User Tag List

First 40484950515260 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ANYONE who's that defensive about proving their superiority is hiding something

especially if they're trying to "prove" it with the same study as one of the site's most notable billy goat eaters that is a sorry piece of work
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

My group's superiority is not my superiority. My superiority is established and independent of it. I'm just trying to ground in a fact that is truthful but everyone denies because it's offensive, which drives me up the wall. The truth is the truth, even if it's ugly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    My group's superiority is not my superiority. My superiority is established and independent of it. I'm just trying to ground in a fact that is truthful but everyone denies because it's offensive, which drives me up the wall.
    Seriously, doesn't it bug you when people think being offensive somehow deprives you of the ability to be right? :steam:
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and I'm saying that it's shoddy research and that to draw conclusions from that is to unwisely jump to conclusions

you DO know what assuming does don't you Alexsi...

I'm also saying that it's just tacky to take up the same argument as a total troll... not good politics in the least
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The thing with all this information and research is what can you trust and what is dubious, if there's an equal amount of evidence for and against a theory or idea, it can be very hard to judge good research from bad research. The research of MBTI types correlating with IQ does seem a little dubious to me. Is there any other independent research in this area?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

In a way, MBTI is just a catergorization system, you could easily divide people in 8, 35, or 127 different personality types.
    To me it works good as a theoretical model but none of these types actually "exist", they are ideal archetypes.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by MiasmaResonance View Post
    Heh. Be nice now... Lol...

Some people just don't know these things.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

garbage

I stopped paying attention when dude said that MBTI was as scientifically sound as OCEAN

(hint: a probabilistic and situation-based personality system is gonna be more reliable and accurate)

seriously, like, when that happened, my eyes just glazed over as I was scrolling through the rest of this thread

if INTJs are statistically smarter than ESFPs, then, well, we found ourselves an outlier

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    first off, you're not getting the definitions of Se and Si quite correctly- especially since you're lumping them all into one clump- Se can be quite creative and work with knowlege from everywhere- it's just tuned in more to the present than Ne is... which often manifests itself as being more concrete and down to earth since it can more easily be applied to the world around us, while Si stores data and compares, networks and contrasts with it in the back of the mind- a lot of sciences and predictions are actually based on Se and Si like principles of observation and comparison of past results
    Se's the one which reminds me to enjoy the real party at the moment it's there. Ne's the one which imagines a million alternative parties.

But what's happened to the original discussion in this thread, actually? The stupid guy in comic fiction, remember?
    I've thought about the very few funny things I've read and enjoyed... and I remembered a lot of stupid ENTPs.
    Face it. Stupid ENTPs can beat stupid ESFPs for comic action. Inventing all sorts of original solutions which never work properly, talking their heads off about their latest theory.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

watch the movie What's up, Doc
    barbara streissands character seems to be a smart ESFP.
    funny movie.