User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Sherlock Holmes, as portrayed in the stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

1 3.85%
  • ISTJ

1 3.85%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ISTP

4 15.38%
  • ENFP

0 0%
  • INFP

0 0%
  • ENTP

1 3.85%
  • INTP

13 50.00%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • INTJ

5 19.23%
  • I can't decide or even make an educated guess.

1 3.85%
First 12345 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Oh, also, I've ust started learning about Enneagram and I think Holmes is a 5w6, and Watson probably a 6w5.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

sorry - never read the books

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Have you seen the new Sherlock series ? I've only seen " A Study In Pink" so I don't want to type them but am still curious to see if the typical Holmes/Watson types are still the same.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by chihuahuasrluv View Post
    Have you seen the new Sherlock series ? I've only seen " A Study In Pink" so I don't want to type them but am still curious to see if the typical Holmes/Watson types are still the same.
    In the first episode Sherlock seemed more extraverted, thinking better with talking, rushing into things etc., so XNTP (I think Moffat is an ENTP and pushes a bit of himself on to some of his characters, like Moriarty at the end). In the next 2 episodes I am more confident he was INTP. Watson is still an ISFJ, and a very loveable one. I think the enneagram types are the same, but then again, I'm new to that, so I could be wrong.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

What are your thoughts on DI Lestrade ?

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by chihuahuasrluv View Post
    What are your thoughts on DI Lestrade ?
    I'm guessing you mean in the books? He seemed like an ESTJ from what I could gether. Te dominant. Focused on the task at hand, duty oriented, making quick but limited links based on physical evidence. In the 6 Napoleons, he failed to see the importance of linking the stolen busts with the murder, preffering to deal with them as seperate crimes rather than connecting them and searching for deeper meaning. He is fairly smart and a good officer, but he never looks deep enough, taking evidence for what it seems to be on the surface,like in a Study in Scarlet when he assumed the person died of natural causes (am I remembering this correctly?) rather than thinking to look for poison, as the body seemed unharmed.
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Oh and in the show he was probably more of an ISTJ. What type do you think Holmes is, chihuahuasrluv?
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Who chose ISFJ? XD
    JiNe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Who chose ISFJ? XD
    Tehehehehe.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I'ld like to help you on your quest, but it's a shame, I've actually never really read a book about Sherlock Holmes or watched a movie or know any of the stories. Never really caught my intrest. I've read alot but all these books are really weird and noone really knows them. Like Hesse - Wolverine, which is a book about a guy that feels lonely in a bourgeois company, obviously is on some kind of drug and falls in love with a hooker, with which he enters his "magical theatre and the entry fee is your sanity". Or I've read Kafka - The Judgment or - Metamorphosis, the two best books he has ever written. Again about a guy who feels uncomfortable with his role society demands him to play and who writes about it in the most abstract way possible.

The only book that wasnt writtenin totally abstract inconcrete letters I ever read was Camus - L'Etranger. This a book from the time of existensialism and describes a guy to whoim nothing in life has any value and who is completly free of emotion. The story ends with the famous sentence that goes something like this: "After Mums funeral, we went to the beach. While being there I met the guy again, who robbed us the other day. So I chased him and stabbed him to death, so he may never rob someone again." That book's a burner .

But Sherlock Holmes, I have no clue about..
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]