• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

tosh.0

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

daniel tosh

ENTP?

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTP or ESTP. I wouldnt count out Entp. Mainly because he sounds the same as if I were to do stand up. He rambles and is extremely harsh.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
An obvious ESTP. Nothing ENTP about him.

I disagree. I see Ne in his material, he just uses a lot of real scenarios. Which of course isn't off bounds for ENTPs. Did you see his first comedy central 30 minute special? Pretty Ne, the way he jumps around (see the adventure to his bathroom bit). It doesn't look like he thinks things through before he says them, he just finds the thing that will sting hardest and immediately runs with it. That could be Se.

then again I think every comedian is ENTP.

NO EXCEPTIONS

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP, but it's possible ENTP, he just isn't weird enough.

redacted

ENTP. The humor is so meta.

edit: just listened through "true stories i made up"...very clear N imo.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hm. Must be one of the few ENTPs whom I find extremely annoying and unfunny.

:(

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Where are you guys getting entp for tosh? His delivery's too flaccid, material's embarrassingly and consistently sour breastmilk awful. enfp.

I have Louis CK pegged as an infp. so/sp 5w4.

Dingaling.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Where are you guys getting entp for tosh? His delivery's too flaccid, material's embarrassingly and consistently sour breastmilk awful. enfp.

Dingaling.

well trolled, sir.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
What do you think of Louis CK? ENTP also. They both have really in your face humor.

They're my fav. two comedians.

Funny you mention him. There are times where I find his comedy so on point and I can't stop laughing and I don't think there is anyone funnier, but then there are other times where I feel as if he's pandering too much to his (target) audience. I feel as though he sometimes uses offensive language not to make an insightful observation, but to trivialize something than probably shouldn't be reduced to a punch line.

He has done some good, though. I don't mean to bash him or his work, as I do like it as a whole.

My favorite comic Hari Kondabolu is a ENTP (I think). In one of his interviews, he said he admires comedy that is "honest and kicks upward" instead of the kind that beats down on people who are vulnerable. That's what I like, that's the kind of humor that moves me.

No way. They're both so TiFe it huuuurts.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What do you think of Louis CK? ENTP also. They both have really in your face humor.

They're my fav. two comedians.

Yeah he's great. I'd say ENTP. His whole act is that he hates people or any extroverting at all, and has terrible Fe.... but IRL indicates ENTP. Same with his joke writing. And to write the best "I suck at Fe" humor, you need a little Fe.

Funny you mention him. There are times where I find his comedy so on point and I can't stop laughing and I don't think there is anyone funnier, but then there are other times where I feel as if he's pandering too much to his (target) audience. I feel as if he sometimes uses offensive language not to make an insightful observation, but to trivialize something than probably shouldn't be reduced to a punch line.

He has done some good, though. I don't mean to bash him or his work, as I do like it as a whole.

Yep he dumbs his stuff down sometimes. It's a rule/joke amongst comics that you can't go a few minutes without mentioning "dick" or "cock" at least once.

But that clip you showed from his new show, that's really a kinda high-brow and surreal comedic show, considering it's on FX. I've watched every episode.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No way. They're both so TiFe it huuuurts.

It only hurtz cuz you're wrong.

I'd consider CK an intj if not infp. To deny his sneering Fi is blasphemy.

The tosh guy does nothing but settle. Signs of an enfp. Either way, don't care.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep he dumbs his stuff down sometimes. It's a rule/joke amongst comics that you can't go a few minutes without mentioning "dick" or "cock" at least once.

Yeah, I know the joke. It still annoys me, though.

But that clip you showed from his new show, that's really a kinda high-brow and surreal comedic show, considering it's on FX. I've watched every episode.

That's the thing. I've never once seen it on FX.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Girls still laugh at those jokes too, I notice! Can't just blame the perv guys. ;)

I wouldn't care if Christ found them funny (doubt he does, btw). I still think they're trite, among other things.

I just Hulu it, FX is pretty much trash. Did you see the one on his interracial "relationship"?

No, I don't think so. Unless you mean the one where he harasses the black checkout girl and follows her home. Then, yeah, I have.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
ENTP. The humor is so meta.

edit: just listened through "true stories i made up"...very clear N imo.

I'd be wary of saying the humor is meta.

You might be bringing the meta into it yourself; he might just be experiencing it and stating it.

I thought he was definitely an ETP, and probably ENTP, but, upon watching "Completely Serious" from 2007, and some discussion with my gf, we concluded on ESTP.

I understand why people would think ENTP, but these same people should also consider ESTP, and watch him as if his comedy is potentially high in Se.

I mean, look at his eyes:

220px-Daniel_Tosh_-_photo_by_Laura_Harward.jpg

I'd consider CK an intj if not infp. To deny his sneering Fi is blasphemy.

That's exactly how I feel.

Actually, same day as watching that Daniel Tosh show, we watched one or two Louis C.K. ones, and we both said, "Probably INFP... but maybe INTJ??"