First 2230313233344282 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    It depends on whether or not I'm willing to spend a disproportionate amount of time arguing with cretins, like I'm already doing on this thread.
    When the only people left bothering to argue with you are NPs, and the NTJs have resorted to filling up your thread with crude sexual jokes instead of seriously entertaining any of your ideas, you can rest assured they've already decided you're so far off base that you're not even worth responding to anymore.

Case in point: This thread.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    Actually, INXJs are, by nature, irrational when perceiving information because they envision their own thoughts as outliers to what most others see. INTJs in particular must exert themselves by using empirical logic when assembling information. This way, they strive to create a clear and concise world-view; but they tend to reject anything that doesn't coincide with what they have already mantled. Which is exactly what you have been doing. You would have to come across a bit of information that undoes what you previously held to be true, thus metamorphosizing all data.
    I don't see how this is irrational. We all build knowledge upon previously acquired knowledge.

For some reason, people assume that Ps are more analytical than Js, when this is not the case at all. NTJs analyze and consider theories at least at the same frequency as NTPs, but where we differ is in the fact that as Js, we discriminate between different theories and attempt to utilize those deemed the most accurate. Ps tend to seek alternative methods and are more inclined to spend time thinking over each individual theory in its own right instead of applying it to a greater theory or goal.

On the other hand, ENTPs are more rational because they are constantly perceiving new information, regardless of whether it is empirically evident or not. After all, we can't wedge the cosmos in our minds as human beings, can we?

Of course you were referring to the rational temperament, but whatever.
    ENTPs can perceive all the information they want, but if they don't know how to apply that information in a logical and consistent manner, it's useless.

Judging from your posts, you seem narcissistic. How do I come to this conclusion?

Because you view ENTPs as the "weakest" of the NTs, and since they are apparently the weakest, INTPs must be one notch higher. Where you value ENTJs, I'm not sure. However, it is evident that you view INTJs generally as the "strongest", juxtaposed to the rest of the NTs. Since you view "NT" intelligence as the only intelligence, you must concede that the rest of the temperaments are intellectually inferior.
    I suppose if this particular view makes me "narcissistic," then so be it.

But of course, there are multiple intelligences - those of which you are unaware because of your "predisposed slate" of cognitive orientation. Because you are unaware of them, being an INTJ, your assumptions about intelligence are dissolved to mere personal accounts. These personal accounts are only evaluated when you compare your own intelligence to others'. Naturally, you hold the conviction that your ways of processing patterns are superior because you are you, and only you know what you want. You don't know what others desire or how they formulate their actions - regardless of their functional preference.
    What are the "multiple" intelligences? By that, don't assume that I don't know of which "intelligences" you refer (interpersonal, logical-mathematical, bodily-kinesthetic, etc.); namely, those proposed by Dr. Howard Gardner. The problem with this is that I either, 1) incorporate most of those intelligences in my own definition, and 2) wouldn't classify some of them as "intelligences," but rather preferences and skills.

Take for example bodily-kinesthetic "intelligence," which affects one's ability to execute bodily movements with greater aptitude; in other words, "sports intelligence." The problem with this is twofold:

1) People are limited by their bodily structure; some people are more adept than others simply because of their own genetic endowments.

2) Some non-human animals, like monkeys, are far more agile and reflexive than I am, and a monkey (arboreal) has a far better intuitive grasp for tree climbing than I do, but I wouldn't consider a monkey more intelligent than me.

For a good portion of my life, I meandered about as an INFP thinking that I was intellectually superior
    HAH!

to my peers because I made better decisions, held better grades, and retained information better than most folk.
    I laughed.

However, what constitutes "better" has yet to be evaluated, as preference is highly subjective and personal. As myself, I cannot determine the value of anothers' intelligence; nor can I measure the immeasurable worth of a human being. So, for closure's sake, I treat everyone how I would treat myself as equals - even though it may not be empirically evident that they are equal in any sense of the word.
    Ultimately everything is subjective due to the fact that we perceive it, but most reasonable people define objective criteria for dealing with the world.

But I digress, you never equated intellectual worth with human worth. That is an intuitive leap that I am making.
    No, of course intellect alone doesn't determine human worth.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    When the only people left bothering to argue with you are NPs, and the NTJs have resorted to filling up your thread with crude sexual jokes instead of seriously entertaining any of your ideas, you can rest assured they've already decided you're so far off base that you're not even worth responding to anymore.

Case in point: This thread.
    The crude sexual jokes were made by only one INTJ.

How do you know that the rest don't actually agree with my opinions, or most of my opinions, but would rather refrain from commenting?
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

On the other hand, ENTPs are more rational because they are constantly perceiving new information, regardless of whether it is empirically evident or not. After all, we can't wedge the cosmos in our minds as human beings, can we?
    I'm not sure I'd call ENTPs any more rational than INTJs--let's not forget that, in Jung's terminology, types leading a perceiving function are called "irrational." In terms of pure, theoretical logical consistency, INTPs tend to be superior. In terms of application, ENTJs win the day. As Thinking dominants, both types are more "rational" in Jung's terms than either N-leading type.

INTJs are obv the best at everything though.

Judging from your posts, you seem narcissistic. How do I come to this conclusion?

Because you view ENTPs as the "weakest" of the NTs, and since they are apparently the weakest, INTPs must be one notch higher. Where you value ENTJs, I'm not sure. However, it is evident that you view INTJs generally as the "strongest", juxtaposed to the rest of the NTs. Since you view "NT" intelligence as the only intelligence, you must concede that the rest of the temperaments are intellectually inferior.
    This. His posts are dripping with "My perspective is obviously better than everyone's" syndrome and he hasn't even grasped the relativity of his own cognitive biases yet. Typology n00b.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How do you know that the rest don't actually agree with my opinions, or most of my opinions, but would rather refrain from commenting?
    Well I mean, it's pretty much implied because you're making ridiculous claims.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJs are obv the best at everything though.

This. His posts are dripping with "My perspective is obviously better than everyone's" syndrome and he hasn't even grasped the relativity of his own cognitive biases yet. Typology n00b.
    I've studied Myers-Briggs typology for at least three years, and have studied personality typing for even longer. I wouldn't consider myself a "typology n00b."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

The crude sexual jokes were made by only one INTJ.

Because I've made almost 5,000 posts on this forum and I'm familiar enough with the regular NTJ posters to know when you're being ignored because your ideas are too boring to give serious consideration to. As for Edgar, he would have given you a serious response if your posts merited any.

And Jaguar openly stated his disagreement with the idea that non-NT forms of intelligence are less significant or less legitimately intelligent:

Many of us, unfortunately, also have a nasty habit of dismissing all non-NT forms of intelligence as trivial or nonexistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Those of us who actually are intelligent NTs, don't do stupid shit like that.
    What you don't seem to grasp is the entire point of typology is to overcome the mentality that your type is better than everyone else's and recognize the proportional strengths and weaknesses of different cognitive styles.

This requires getting over the delusion that your type's perspective is fundamentally superior. Since you have yet to achieve step 1, the NTJs who know this topic are simply not going to bother engaging you seriously until you stop using typology as an excuse to build your ego about your own cognitive strengths. (NTPs just enjoy arguing enough to shoot you down purely for entertainment purposes--NTJs usually need to think they're going to accomplish something by correcting you, and evidently, in this case, they don't.)

Lesson one: Every type has significant weaknesses proportional to its strengths. Half your posts are hilariously typical INTJ-stuck-in-narcissistic-self-perception stereotypes. That's why this is so funny!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I wouldn't consider myself a "typology n00b."
    Just an in-general n00b, thats all. As we all are in some way. And that's OK.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I've studied Myers-Briggs typology for at least three years, and have studied personality typing for even longer. I wouldn't consider myself a "typology n00b."
    Apparently you've understood it as more of a tool for justifying your grandiose misplaced arrogance and feeling better than others than as a way of expanding your perspective.

I find that all the study in the world doesn't make much difference when you've built your entire understanding on faulty premises.

MBTI
    INTJ

Because I've made almost 5,000 posts on this forum and I'm familiar enough with the regular NTJ posters to know when you're being ignored because your ideas are too boring to give serious consideration to. As for Edgar, he would have given you a serious response if your posts merited any.

And Jaguar openly stated his disagreement with the idea that non-NT forms of intelligence are less significant or less legitimately intelligent:

What you don't seem to grasp is the entire point of typology is to overcome the mentality that your type is better than everyone else's and recognize the proportional strengths and weaknesses of different cognitive styles.

This requires getting over the delusion that your type's perspective is fundamentally superior. Since you have yet to achieve step 1, the NTJs who know this topic are simply not going to bother engaging you seriously until you stop using typology as an excuse to build your ego about your own cognitive strengths. (NTPs just enjoy arguing enough to shoot you down purely for entertainment purposes--NTJs usually need to think they're going to accomplish something by correcting you, and evidently, in this case, they don't.)

Lesson one: Every type has significant weaknesses proportional to its strengths. Half your posts are hilariously typical INTJ-stuck-in-narcissistic-self-perception stereotypes. That's why this is so funny!
    Whether or not the other INTJs agree with me is not something I care about. Like I've already stated: they're either with me or against me.
    —Bonaparte