First 917181920212969 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I've been telling jokers SFs are smart for awhile. They don't care.
    You're right. It's pretty much pointless, since the entire point of trying to say that any type is stupid, (or otherwise inadequate) to begin with is to make themselves feel better about their own abilities. It's difficult to make valid arguments against people who are debating using facts and evidence that came from the debris that's flowing from their ass.

And well, honestly, when you're intelligent, you're intelligent. When you're not, you're not. And there's not much that anyone can say or do to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    It's difficult to make valid arguments against people who are debating using facts and evidence that came from the debris that's flowing from their ass.

And well, honestly, when you're intelligent, you're intelligent. When you're not, you're not. And there's not much that anyone can say or do to change that.

The future is for the unafraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    It's funny that the title of this thread is "The ESFP "stupid" myth," when in reality, the so called "myth" is based after direct observation in the real world.

Let's face it, ESFPs are predisposed to stupidity, and there is no use defending them. They are shallow, linear minded, unoriginal in every way, tasteless, clearly lack abstract reasoning and don't care for it at all (sure sign of somebody with an insufficient critical thinking ability, it just doesn't exist for them!), and are "intelligent" only in the most practical of ways.... [blah blah blah]
    How are my facts "supposed"? They are entirely derived from observation and inference. Stating that my facts are "supposed" because you dislike them is "non-NT-like."...
    The first quote is what I was answering with my posts.

MBTI
    ESTJ

SF types should to have the lowest mathematics intelligence, but taking in account other cognitive sectors, their overall intelligence is conventional.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default Peter Griffin = S??

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    I've noticed a trend in television sitcoms for "stupid" characters to be ESFPs.
    Notably, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Joey Tribbiani and Kelly Bundy.
    I'm sure someone has said this already, and I really don't mean to knit-pick, but Peter Griffin is most certainly ENFP. The way he vocalizes his crazy, ridiculous connections is pretty much a textbook example of N. "Like that time when..." Also, he is NOT concrete or 'feet-on-the-floor' with ANYTHING he does; he's always got his head in the clouds, constantly creating these silly inferences and abstract connections between two totally unrelated things. That's definitely dominant Ne at work...

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    I'm sure someone has said this already, and I really don't mean to knit-pick, but Peter Griffin is most certainly ENFP. The way he vocalizes his crazy, ridiculous connections is pretty much a textbook example of N. "Like that time when..." Also, he is NOT concrete or 'feet-on-the-floor' with ANYTHING he does; he's always got his head in the clouds, constantly creating these silly inferences and abstract connections between two totally unrelated things. That's definitely dominant Ne at work...
    Pretty much every main character on the show is a XNXP if you look at it like that.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Just to add contrast to the anecdotal evidence of the pervasiveness of supposedly "smart" ESFPs, I will bring in some anecdotal evidence of my own: I know at least four proven ESFPs (which I have informally managed to test), all of whom are complete and utter morons, who albeit putting up a pretty front, are at the lower end of the thinking chain. Whatever they amount to in life external of social pretense, will never be due to their ESFP skills.

Eh, are you somehow implying that because I have not personally met every single ESFP, I cannot judge them based on their general characteristics as described both by Myer-Briggs and supported by my real life observation? I'm afraid that with your logic, the entire science of statistical analysis would become obsolete.
    One man's real life observation of four people: no control, no variables, no set questions, no set tests... no definition of "stupidity" "utter moron" or "thinking chain." No clear definition of esfp even.

Perhaps if this now qualifies as a "study", then the entire science of statistical analysis should become obsolete.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    One man's real life observation of four people: no control, no variables, no set questions, no set tests... no definition of "stupidity" "utter moron" or "thinking chain." No clear definition of esfp even.

Perhaps if this now qualifies as a "study", then the entire science of statistical analysis should become obsolete.
    I'll go tell the NT's it's all over *Runs off to The Rationale*
    =universal solution

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I don't think most types are significantly correlated to intelligence, [...] Any statistics anyone can use in response to this can be thrown out as you never really know if people are typed correctly.
    One of the few intelligent responses in this entire thread.
    The future is for the unafraid.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    Agree. Definitely ENP. Although I've been questioning the F recently.