• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thinking over Feeling?

liYA

Can you explain to me why YOU prefer thinking over feeling

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't like being wrong. Being strong in values cuts the fluidity of being able to avoid being wrong in the first place.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Feeling is scary!!! :cry:

And pretty much what Mr. Holmes said.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because I use primarily logic and objective criteria when making decisions. Simple as that.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Thinking = Sane. Rationality. Calmness. Explainable. Predictable. Brainy Intelligence. Get Things Done.
Feeling = Insanity. Vulnerability. Tears. Hysteria. Sadness. Madness. Lost. Loneliness. Irrational. Weak. Don't Get Things Done.

The above are, of course, false as we are humans and humans are capable of both thinking and feeling at the same time even when we psychoanalyze the crap out of everything in a systematic, explanatory way. We are still mostly 'feeling'. But there is this illusion that there is a coherent separation and sometimes I also pretend I am a robot even when feelings are churning within me deep deep down.

I can detach easily but it will catch up with me at some point.

wolfy

awsm
Can you explain to me why YOU prefer thinking over feeling

Because I have a tendency to weigh my own and others emotions as solid information that needs to be taken into account.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
You're a feeler. You don't prefer thinking over feeling. You technically can't even answer this question as it doesn't apply to you.

wolfy

awsm
Because I have a tendency to weigh my own and others emotions as solid information that needs to be taken into account.

You're a feeler. You don't prefer thinking over feeling. You technically can't even answer this question as it doesn't apply to you.

Yeah, true, I've been a bad boy. Anyway, I prefer feeling ... because I have a tendency to weigh my own and others emotions as solid information that needs to be taken into account.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Feeling and thinking thanks. :)

When your thinking over feeling and feeling over thinking then you are confusing your heart with your mind. Then there is unsubstantiated fear in the process of emotions and thoughts. Because you learn to feel safe cognitively in one form and not the other and think or feel that there is something to be scared of. With the extremes that are represented within the context of how thoughts and emotions are transmitted in this time reality.