• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scrubs

ygolo

My termites win
I know a lot of people like watching "Scrubs."

What do you thik of the MBTI types of the characters?

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
There is no way JD is an E. He is definitely an extraverted I, at least from my experience. He plays too much out in his head, without playing it out in the real world. We do that, or so I hear.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
That's because he's an iNtuitive. There's no way JD is an introvert. What does an extraverted 'I' even mean?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I always thought JD was more of an INFP (nearly everything is inner monologue and most of the time he's off in his imagination - he doesn't often externalize anything).

As for the others....I don't know. I adore the show, and every time I watch it I try to figure out the mbti types of the other characters, but it's a little harder given all of the side stories, tons of quirks (which makes it hilarious!) and dreams and all of that -

TOTAL guesses for the below! (and I'm on the fence for the E/I dichotomy on a few)Take with a grain of salt. -

Turk - ESFP
Dr. Cox - ENTP
Dr. Cox's wife/former ex/whatever - xSTP
Elliot - ESFJ
Janitor - ISTP
Carla - ISFJ
Kelso - ESTJ
Lawyer - ISxJ

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That's because he's an iNtuitive. There's no way JD is an introvert. What does an extraverted 'I' even mean?

He is definitely an introvert, he just has decent extraverted tendencies. When I said extraverted I, I only meant someone that may be close on the %'s of I vs E (as I am). We tend to see a lot of the E nature, but I really think he is fundamentally I.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
So do I's really think that E's have no internal dialogue?

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That's not what I was saying at all. I would hope that you have less inner dialogue than Dorian has though. He's an introverted freak, I can attest to it.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
So do I's really think that E's have no internal dialogue?

Dorian is INFP simply because he gets lost in his fantasies. He zones out. Extroverts can usually keep one foot in reality.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rofl1: Pink and I have discussed in other threads that The Todd is DEFINITLY an ESTP! :laugh:

and yes- JD TOTALLY lives in a fantasy world :yes: very INFPish!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFP's don't live in a fantasy world, I have no idea what you're......holy shit a dragon.

/runs away

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm on the JD = INFP train. He does stuff, but always deciding and fantasizing and narrating in his head!

Agree bolded:
Turk - ESFP
Dr. Cox - ENTP
Dr. Cox's wife/former ex/whatever - xSTP
Elliot - ESFJ
Janitor - ISTP
Carla - ISFJ
Kelso - ESTJ
Lawyer - ISxJ

I think Dr. Cox is more xSTP. He's very... physical, in the way he conducts himself and his aggression. Seems very SP to me, not the intellectual-ish-ness of an NT.

Jordan/Dr.Cox's wife: I can see ESTP, but I'm equally torn between ESTP and ENTJ. Hmmmm, she's diabolical, but in a self-entertainment manner.

Carla: I think ESFJ. (instead of ISFJ) Up in people's business a lot- and seems energized by it in a natural-mode thing. But I'm not super-sure.

Elliot and Janitor: I have no idea. Well, I think it's pretty safe to say the Janitor is an I. But he and JD have this whole fantasy world thing together almost. Certainly Janitor has a very warped sense of humor and wild fantasies he makes up to lie to people. But should we consider how he acts to JD how he acts to the world as a whole. I suppose in the beginning he only acted with JD in that manner, but as the show has gone on, he's interacted more and more crazy with all the characters.

Elliot, hmmm. I think she started as an ESTJ. Very driven and somewhat ruthless. But I can see the ESFJ.

redacted

JD = INFP
Turk = ESFP
Cox = ENTJ
Jordan = INTJ
Elliot = ISFP (her feeling is totally introverted)
Janitor = ISFP (maybe INFP)
Carla = ENFJ
Kelso = ESTJ
Lawyer = IxTP ?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I'm going with ENTP for Cox. His entire character is those little mean speeches he gives, which are simultaneously funny and insightful.

redacted

I'm going with ENTP for Cox. His entire character is those little mean speeches he gives, which are simultaneously funny and insightful.

when he shares insight on people, it's always very Ni-ish imo

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
JD = INFP (close to the E/I border)
Turk = ESFP
Cox = ENTP/ENTJ (I could have said ESTP as well if it weren't for certain moments of clear N and his distaste for the ESTPish surgeons.)
Jordan = INTJ/ENTJ/possibly ISTJ or ISTP, but less likely
Elliot = Neurotic ISFP/INFP (Definitely Fi and she's way too unstructured in her head to be a J. The OC tendencies seems more like a result of neuroticism, and she's far too random about what she's OC about to be a J.)
Janitor = ISTP (maybe INTP)
Carla = ENFJ/ESFJ
Kelso = ESTJ
Lawyer = ISFP

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1: Pink and I have discussed in other threads that The Todd is DEFINITLY an ESTP! :laugh:

The Todd.:yim_rolling_on_the_ :rofl1:

I could see Carla as ExFJ.

I'm having a problem though seeing Elliott as an introvert, but agree that the J tendencies could be due to neuroticism.....

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like House!

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Scrubs - types?

Some guesses

JD - ENFP
Turk - ESTP
Elliot - INFP
Carla - ESFJ