• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional NT Females

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Any female protagonist in an Ayn Rand novel (Dagny & Dominique).. if she knew about Meyer-Briggs (despite the fact that she is also an arrogant egomaniac), she would probably support the ideas of NT's being the superior temperament.. and give some leeway to the Sensing-Thinking types too (such as Roark's co-worker Mike in The Fountainhead). Basically she doesn't like 'feelings'.

Someone already said Daria.
Tina Fey's character in "Mean Girls"- classic INTP
Hermione INTJ?

I would have guessed ISTP for Juno.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I first fought for the idea that Juno was an S, but I think now that she is an N. I read in a mbti book (I want to say it was Type at Work) that N's are constantly puzzled by the meaning of certain labels. In Juno's case this would be how she always responds to sexually active with "what does that mean!?". So I would say INTP. The fact that she has roughly only two friends and doesn't seemed concerned about "fitting in" when she is pregnant supports this, to me at least.

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
What about Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice? It's a possibility...

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Has no one mentioned Clarice Starling? (The Silence of The Lambs)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jo in Little Women

Beth is the NF
Mary is the SJ
Amy is the SP

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maggie from The Mill on the Floss
(wow, I am like majorly hogging this thread)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lily Bart from The House of Mirth

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Katherine in The Taming of the Shrew

That's your lot. don't ask me for any more. Don't

MBTI Type
ENTP
Lisa from The Simpsons

She seems more of an NF/NT composite.

I think there are probably more NT females in literature than film because the personality/acting ability of the actress usually thwarts any attempt on the writer's part at making a rational female character.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or Katherine in The English Patient -INTJ? (as opposed to the nurse who seemed more like an IxF? - eh..now I'm questioning Katherine..)
Katherine is an ENFx, Count' Ormacy or whatever his name is, is INTP.

The nurse is ESFJ.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She seems more of an NF/NT composite.

I think there are probably more NT females in literature than film because the personality/acting ability of the actress usually thwarts any attempt on the writer's part at making a rational female character.

In such circumstances, since T is the rarer for girls, she scores T. (i.e. to counter-balance the cultural bias)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Karen Blixen - Out of Africa (movie) - played by Meryl Streep (def. INTP)

IRL her name is Isak Dinesan and apart from being fabulous she wrote stuff.
Is she an INTP? Or am I just in love with myself?

MBTI Type
ENTP
In such circumstances, since T is the rarer for girls, she scores T. (i.e. to counter-balance the cultural bias)
Well either she's a T, like Jodie Foster- INTJ, or a good character actor. For instance, I think Cate Blanchett is probably an F but I think played Elizabeth as an INTJ. Also, I think Anna in Closer, played by Julia Roberts..a feeler, is an unhealthy INTP.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well either she's a T or a good character actor...for instance, I think Cate Blanchett is probably an F but I think played Elizabeth as an INTP. Also, I think Anna in Closer, played by Julia Roberts, is an unhealthy INTP.

Anna strikes me as NF, like Julia herself. To much with the mixed messages. NT girls are more straightforward. We just hate everyone.

ring the bell

Just a quick random thought... INTP's have a bit of a tendency to be chameleons, to some extent, from what I've read. Or experienced first hand to a greater extent.... INTP's have that fun little combination of NP, after all. That might make it a bit more difficult to pick one out of a crowd unless you are really adept at reading a person.

I see characters on tv or movies regularly that I relate to somehow, but none as much as Tina Fey. I read somewhere that even within the INTP type, some people feel there are multiple "subtypes". I don't remember what they were, but it ranged from mega nerd to hippie chic.

anyway, just a thought.