User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development (The Show)

Rats off to ya! Array Mort Belfry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Arrested Development (The Show)

I've been looking around the internet to find if anyone has typed the characters of Arrested Development and haven't seen it done yet.

So I decided to try typing some of them here, with no intention of getting it right first time.

Michael - XNTP

Gob - ENFP

Lindsey - ESFP

Tobias - ENFP

Buster - INXJ

Lucille - ENTJ

George Senior - ESTP

George Michael - ISFJ

Mabey - ESTP

Narrator - ISTP?

Any thoughts?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Senior Member Array nottaprettygal's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTj

This was one of my favorite shows. I'm pretty much in agreement with your typing, except for Michael. He has to be a J. He was the one always trying to keep the company in order. I'd say that he's an SJ also because he always tried to follow the rules. XSTJ?

MBTI
    INTP

I put NT because he seems to be some kind of rational, with all his biting, sarcastic quips.

I remember hearing the shows creators thinking that Michael was actually the craziest of all the characters and if you watch the show over a long time, that becomes apparent. He pretends to be a strict follow-the-rules kind of guy, but actually ends up doing the most outrageous things. Which makes me think P, possibly EP.

Michael: I do everything for this family and don't get anything.
    Lindsey: You get a false sense or moral superiority out of it.

I was thinking maybe Michael thinks of himself as an ISFJ, because he's always talking about how much he's doing for the family, but an ISFJ probably wouldn't broadcast that as often as he does. An INTP or ENTP has the makeup of an ISFJ in it's less conscious functions, namely Introverted Sensing and Extraverted Feeling, and maybe Michael tries to portrays these functions, when actually he has command of their polar opposites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    I put NT because he seems to be some kind of rational, with all his biting, sarcastic quips.

I remember hearing the shows creators thinking that Michael was actually the craziest of all the characters and if you watch the show over a long time, that becomes apparent. He pretends to be a strict follow-the-rules kind of guy, but actually ends up doing the most outrageous things. Which makes me think P, possibly EP.

Michael: I do everything for this family and don't get anything.
    Lindsey: You get a false sense or moral superiority out of it.

I was thinking maybe Michael thinks of himself as an ISFJ, because he's always talking about how much he's doing for the family, but an ISFJ probably wouldn't broadcast that as often as he does. An INTP or ENTP has the makeup of an ISFJ in it's less conscious functions, namely Introverted Sensing and Extraverted Feeling, and maybe Michael tries to portrays these functions, when actually he has command of their polar opposites.
    An ISFJ wouldn't broadcast how much he does for the family? Hah!

Pat, daughter and sister and mother to various flavors of Guardian, Feeling variety.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I'm with nottaprettygal. Michael's definitely an SJ. I could see ISFJ, but I'm leaning towards ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Michael - ISTJ (very much so, IMO)
    Gob - ESTP
    Lindsay - ExFP (prolly N)
    Tobias - ESFP
    Buster - INTJ?
    Lucille - ENTJ
    George Senior - ENTP
    George Michael - IxFJ (leaning towards N)
    Mabey - ENTP

MBTI
    INTP

If Michael is some kind of SJ he is very in touch with his inferior functions. In every episode he is talked into breaking places, buying extravagant items, breaking rules, making ridiculous impulsive decisions for the worst. All of this is in spite of him saying he'd have no part in such enterprise near the start of the episode, he usually completely goes back on this by the end.

Buster I feel might be an INFJ, albeit a very quiet one. His desicions seem to focus around feelings much more than logic. When Michael sent out a letter expressly asking that nobody sell their unfrozen stock, he was the only character not to, even Michael did. Buster's response was that he would never do anything to hurt the family.

I really feel Tobias (probably the best character on the show) is an ENFP. He is so completely out of touch with reality. He just seems so idealistic to me.

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

none of the characters make any sense. will arnett is an estp, portia de rossi is an enfp (tho i think her character is supposed to be more esfp, david cross is an entj tho tobias is possibly an isfp, the guy who plays george senior i'm pretty sure is a fucking crazy enfp.

Michael - ENFJ 2w3 (disarming, 2w3 explains him to a t. don't know the actual actor's type)
    Gob - ESTP 7w8 (will arnett is estp)
    Lindsay - ESFP/ENFP (portia de rossi feels enfp to me (ellen degeneres is entp)
    Tobias - ISFP (tho tobias makes no sense without david cross, who's an ENTJ)
    Buster - ISTJ/retard (definite I, S, and probable J). seems tj when he gets that crazy i've got an idea plan. he also self-destructs much less from Fe and far more from Te incapability "you people are all so smart..." in real life i imagine the actor for buster being a bastard.
    Lucille - ENTJ (don't know the actress, but i could see much more Fi in real life)
    George Senior - ENTP (actual actor is probably enfp or entp, he's frustrating to endure bc he plays his will ferrell/etc routine,he's definitely got two full scoops of crazy)
    George Michael - ISTJ (either an isfj or possibly an infp, i don't know the actor as well as everyone else bc i hate the director who casts him, i'd go with isfj 6w5? 5w6?)
    Mabey - ESFP (i could possibly see her being an entp in real life)

I love this show.

Maeby seems more ENTPish on the show than ESFPish.

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Gob is ESTP for sure.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan