Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Perch420
    IQ tests primarily deal with logic and problem solving ability, which isn't the ESFPs strength.
    Proof? Who's to say that the same can't be said for ENFP, ISFP, or INFP?

They're not rational and are driven primarily by their emotions.
    1. Overgeneralizing.

2. Most people don't take IQ tests while letting their emotions guide them.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you said that ESFPs doesent do well on IQ test, and i said that it has nothing to do with MBTI type. do you have hard time understanding that or what are you disagreeing with?
    IQ tests for abstract reasoning. MBTI tests test for personality. People's personality largely determines their interests and likes in life. MBTI is a way to categorize people based on personality. The "ESFP" personality is people who, by definition, are fun loving thrill seekers who love the company of other people. These types of people are likely to do poorly on IQ tests because that's not where their strengths lie. What's the problem with what I'm saying?

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

The same can, and is, by me, right now, being said about all types whose strengths don't lie with abstract reasoning. INTJs do the best on IQ tests, followed by INTP, ISTP, and INFJ. All these types are either Ti-dom or Ni-dom. IQ tests are concerned with, again, abstract reasoning, which is a skill Ti and Ni-doms often have.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

personality has nothing to do with IQ... the two are not measuring anything in common... where the fuck to you get that idea?

*marks another one down in the book*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I can't believe this silly thread was brought up again after being dead for so long.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I know... why can't people leave necromancy to television?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    The same can, and is, by me, right now, being said about all types whose strengths don't lie with abstract reasoning. INTJs do the best on IQ tests, followed by INTP, ISTP, and INFJ. All these types are either Ti-dom or Ni-dom. IQ tests are concerned with, again, abstract reasoning, which is a skill Ti and Ni-doms often have.
    when you look at percentages of what type has most people with high IQ, intuition has way bigger effect for that than being thinking type. some studies show that even introversion has bigger effect, than being thinking type, but others say that being thinking type has slightly bigger effect.

anyways, this is just about how many percentages of people with high IQ are certain types, so its possible that even ISFP would have high IQ, its just that more people with high IQ are intuitives.

Other personality traits being the same, an iNtuitive person (one who grasps patterns and seeks possibilities) is 27 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Sensing person (one who focuses on sensory details and the here-and-now).

Again, other traits being the same, an Introverted person is 8 times more likely to have a high IQ than one who is Extraverted; a Thinking (logic-oriented) person is 2.5 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Feeling (people-oriented) person; and a Judging person (one who seeks closure) is about twice as likely to have a high IQ than a Perceiving person (one who likes to keep his options open).
    this makes INFP on average to have higher IQ than ISTP, even tho INFP has Te as fourth and Ti as sixth function, while ISTP is Ti dom
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    personality has nothing to do with IQ... the two are not measuring anything in common... where the fuck to you get that idea?

*marks another one down in the book*
    Of course it does. Did you see the giftedness chart posted a while back in this thread? Only 2% of ESFPs are "gifted", compared to something in the 20s for NTs.

Are you really saying that all types have the same IQ? If you do, then you're an idiot.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

did you not read my explanation of self reporting bias in the MBTI a while back? And if you think that charts and stats can't say whatever the person using them wishes for them to say I feel really, really sorry for you.

actually, I feel really sorry for you anyways, because going through life with the type of views that you hold can't be much fun for you on the friend-making and finding a SO fronts

figsfiggyfigs

ESFPs ARE idiots. You're an Idiot, WE'RE ALL IDIOTS at one point.

Last edited by figsfiggyfigs; 02-11-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: does not condon ESFP hating. I'm here for the popcorn