User Tag List

Thread: Invader Zim

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Default Invader Zim

I just recently got into this, though I'd seen brief bits of it before. I've only watched about 5 episodes, but here are my guesses.

Zim: XNTJ. Not sure about the I/E, but pretty typical world domination schemer.
    GIR: ESFP.
    Dib: XNTP. Once again, not sure if he is an extrovert or not, but he's a researcher sort, looking into the occult and paranormal out of curiousity, frustrated that nobody else can see what he sees.
    Gaz: IXTP. I'm leaning towards S, but not sure.
    Dr Membrane: ENTP I think.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Man Invader Zim is such an awesome show, its sad knowing it never got past two seasons, especially when there was so much more potential for it (damn you nickelodeon CEO's :steam.

It's been a while since I've seen most of the series, but I think Dib and Zim are both extraverts; Zim is far too excited and energetic to be introverted, and Dib is constantly going off on Ne rants about aliens.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Man Invader Zim is such an awesome show, its sad knowing it never got past two seasons, especially when there was so much more potential for it (damn you nickelodeon CEO's :steam.

It's been a while since I've seen most of the series, but I think Dib and Zim are both extraverts; Zim is far too excited and energetic to be introverted, and Dib is constantly going off on Ne rants about aliens.
    I'm not sure about Zim but I agree Dib is an extravert.Not because of the Ne rants though. He seems crazy and Ne filled only because the things he goes on about are an actual reality and he actually does have evidence for his claims, but nobody listens. The thing that got me thinking he was an E was his sort of 'hero' persona which he sometimes adopts, which sounds more like Ne-Fe, because an INTP would probably not have that sort of desire,being more interested in the research side. So I think Dib is an E, if not an overly strong one.

But for Zim, he is manic and crazy, but that's not really something that comes with Te, is it? He seems to use quite a bit of Te, but the overactiveness and insanity seems more like an Nx sort of thing, because he's always suspicious and paranoid, which is the source of the craziness.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENFP

I tend to think of Zim as an extrovert. I'm not sure why. He just sees everyone else as beneath him. Once he thought Tak liked him he was all over that because he saw it as a chance to study human custom to better fit in and to possibly use as part of his "plan". On his home planet he's always trying to get attention for himself and his heroic deeds as a conqueror. He's almost exactly like Dib in the wannabe hero area. He's too attention hungry and I think he willfully misinterprets the Tallest.

I agree that Gir is an ESFP. Dr. Membrane seems like an ENFP to me. None of his inventions ever make sense.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I tend to think of Zim as an extrovert. I'm not sure why. He just sees everyone else as beneath him. Once he thought Tak liked him he was all over that because he saw it as a chance to study human custom to better fit in and to possibly use as part of his "plan". On his home planet he's always trying to get attention for himself and his heroic deeds as a conqueror. He's almost exactly like Dib in the wannabe hero area. He's too attention hungry and I think he willfully misinterprets the Tallest.

I agree that Gir is an ESFP. Dr. Membrane seems like an ENFP to me. None of his inventions ever make sense.
    If Membrane is ENFP, he must have strong Te. He's always discounting Dib's theories because it's not scientific, even if Dib has strong suggestive evidence. Zim is prrobably ENTJ. What are the tallest? Like ESFP or something? They don't seem to care much about their jobs and all. And what about Ms Bitters? I was guessing XSTJ, but I dunno.
    JiNe

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    If Membrane is ENFP, he must have strong Te. He's always discounting Dib's theories because it's not scientific, even if Dib has strong suggestive evidence. Zim is prrobably ENTJ. What are the tallest? Like ESFP or something? They don't seem to care much about their jobs and all. And what about Ms Bitters? I was guessing XSTJ, but I dunno.
    That's true, I didn't think of that. I have observed enfps with good Te that seem like entps. But the nature of "science" he uses doesn't seem very scientific. He seems like a troublemaker to me.

I've never really thought about Ms. Bitters except that she's hilarious.

For randomness' sake I want to say one of the Tallest (the relatively serious one, the red one) is an ESTP and the other is ESFP. They seem to understand that they're doing a pretty good job at taking over planets (I think all conquerors are successful) and they just build Zim up for shits and giggles. The red one also points out the possibility for backfire in the things they try to get Zim to do to amuse themselves.
    Last edited by Vamp; 11-12-2010 at 02:14 AM. Reason: video was mostly youtube poop

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I'm just going topost this because Zim is awesome.

JiNe

MBTI
    ENFP

[QUOTE=Mr. Sherlock Holmes;1388618]I'm just going topost this because Zim is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAFkqZBubnU&NR=1

Mighty need!