User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Spaced, but Daisy strikes me as an ENTP.

I heart that show.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Socionics
    INTp

I don't know whether the OP is still around or not, but I'll jump in anyway because I think it is cool that someone wants to write an NT female character into his book.

Looking through colmena's long, long list, I note that I haven't seen most of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Seven of Nine and T'Pol: INTP
    I relate to both, but mostly to T'Pol (obviously). Everyone sees that side of me when they know me in person and think of me as either of these two. People who have seen my personal writing, though....my inner world that gets revealed in writing (like in my blog)....they don't seem to feel that I'm as much like them as those who know me IRL seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    Sam Carter (Stargate Atlantis) and Stella Bonasera (CSI NY) are both NTs (ENTJ / INTJ ?). Same goes for Dr. Weir (Stargate Atlantis), but I am not sure which exact type she might be.
    Sam on SG. Maybe a little. I relate more to Daniel Jackson, though.
    Stella on CSI NY. More so when the show first started. Lately, she's more outwardly emotional to others, and I have ceased to relate to her as much.
    Dr Weir on SG. I relate to her approach to people and how she makes her decisions.
    Kind of a combination between Sam and Dr Weir is where I relate, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstellacat View Post
    Just a quick random thought... INTP's have a bit of a tendency to be chameleons, to some extent, from what I've read. Or experienced first hand to a greater extent.... INTP's have that fun little combination of NP, after all. That might make it a bit more difficult to pick one out of a crowd unless you are really adept at reading a person.

I see characters on tv or movies regularly that I relate to somehow, but none as much as Tina Fey. I read somewhere that even within the INTP type, some people feel there are multiple "subtypes". I don't remember what they were, but it ranged from mega nerd to hippie chic.

anyway, just a thought.
    And, I think these are good and accurate thoughts. I think there are multiple subtypes within the INTP community. Now you have me curious about this Tina Fey person.

In movies and shows, especially the older ones, I most commonly relate to the male characters. Now, though, I'm relating to more and more female characters, so I do think more NT females are coming into the character limelight. What happened? Did Hollywood get taken over by nerds?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Jo in Little Women

Beth is the NF
    Mary is the SJ
    Amy is the SP
    I first read this when I was maybe 7 or 8. And yes, I felt like I knew Jo.

Another one - Francie Nolan, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    I first read this when I was maybe 7 or 8. And yes, I felt like I knew Jo.
    Yeah right? But why didn't she fall for Laurie - I never got that bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by TPol View Post
    And, I think these are good and accurate thoughts. I think there are multiple subtypes within the INTP community. Now you have me curious about this Tina Fey person.
    She's awesome and hilarious. The lady wrote for SNL for years and did the screenplay for "Mean Girls". She's now got her own TV show called "30 Rock" which is the most absurd, hilarious and deadpan show currently on (that is not "The Office"). She's currently famous for impersonating/mocking Sarah Palin on SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by TPol View Post
    In movies and shows, especially the older ones, I most commonly relate to the male characters. Now, though, I'm relating to more and more female characters, so I do think more NT females are coming into the character limelight. What happened? Did Hollywood get taken over by nerds?
    The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth - TIME

Charlotte from Lost in Translation is INTP. (Bob is ENTP)
    Brennan from Bones is INTJ.
    "13" from House is INTJ.
    River from Firefly is an xNTP.
    Jaye from Wonderfalls is INTP.
    Alex Cabot from L&O: SVU is ENTJ.

(just off the top of my head)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Charlotte from Lost in Translation is INTP. (Bob is ENTP)
    Hah, yeah! One of my favorite parts of that movie ('cause I don't like the movie all that much) is the scene in the hall when Charlotte was making fun of that girl for not knowing that was a guy's name she had adopted as her moniker. Her boyfriend then chided her for being too judgmental.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Yeah right? But why didn't she fall for Laurie - I never got that bit.
    Neither did I, exactly. Alcott created the perfect partner for Jo (or at least someone I would have fallen for), and then split them up.

But:

Alcott later wrote, "Jo should have remained a literary spinster, but so many enthusiastic young ladies wrote to me clamorously demanding that she should marry Laurie, or somebody, that I didn't dare refuse and out of perversity went and made a funny match for her".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Women

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Alcott later wrote, "Jo should have remained a literary spinster, but so many enthusiastic young ladies wrote to me clamorously demanding that she should marry Laurie, or somebody, that I didn't dare refuse and out of perversity went and made a funny match for her".
    Booo!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Neither did I, exactly. Alcott created the perfect partner for Jo (or at least someone I would have fallen for), and then split them up.

But:

Little Women - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    HaHA! Alcott sounds like an NT herself.

I always gave her kudos for not giving us a "happy" ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    She's awesome and hilarious. The lady wrote for SNL for years and did the screenplay for "Mean Girls". She's now got her own TV show called "30 Rock" which is the most absurd, hilarious and deadpan show currently on (that is not "The Office"). She's currently famous for impersonating/mocking Sarah Palin on SNL.
    SNL. Used to watch it back in the 70s. Land shark! Haven't watched it since. Never saw "30 Rock" nor heard of it. Yeah, I know....I'm a cave beetle. Moving on... I, however, have heard of "The Office." Never saw it. Heard of it. ["applause" sign goes up] If she's the one who impersonated Sarah Palin on Leno, then I've seen her. She's good at it. Never knew anything about her, though. Will do some research, maybe.

Read it. Liked it very much. The place is becoming more homey. As part of what Whoopi said when Obama became our leader, I may unpack my bags now.

""13" from House is INTJ." -- I could buy that, though seems a bit more "S" than "N" to me. Not sure.
    "River from Firefly is an xNTP." -- I'd agree. I relate to her. I wish they'd kept that show going. I loved the movie, too.

((Goes off to see if there's a Firefly/Serenity thread here))
    ((Makes note to check for a Red Dwarf thread, too))