User Tag List

First 1119202122233171 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Amen
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_Siren View Post
    I thought S stood for sensing, not stupid. Are ballerinas, musicians, sculptors innately stupid just because they aren't big on NT?

I'd scratch my head again, but this thread has already made my scalp raw.
    It all kind of depends on your definition of 'stupid'. Some folks believe that lack of NT makes one stupid. And while that might be accurate on a limited level (i.e. the NT in questions areas of expertise), the reality is that on the whole it isn't true.

Human intelligence has a wide range.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    I've noticed a trend in television sitcoms for "stupid" characters to be ESFPs.
    Notably, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Joey Tribbiani and Kelly Bundy.

Obviously this a stereotype unfounded in reality, but what is it about ESFPs that makes Hollywood writers make them stupid characters, or alternatively make stupid characters into ESFPs?
    It's because many ESFP's pattern their lives after being perceived as clowns. Often, however, they are far from stupid......they just wish to be seen as entertaining, not smart. They derive their self-esteem by their ability to keep an audience.

My best friend is an ESFP.....and he's more than equal to the task of keeping up with my most abstract discussions (of course he's been my friend since high school so he's used to it).

But most folks who know him merely as that big funny guy who acts like John Belushi in Animal House.....and he's fine with that.......he loves that he's the life of the party, not the brains of the operation.

So in that since it's not an unfounded stereotype......but it's not because they are stupid, just that they don't care if they are perceived as stupid IF they are also perceived as talented at entertaining people.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post
    It's because many ESFP's pattern their lives after being perceived as clowns. Often, however, they are far from stupid......they just wish to be seen as entertaining, not smart. They derive their self-esteem by their ability to keep an audience. My best friend is an ESFP.....and he's more than equal to the task of keeping up with my most abstract discussions (of course he's been my friend since high school so he's used to it).

But most folks who know him merely as that big funny guy who acts like John Belushi in Animal House.....and he's fine with that.......he loves that he's the life of the party, not the brains of the operation.

So in that since it's not an unfounded stereotype......but it's not because they are stupid, just that they don't care if they are perceived as stupid IF they are also perceived as talented at entertaining people.

I feel that way..
    Though no one's ever called me stupid, or questioned my intelligence, so I've never been in a position to try to prove it or care what other's thought. Its just never come up.

Well.
    Till now.
    Kind of.
    Indirectly.

Sometimes its the opposite.
    People trying to copy off my test and using me as a study crutch and asking advice and sneering at my grades and stuff. While I don't mind being called smart, I'd rather be seen as funny, a good friend, entertaining, fun, etc. I'd just rather be loveable!!

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    One man's real life observation of four people: no control, no variables, no set questions, no set tests... no definition of "stupidity" "utter moron" or "thinking chain." No clear definition of esfp even.

Perhaps if this now qualifies as a "study", then the entire science of statistical analysis should become obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_Siren View Post
    I thought S stood for sensing, not stupid. Are ballerinas, musicians, sculptors innately stupid just because they aren't big on NT?

I'd scratch my head again, but this thread has already made my scalp raw.
    I'm sure the S millionaires are glad they aren't NTs on welfare.

Tch. People, you should understand that you're intelligent ONLY if you choose a username like... hm, let's see, 'Occam's razor', 'Tetricus II' or 'Social discontinuity', you use an emperor or a philosopher as your avatar, then start spreading bullshit about connections between your tuna sandwich and the New World Order. This way you can compensate for your inferiority complex AND make everyone else look stupid despite the fact that you're an incompatible chipmunk constantly bullied IRL

Connecting a tuna sandwich and a New World Order.
    What a riot.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

hahahahaha...

I'm emperor shorty INTJ of the eighteenth empire.
    The new world order Big Brother is dumping gallons and gallons of brainwash juice in the ocean, people, and then publishing brochures that say that tuna is good for you. Cooincidence????????

See? Now you're the cleverestest in the forum.
    I bow before thee, Dame Short