Say hello to my little friend.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I find that SF types (just like NF types) have a difficult time orienting themselves, generally due to the fact that they don't know how to consider anything objectively.
    I really do think that sometimes you're just trolling. Honestly. Do you have anything to back this up? A book written by some guy that looks down on SFs just like you do? One ESFP that picked on you in high school that you "objectively" base every SF off of?

Please.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I really do think that sometimes you're just trolling. Honestly. Do you have anything to back this up? A book written by some guy that looks down on SFs just like you do? One ESFP that picked on you in high school that you "objectively" base every SF off of?

Please.
    I'm trolling because I'm stating facts and/or opinions which you dislike?

Are you serious?

I have no problem with SFs, and find them quite agreeable in their own respects. In this case I'm addressing ESFPs, since that's who the thread is about, but ISFPs are not exactly the same, and neither are the SFJs. I'm stating the shared properties of the SF group, not my own feelings on the matter.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When I saw your response you didn't put NFs as well... But YES I'm inclined to agree that a lot of Fs don't consider anything objectively, but lots of Fs also try to be objective and work toward that... so yeah.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

I'm trolling because I'm stating facts and/or opinions which you dislike?
    Ugh, what a disgrace to our kind... >_>
    Can I switch types please?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    Upon meeting me, the first impression is of someone bouncy, emotional, silly, always on the go -- the typical ESFP. It doesn't mean I'm not intelligent, it only means I don't use intelligence as my preferred way of dealing with the world -- I use Se and Fi, with the IQ-type of intelligence a secondary preference. I wonder how many so-called non-intelligent ESFPs are in the same situation I'm in -- showing one side, having the other hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Ugh, what a disgrace to our kind... >_>
    Can I switch types please?

I don't blame you.
    That person's posts are pathetic.

Nice anecdotal evidence. Your ESFP "logic" is truly shining here.

I'll say it one more time: your ESFP side is not helping you in these subjects. It's more likely that you have a well developed NT. Do you score over 80% on all of your preferences?
    Since you implied that *all* ESFPs are not as intellectually bright as NTs, I needed just one example to prove you wrong. Normally I wouldn't use such weak evidence to prove anything, but the logic of it is perfect for your non-NT-like supposed facts about intelligence.

I do have a well-developed NT, do score close to the middle of ESF, but I'm still an SF, no doubt about it. Unless you've done extensive research in this area, you have no idea if S, or even F, are helping. One IQ test I took was the normal logic/math/vocabulary type, the other started with a story read to the group, followed by "this pattern is to this pattern as this pattern is to _____," made up entirely of complex pictures, and ending with questions about the story. I scored the same on both tests, but it's possible the second test would have captured more of an SF's intelligence without being intellectually "less" in any way. With the former type of IQ test, it's possible an SF could pull up their vocabulary score by having done extensive reading and an NT could score higher on the logic/math section.

I changed my AV to a picture of an ESFP, complete with cap, graduating from college.

MBTI
    INTJ

Since you implied that *all* ESFPs are not as intellectually bright as NTs, I needed just one example to prove you wrong. Normally I wouldn't use such weak evidence to prove anything, but the logic of it is perfect for your non-NT-like supposed facts about intelligence.
    I have never claimed that all NTs are more intelligent than all SFs. What I have asserted - and I stand by this firmly - is that NT is more suitable for classical intelligence than SF, which is especially true for ESFPs. The title of this thread is the "ESFP "stupid" myth," and my only attempt was to prove that it wasn't a "myth" but was instead founded on solid evidence.

How are my facts "supposed"? They are entirely derived from observation and inference. Stating that my facts are "supposed" because you dislike them is "non-NT-like."

I do have a well-developed NT, do score close to the middle of ESF, but I'm still an SF, no doubt about it.
    Thank you for proving my point.

Unless you've done extensive research in this area, you have no idea if S, or even F, are helping.
    They generally aren't helping. S can help you in terms of core knowledge and perhaps in visuospatial intelligence, but what can F do?

This is not to say that all F types are "stupid," only to make it a point that F is not suitable for core reasoning and understanding.

One IQ test I took was the normal logic/math/vocabulary type, the other started with a story read to the group, followed by "this pattern is to this pattern as this pattern is to _____," made up entirely of complex pictures, and ending with questions about the story. I scored the same on both tests, but it's possible the second test would have captured more of an SF's intelligence without being intellectually "less" in any way. With the former type of IQ test, it's possible an SF could pull up their vocabulary score by having done extensive reading and an NT could score higher on the logic/math section.
    Take the Raven's Progressive Matrices test, it is the most effective in measuring abstract reasoning.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INxJ

I'm clearly an ESFP in real life, have in the past belonged to the IQ clubs Mensa and Intertel (top 2% and top 1%), and so far in college I've received straight A's (including in the so-called "N" classes such as English lit., philosophy, logic and math).
    I've been telling jokers SFs are smart for awhile. They don't care.