User Tag List

First 1422232425263474 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 847

  1. #231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    they are not stupid. they just apply themselves in ways that are usually perceived as unimportant by the society.

    unimportant transitions to dumb and dumb translates to stupid

  2. #232
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Two of my fave ppl growing up were ESFP's and clever (friend and an aunt), though I don't read any rule into this, it's just a coincedence. But for this reason I never held to the aforementioned stereotype.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  3. #233
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    I don't understand why there is so much support for ESFPs on this thread.

    It's a hideous type.

    Logic used to defend ESFPs: "lolz mah bes frrand is n ESFP n she beez smurtz."

    All ESFPs I've known have been stupid, be it in terms of sheer intelligence or their actions.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  4. #234
    Senior Member BlueinGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Sure, sure, but the stupid comedy character has to fulfill more requirements than just being stupid. They have to show it. They have to land themselves in a mess because of their stupidity. They have to make a bigger mess trying to solve their first problem. Maybe a stupid ESFP is the right fit for this role...

    However...

    I can see a stupid, extreme J following his plan to the letter even if circumstances change. Could be funny too.
    Oh, and it can be hilarious when it's not infuriating, based on the one male esfj I know, but this isn't really a general esfj situation, as he's f*cking psycho and therefore a deviation from the norm

    Also, at this point I recommend that other users stop dignifying Lex Talionis with a response; he's either a remarkably persistent troll or psycho/delusional.

  5. #235
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    I think it depends on the enneagram. ESFP 3s, 7s and 8s are typically the ones that strike us the @#$%^@#$% they are...

    Other ennegram ESFPs though, are typically alright, because they have the energy level that only an ESFP could have, yet they dont have as many of the enneagram 3, 7, 8 flaws

  6. #236
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I don't understand why there is so much support for ESFPs on this thread.

    It's a hideous type.

    Logic used to defend ESFPs: "lolz mah bes frrand is n ESFP n she beez smurtz."

    All ESFPs I've known have been stupid, be it in terms of sheer intelligence or their actions.

    My ESFP brother is smarter than me. My ESFP sister is as smart as me. Their life paths are very different, likely related to Se, but having nothing to do with innate IQ.

    I work with an ESFP who leads an awesome team as he gives them the freedom to contribute and also develops a sense of dedication

  7. #237
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I don't understand why there is so much support for ESFPs on this thread.

    It's a hideous type.

    Logic used to defend ESFPs: "lolz mah bes frrand is n ESFP n she beez smurtz."

    All ESFPs I've known have been stupid, be it in terms of sheer intelligence or their actions.
    You have a point - "I know a smart ESFP so ESFPs aren't stupid" is not a valid argument. However...

    How many ESFPs do you know? Give some statistics before you generalise.
    Moreover, how do you know they are ESFPs? If you've got the idea 'ESFP stupid' you'll automatically(*) bias yourself to collect data which support that these.
    (*) I'm not saying you're cheating. It's an automatic reaction. Everybody does that. You've got to be really careful in order to avoid that bias. That's why double-blind tests were invented.

    For the ESFPs: if you're still searching for ESFP heroes in fiction, Dickon from The Secret Garden (F.H. Burnett) is probably one
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  8. #238
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    My ESFP brother is smarter than me. My ESFP sister is as smart as me. Their life paths are very different, likely related to Se, but having nothing to do with innate IQ.

    I work with an ESFP who leads an awesome team as he gives them the freedom to contribute and also develops a sense of dedication
    You're an ENFP, so I'm not inclined to take your word on who is and who isn't intelligent very seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    You have a point - "I know a smart ESFP so ESFPs aren't stupid" is not a valid argument. However...

    How many ESFPs do you know? Give some statistics before you generalise.
    Moreover, how do you know they are ESFPs? If you've got the idea 'ESFP stupid' you'll automatically(*) bias yourself to collect data which support that these.
    (*) I'm not saying you're cheating. It's an automatic reaction. Everybody does that. You've got to be really careful in order to avoid that bias. That's why double-blind tests were invented.

    For the ESFPs: if you're still searching for ESFP heroes in fiction, Dickon from The Secret Garden (F.H. Burnett) is probably one
    No matter how many ESFPs I know, it would still be anecdotal evidence for me to use that as part of my argument. However, I haven't used anecodtal evidence as part of my argument, only as a reference point for my opinions.

    I ackowledge that ultimately my criticism of ESFPs is subjective, but I've made an attempt to give you some good objective reasons for why I think so; they are visible throughout this thread.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  9. #239
    Senior Member InfiniteIntrigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    You're an ENFP, so I'm not inclined to take your word on who is and who isn't intelligent very seriously.
    LOL times one million. I wonder if people see me as arrogant as I see you. No, I'm joking.

    I can definitely understand why you wouldn't like an ESFP. My best friend is an ESFP and as much as I love her, she can drive me crazy. In general, it comes down to the fact that Extroverts tend to be loud, Sensors tend to be very active in the world, Feelers can be ridiculous when it comes to the use of logic and Perceivers can be so damn indecisive!

    Still, any type is potentially annoying / stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

  10. #240
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteIntrigue View Post
    LOL times one million. I wonder if people see me as arrogant as I see you. No, I'm joking.

    I can definitely understand why you wouldn't like an ESFP. My best friend is an ESFP and as much as I love her, she can drive me crazy. In general, it comes down to the fact that Extroverts tend to be loud, Sensors tend to be very active in the world, Feelers can be ridiculous when it comes to the use of logic and Perceivers can be so damn indecisive!

    Still, any type is potentially annoying / stupid.
    Well, since you're an INTJ (and have partially agreed with me), I'll accept your opinion and won't offer a counter argument.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] The ESFP haters thread
    By King sns in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM
  2. [ESFP] ESFP Quote Of The Day
    By Mal12345 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
  3. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 02:12 PM
  5. [MBTItm] ESFP/ENFP - how to get the ESFP off the ENFP?
    By Twixt in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO