• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Invader Zim

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I just recently got into this, though I'd seen brief bits of it before. I've only watched about 5 episodes, but here are my guesses.

Zim: XNTJ. Not sure about the I/E, but pretty typical world domination schemer.
GIR: ESFP.
Dib: XNTP. Once again, not sure if he is an extrovert or not, but he's a researcher sort, looking into the occult and paranormal out of curiousity, frustrated that nobody else can see what he sees.
Gaz: IXTP. I'm leaning towards S, but not sure.
Dr Membrane: ENTP I think.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Man Invader Zim is such an awesome show, its sad knowing it never got past two seasons, especially when there was so much more potential for it (damn you nickelodeon CEO's :steam:).

It's been a while since I've seen most of the series, but I think Dib and Zim are both extraverts; Zim is far too excited and energetic to be introverted, and Dib is constantly going off on Ne rants about aliens.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Man Invader Zim is such an awesome show, its sad knowing it never got past two seasons, especially when there was so much more potential for it (damn you nickelodeon CEO's :steam:).

It's been a while since I've seen most of the series, but I think Dib and Zim are both extraverts; Zim is far too excited and energetic to be introverted, and Dib is constantly going off on Ne rants about aliens.

I'm not sure about Zim but I agree Dib is an extravert.Not because of the Ne rants though. He seems crazy and Ne filled only because the things he goes on about are an actual reality and he actually does have evidence for his claims, but nobody listens. The thing that got me thinking he was an E was his sort of 'hero' persona which he sometimes adopts, which sounds more like Ne-Fe, because an INTP would probably not have that sort of desire,being more interested in the research side. So I think Dib is an E, if not an overly strong one.

But for Zim, he is manic and crazy, but that's not really something that comes with Te, is it? He seems to use quite a bit of Te, but the overactiveness and insanity seems more like an Nx sort of thing, because he's always suspicious and paranoid, which is the source of the craziness.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I tend to think of Zim as an extrovert. I'm not sure why. He just sees everyone else as beneath him. Once he thought Tak liked him he was all over that because he saw it as a chance to study human custom to better fit in and to possibly use as part of his "plan". On his home planet he's always trying to get attention for himself and his heroic deeds as a conqueror. He's almost exactly like Dib in the wannabe hero area. He's too attention hungry and I think he willfully misinterprets the Tallest.

I agree that Gir is an ESFP. Dr. Membrane seems like an ENFP to me. None of his inventions ever make sense.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I tend to think of Zim as an extrovert. I'm not sure why. He just sees everyone else as beneath him. Once he thought Tak liked him he was all over that because he saw it as a chance to study human custom to better fit in and to possibly use as part of his "plan". On his home planet he's always trying to get attention for himself and his heroic deeds as a conqueror. He's almost exactly like Dib in the wannabe hero area. He's too attention hungry and I think he willfully misinterprets the Tallest.

I agree that Gir is an ESFP. Dr. Membrane seems like an ENFP to me. None of his inventions ever make sense.

If Membrane is ENFP, he must have strong Te. He's always discounting Dib's theories because it's not scientific, even if Dib has strong suggestive evidence. Zim is prrobably ENTJ. What are the tallest? Like ESFP or something? They don't seem to care much about their jobs and all. And what about Ms Bitters? I was guessing XSTJ, but I dunno.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
If Membrane is ENFP, he must have strong Te. He's always discounting Dib's theories because it's not scientific, even if Dib has strong suggestive evidence. Zim is prrobably ENTJ. What are the tallest? Like ESFP or something? They don't seem to care much about their jobs and all. And what about Ms Bitters? I was guessing XSTJ, but I dunno.

That's true, I didn't think of that. I have observed enfps with good Te that seem like entps. But the nature of "science" he uses doesn't seem very scientific. He seems like a troublemaker to me.

I've never really thought about Ms. Bitters except that she's hilarious.

For randomness' sake I want to say one of the Tallest (the relatively serious one, the red one) is an ESTP and the other is ESFP. They seem to understand that they're doing a pretty good job at taking over planets (I think all conquerors are successful) and they just build Zim up for shits and giggles. The red one also points out the possibility for backfire in the things they try to get Zim to do to amuse themselves.

Last edited:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I'm just going topost this because Zim is awesome.

watch

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zim: ENTJ 8w7
Gir: ESFP 7w6
Dib: INTJ 5w6 or 6w5
Gaz: ISTP
Dr Membrane: INTP 5w6

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Zim: ENTJ, "I will rule you ALL!!"
Gir: Loveable Idiot/comic relief, jar jar effect
Dib INTJ or ENTP, beats me, crazy not so crazy conspiracy nut trying to open your eyes
Gaz: scary edgy ISTP, basically a meme
Dr Membrane: INTP, nerd
Tak: ? ISTP also?

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
istp pretending to be entj for zim

falseintuitive

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
This is an old thread, but I love the show so much that I am compelled to comment.

Zim: INTJ 3w4 LIE?
- He has a hard time blending in, he even made friends with a kid just to further his schemes of blending in. He seems Fe-blind to me.

Gir- ESFP 7w6 IEE, he's an IEE because of randomness ('government pig,' bringing a pig into the bedroom, the doom song), other than that he has a strong affinity for sensory pleasures such as dancing, food, and TV.

Dib- I think he's a 6w5. Probably a rare ENTP 6w5 or an INTP 6w5 ILE. He's quite the conspiracy theorist.

Gaz- ISTP 5w4 LII, plays video games and is quiet unless she wants to punch someone in the face.

Tallest Purple and Tallest Red- one could be an ESFP, the other could be an ENFJ- I don't have any proof, it's just how I feel.

Professor Membrane- Probably an ENTP 5w6 Fe-subtype (EIE or ESE)

Zim's robot parents are ESFJ (dad) and ENFP (mom). His mom is an ENFP 7w6 ESE, you can see this from the cookie meltdown where she started poking people in the face, it was just so random.

Miss Bitters- ISTJ 1w9, inferior Ne pessimism.

I'm currently rewatching season 1, I might keep you informed as I come across more characters as to what I think their types could be. It's possible for intuitives to be 9w8s and ENXXs to be 6w5s because this is fiction. Anything goes.