User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Ferris Bueller

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Those are some interesting ideas, but if you're right, for someone who cares deeply about people, he sure does screw a lot of people over.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Those are some interesting ideas, but if you're right, for someone who cares deeply about people, he sure does screw a lot of people over.
    Do you think so? Who?

His sister is just a bit of a jealous whiner, so I don't count her. The Ferarri would have been insured and there was a problem there in that family and Cameron seemed liberated after the whole incident.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Do you think so? Who?

His sister is just a bit of a jealous whiner, so I don't count her. The Ferarri would have been insured and there was a problem there in that family and Cameron seemed liberated after the whole incident.
    Well, firstly of course, the principal, which is a no-brainer. Then Cameron, though he did feel liberated in the end, he was stressed and resistant almost the whole time and Ferris kept pushing him and pushing him to do things that could get him in a lot of trouble. It's debateable at the end whether Ferris was honestly wanting to take the blame or if he was just manipulating Cameron by getting on his good side. I see him manipulating the whole time, only acting caring if it's needed for people to go along with it, so I personally don't think he wanted that. He just wanted Cameron to stick on his side and help him with future plans. I would have felt like the sister did too, because Ferris is a bit of an asshole.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Is this thread just for Bueller? None of the other characters? Cameron (in the Campbellian sense, the actual hero of the story to Bueller's mentor) or Sloan?
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Is this thread just for Bueller? None of the other characters? Cameron (in the Campbellian sense, the actual hero of the story to Bueller's mentor) or Sloan?
    You may type them if you wish. I was just focusing on Bueller, though, since he seems to beone of MBTI's greatest mysteries, and many people say he is untypeable and can't exist in real life. I'm not sure if you can even make a character that can't be typed, unless they change their behaviour throughout.

But sure, type whatever characters you want.
    JiNe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well, firstly of course, the principal, which is a no-brainer.
    But wasn't the principal a dick?

Then Cameron, though he did feel liberated in the end, he was stressed and resistant almost the whole time and Ferris kept pushing him and pushing him to do things that could get him in a lot of trouble. It's debateable at the end whether Ferris was honestly wanting to take the blame or if he was just manipulating Cameron by getting on his good side. I see him manipulating the whole time, only acting caring if it's needed for people to go along with it, so I personally don't think he wanted that. He just wanted Cameron to stick on his side and help him with future plans.
    This may be where we differ. I think Ferris was trying to actually help Cameron the whole time.

It is possible that he could be someone that is impossible to type because nobody could exist like that in real life. I had the same thought.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

But wasn't the principal a dick?
    Not really. I mean Ferris is this guy who keeps acting out and breaking all the rules just for fun and being irresponsible and getting everybody to love him. He was just trying to keep some semblance of order. I can easily sympathise with the principal.

If Ferris is an NP, I'd say ENTP over ENFP. Fe!
    JiNe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

One other thing to consider is this - Manipulation is influencing people for personal benefit. I think Ferris influenced Cameron for mutual benefit.

Anyway, the whole movie is utterly ridiculous. That's why it's so entertaining. It's one of my all time favorite comedies.

I liked Ferris a lot more than the principal or his sister though. I think it's what John Hughes had in mind. Otherwise, the movie would have been a flop.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

One other thing to consider is this - Manipulation is influencing people for personal benefit. I think Ferris influenced Cameron for mutual benefit.

Anyway, the whole movie is utterly ridiculous. That's why it's so entertaining. It's one of my all time favorite comedies.

I liked Ferris a lot more than the principal or his sister though. I think it's what John Hughes had in mind. Otherwise, the movie would have been a flop.
    Yes, that is the intent. I'm just to much of a goodie goodie.
    JiNe

man, sloan peterson was so hot. so hot!
    coolest girlfriend ever!
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken