User Tag List

First 715161718192767 Last

I found this site while googling ESFP and registered so I could comment on this thread.

I'm clearly an ESFP in real life, have in the past belonged to the IQ clubs Mensa and Intertel (top 2% and top 1%), and so far in college I've received straight A's (including in the so-called "N" classes such as English lit., philosophy, logic and math). My ex-boyfriend is clearly an ESTP and has a masters in civil engineering from Stanford University. Even though neither of us has the special N that seems to be needed for intelligence, we've managed to stumble through both our N and S classes.

My husband is an INTJ, has a B.S. in math, and he turns to me for logic issues. I was the top student out of a class of 30 in my college logic class. And btw, that doesn't automatically mean I'm an NT, it means I prefer ESFP but have a higher IQ, per tests, than my husband. He has gifts stronger than mine in other areas, including carrying projects through to completion.

Upon meeting me, the first impression is of someone bouncy, emotional, silly, always on the go -- the typical ESFP. It doesn't mean I'm not intelligent, it only means I don't use intelligence as my preferred way of dealing with the world -- I use Se and Fi, with the IQ-type of intelligence a secondary preference. I wonder how many so-called non-intelligent ESFPs are in the same situation I'm in -- showing one side, having the other hidden.

Here's one example of a weakness... Though I can understand everything said, I can't, on my own, go as deeply into ideas as some N's when it comes to such subjects as English lit. I can keep up with the best when it comes to the precise meaning of a piece of literature, but that's it, after a few pages I've said what needs to be said and have trouble picking up on some of the nuances.

I don't know what the average IQ is of ESFPs, but to look at them as stupid until proven intelligent is insulting to potentially millions of people.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone -- or almost everyone.
    Last edited by Suzanne; 10-04-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

i agree 100%
    your personality doesnt reflect your intelegence. People who believe that are highly mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Einstein - ESFP

/thread
    Einstein - INTP

ESFP? What a joke...
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    I found this site while googling ESFP and registered so I could comment on this thread.

I'm clearly an ESFP in real life, have in the past belonged to the IQ clubs Mensa and Intertel (top 2% and top 1%), and so far in college I've received straight A's (including in the so-called "N" classes such as English lit., philosophy, logic and math). My ex-boyfriend is clearly an ESTP and has a masters in civil engineering from Stanford University. Even though neither of us has the special N that seems to be needed for intelligence, we've managed to stumble through both our N and S classes.

Upon meeting me, the first impression is of someone bouncy, emotional, silly, always on the go -- the typical ESFP. It doesn't mean I'm not intelligent, it only means I don't use intelligence as my preferred way of dealing with the world -- I use Se and Fi, with the IQ-type of intelligence a secondary preference. I wonder how many so-called non-intelligent ESFPs are in the same situation I'm in -- showing one side, having the other hidden.

Here's one example of a weakness... Though I can understand everything said, I can't, on my own, go as deeply into ideas as some N's when it comes to such subjects as English lit. I can keep up with the best when it comes to the precise meaning of a piece of literature, but that's it, after a few pages I've said what needs to be said and have trouble picking up on some of the nuances.

I don't know what the average IQ is of ESFPs, but to look at them as stupid until proven intelligent is insulting to potentially millions of people.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone -- or almost everyone.
    Nice anecdotal evidence. Your ESFP "logic" is truly shining here.

I'll say it one more time: your ESFP side is not helping you in these subjects. It's more likely that you have a well developed NT. Do you score over 80% on all of your preferences?

I find that SF types (just like NF types) have a difficult time orienting themselves, generally due to the fact that they don't know how to consider anything objectively.

My husband is an INTJ, has a B.S. in math, and he turns to me for logic issues. I was the top student out of a class of 30 in my college logic class. And btw, that doesn't automatically mean I'm an NT, it means I prefer ESFP but have a higher IQ, per tests, than my husband. He has gifts stronger than mine in other areas, including carrying projects through to completion.
    Because an INTJ turns to you to bounce off his logical queries, it means that you're the superior logician? The method of dialectics was invented for this very reason.

This is too much...
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    i agree 100%
    your personality doesnt reflect your intelegence. People who believe that are highly mistaken.
    Personality may not affect your raw intelligence (i.e. processing power), but it can certainly influence your behavior and application of this intelligence (i.e. command prompt.)

It's just common sense, to be honest. In fact, I believe that personality is almost equal with intelligence when it comes to real world accomplishment.

An NT with an IQ of 140 will be more suitable for abstract theorems than an SF with the same IQ.

Read "Personality and Intelligence" by Robert J. Sternberg.
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Nice anecdotal evidence. Your ESFP "logic" is truly shining here.

I'll say it one more time: your ESFP side is not helping you in these subjects. It's more likely that you have a well developed NT. Do you score over 80% on all of your preferences?

I find that SF types (just like NF types) have a difficult time orienting themselves, generally due to the fact that they don't know how to consider anything objectively.
    I think her main point was to prove that ESFPs can be intelligent, and from her post, she did a good job in showing that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I grow up I want to be an INTJ so I can be just like Lex Talionis and not an icky, stupid ESFP.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    When I grow up I want to be an INTJ so I can be just like Lex Talionis and not an icky, stupid ESFP.
    Yes, we all strive to reach that perfect Talionus pinnacle, alas, few of us if any ever reach it.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I think her main point was to prove that ESFPs can be intelligent, and from her post, she did a good job in showing that.
    Some INTJs like Lex are too socially subjective to pick up on these kinds of things.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I for one find this thread to be both enlightening and irritating.

Lets end this fantastically horrible game, eh?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn