. Do you think all types have the same average IQ? If not, then you're agreeing with me; that personality determines interest and lifestyle, which in turn determines IQ (A physicist uses his/her abstract reasoning skill much more often than an athlete, which means the physicist is more likely to do well on an IQ test, which tests primarily for the type of thing which the physicist does on a day to day basis: abstract reasoning.)
    ill give you an example

you know that people generates kind of roles to people that they interact with. some people lean more to these roles of other people and some people take the individuals more into consideration when interacting with them. either way everyone generates some sort of roles to people that they interact with. i could make a test and measure how strongly people think these other people as individuals compared to thinking others as roles that they serve.

lets call it 'individuality strength' and shorten it to IS. lets measure it as putting the average IS of people to value of 100, and imagine that rest will fall into something to value of 80-140.

now you might see that this measure has nothing to do with MBTI, but you might find some correlation with MBTI and IS.

lets imagine that people with high Fi generally has high IS score, but Fe users might score high on IS also, but not just that often.

so even tho you can find some correlation with IS and MBTI, they measure totally different things. it would be stupid to say that Fe users suck on IS, because its not impossible(or even all that uncommon) that Fe user would score high on IS, and many of them would score high on IS, its just more common for Fi users to score high on IS.

its the same with IQ and MBTI, they measure totally different things, so its stupid to say that ESFPs have low IQ, because thats not true, there are ESFPs who have higher than average(100) IQ, and they arent even all that rare. even tho N types are most represented on people with 135+ IQ, it doesent mean that ESFPs have low IQ.

if you dont get it after reading this, you are a hopeless case

its the same when you compare big 5 to MBTI or eysencks model and MBTI or pretty much anything that measures different things than MBTI
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

well, let's see, the S is rather obvious (I mean, your stereotypical idiotic character is certainly not going to be an N) as far as EFP is concerned, Es are considered less intellligent because they talk more and seem to think less. Feelers are considered less intelligent than Thinkers because they're less analytical and Ps are considered less intelligent because they are more impulsive (if anything, the opposite might be true. perceivers are more adapt at thinking and doing at the same time. this necessetates being able to process information quicker than a J would have to. this is simply a speculation though)