User Tag List

First 234561454 Last

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I have a good ESFP friend that, while I would say he is of average/slightly above average intelligence, lacks the cognitive process indicative of higher thought. He's the type to know many stray facts, but lacks the raw processing power.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Some of the dullest individuals I've encountered were NTJs.
    What nature of things did these individuals do to make you think that of them?

Among the XNTJs I've known have been individuals abrasive and inconsiderate, hypocritical, even narrow-minded and ignorant, but I've never known one who was unintelligent.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

"Dullness" is in the eye of the beholder, though. Hardcore Sensors find abstract issues (and thus abstract thinkers) to be hopelessly dull and boring. Likewise, Intuitors find more detail-oriented tasks dull and boring. (And personally, tasks that require extensive attention to detail give me headaches.)

And let's face it, a person with a preference for abstract thought can have interests of abstract natures that are still considered dull.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    What are you talking about?

The producers aren't writing characters based on MBTI. It comes from interaction with people. Characters are based on co-workers, colleagues, friends, enemies (maybe all hollywood producers, by some coincidence hate people who happen to be ESFP), etc. If ESFPs are stupid in real life, they're going to be portrayed as stupid on TV, because the producers know that most people want down to earth shows.

The Office comes to mind; Kelly Capoor, is particularly unintelligent. No one would really know that she's an ESFP. They just relate to either the ESFP herself, or the people around her as they also knew an overbearing loud party girl with no concern for anything outside her local stimulus.

Stereotypes might be 'wrong' but they're not always incorrect.
    When I think of ESFP I think of Abraham Lincoln.

Now, what is the rest of your post about. Hollywood characters resemble people in real life? I mean, sure, I bet the villian in dirty harry resembles a real criminal, and House resembles a real doctor, and the characters in the Boondock saints resemble real people (can you detect the sarcasm yet?).

Coincidentally, one criteria for me hating a movie/show is if it presents one personality type in a particularily biased/distorted way, or through the common cultural standpoint.

I hope you're not implying that people's bias represents reality.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, by the way. I love how this thread is illustrating that intelligence is not a scalar.
    And yes, _NTJs can be (*gasp*) stupid.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Think Eric Cartman.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    What nature of things did these individuals do to make you think that of them?

Among the XNTJs I've known have been individuals abrasive and inconsiderate, hypocritical, even narrow-minded and ignorant, but I've never known one who was unintelligent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    "Dullness" is in the eye of the beholder, though. Hardcore Sensors find abstract issues (and thus abstract thinkers) to be hopelessly dull and boring. Likewise, Intuitors find more detail-oriented tasks dull and boring. (And personally, tasks that require extensive attention to detail give me headaches.)

And let's face it, a person with a preference for abstract thought can have interests of abstract natures that are still considered dull.
    Lads, it was a self-deprecating statement.

I'm an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Oh, by the way. I love how this thread is illustrating that intelligence is not a scalar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Lads, it was a self-deprecating statement.
    I asked of genuine interest. For the sake of being PC, people frequently point out that SPs can be dumb but, hey, NTs can be dumb too! Yet outside of citing cartoon characters no one has ever posted any details of a genuinely unintelligent NT they've known.

I've known NTs who are many undesirable things, but unintelligent has never once been one of them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Think Eric Cartman.
    but cartman is such a fucking genius...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    My eldest sister is ESFP. I have never known anyone to have greater or more indepth knowledge of Victorian London and the Jack the Ripper case than she does.
    Really? Who does she think did it? My money is on either Kosminksi, Kaminsky, La Bruckman, Hutchinson or Unknown Male.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.