User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Ferris Bueller

  1. #1
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default Ferris Bueller

    For ages I thought Ferris was an ESTP, but it never seemed right. He seemed like too strong an Se user to be ENTP but he created such a complex scheme which would have taken forever to prepare and it really just doesn't seem to fit. Then I read something about Hannibal Lecter, and how he creates such complex plans just to kill people as a result of unhealthy Se, so it gave me a thought. Maybe Ferris Bueller is actually an ENTJ with overly developed tertiary Se. He plans and builds enormous systems just to get a simple sensory thrill, a goal which most anyone would say really is not worth the immense effort. What do you think? My only issue is that he does seem to have a fair bit of Fe, but maybe that's just a skill he developed.

    He looks very nonchalant in the movie, but if you think about it, that one day off would have required at least a few days of precise planning.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  2. #2
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    I don't mean to derail your thread or anything, but aren't you supposed to be answering questions rather than asking them?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  3. #3
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I don't mean to derail your thread or anything, but aren't you supposed to be answering questions rather than asking them?
    I'm afraid I don't understand. I was not aware of any such contractual obligations.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  4. #4
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    You seem to forget who you are.

  5. #5
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You seem to forget who you are.
    Oh, okay.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  6. #6
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    ENFP maybe

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #7
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    ENFP maybe
    What makes you think that? Don'tyou think he has strong Se?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  8. #8
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    What makes you think that? Don'tyou think he has strong Se?
    It was just a guess - you're asking me to be logical. I haven't watched the movie lately which may cause this analysis to be wrong.

    Seems like an E and a P for sure. So, options are ENFP, ENTP, ESTP, and ESFP.
    catalyst, get things going (ENFP)
    theorist, get things going (ENTP)
    improviser, in charge (ESTP)
    improviser, get things going (ESFP)

    I think we can rule out "theorist" - just doesn't seem right
    One of the most important questions seems to be whether or not Ferris an Fi user vs Fe. I can see rationale for both but think it's possible he's Fi which which would rule out ESTP
    That narrows it down to ENFP or ESFP
    I've known people of both kinds and Ferris seems more like an ENFP than an ESFP.

    However, if Ferris is an Fe user then I'd go with ESTP.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  9. #9
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It was just a guess - you're asking me to be logical. I haven't watched the movie lately which may cause this analysis to be wrong.

    Seems like an E and a P for sure. So, options are ENFP, ENTP, ESTP, and ESFP.
    catalyst, get things going (ENFP)
    theorist, get things going (ENTP)
    improviser, in charge (ESTP)
    improviser, get things going (ESFP)

    I think we can rule out "theorist" - just doesn't seem right
    One of the most important questions seems to be whether or not Ferris an Fi user vs Fe. I can see rationale for both but think it's possible he's Fi which which would rule out ESTP
    That narrows it down to ENFP or ESFP
    I've known people of both kinds and Ferris seems more like an ENFP than an ESFP.

    However, if Ferris is an Fe user then I'd go with ESTP.
    Well Ferris does seem to be an Fe user, since he often manipulates people and tries to geton their good side, and often strives off interaction with them. I'm slightly unsure about whether you really need to be an Fe user to do this though, as Light Yagami in Death Note does it yet he is obviously INTJ... However, he also shows a fair bit of Fi, like at the beginning of the movie, when he discusses his own personal ideologies, and his rather impulsive proposal also seems like it might be part of that. However, I don't think he's likely to be an ENFP because he seems to have very strong Se. He does all that he does just to get one fun day out. He also probably has good Ni and some T function as he creates a complex and comprehensive system to avoid being caught and also manages situations on the fly. He doesn't seem to care much about anyone else and simply uses them to his advantage. All this makes me think he must be either ESTP or ENTJ. I was thinking ENTJ simply due to the complexity of the plan, but I'm not sure. Why is it Ti in STPs always looks like Te?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  10. #10
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Well Ferris does seem to be an Fe user, since he often manipulates people and tries to geton their good side, and often strives off interaction with them.
    ENFPs can be extraordinarily effective in this respect. They know it's a little bit like manipulation but they're usually doing it for a good reason in their mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    However, he also shows a fair bit of Fi, like at the beginning of the movie, when he discusses his own personal ideologies, and his rather impulsive proposal also seems like it might be part of that. However, I don't think he's likely to be an ENFP because he seems to have very strong Se. He does all that he does just to get one fun day out. He also probably has good Ni and some T function as he creates a complex and comprehensive system to avoid being caught and also manages situations on the fly. He doesn't seem to care much about anyone else and simply uses them to his advantage. All this makes me think he must be either ESTP or ENTJ. I was thinking ENTJ simply due to the complexity of the plan, but I'm not sure. Why is it Ti in STPs always looks like Te?
    I think he does actually care about other people. For example, the reason he wanted to get his friend out of bed was he thought it would be good for him. In fact, that one scene is the one that came to mind for me of thinking he could be Fe because to make him get up and get out and enjoy himself - it seems like Fe ish sort of behavior.

    Is it Se or is the whole thing blowing off steam senior year of high school just before college?

    Maybe it would help to look at a few quotes. I'm actually seeing Ne everywhere.

    "Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people. "

    Seems like Fi to me with some Ne mixed in.

    "The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom; I'm a big believer in it. A lot of people will tell you that a good phony fever is a dead lock, but, uh... you get a nervous mother, you could wind up in a doctor's office. That's worse than school. You fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school. "

    Seems like Ne + Te to me

    "Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond."

    Seems like Ne to me

    "Cameron has never been in love - at least, nobody's ever been in love with him. If things don't change for him, he's gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she's gonna treat him like shit, because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him, 'cause you can't respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn't work."

    Seems like Ni to me

    "I do have a test today, that wasn't bullshit. It's on European socialism. I mean, really, what's the point? I'm not European. I don't plan on being European. So who gives a crap if they're socialists? They could be fascist anarchists, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't own a car."

    Sounds like Ne + Fi

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. Ferris Bueller's day off and the slacker generation?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 12:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO