• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Arrested Development (The Show)

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I've been looking around the internet to find if anyone has typed the characters of Arrested Development and haven't seen it done yet.

So I decided to try typing some of them here, with no intention of getting it right first time.

Michael - XNTP

Gob - ENFP

Lindsey - ESFP

Tobias - ENFP

Buster - INXJ

Lucille - ENTJ

George Senior - ESTP

George Michael - ISFJ

Mabey - ESTP

Narrator - ISTP?

Any thoughts?

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
This was one of my favorite shows. I'm pretty much in agreement with your typing, except for Michael. He has to be a J. He was the one always trying to keep the company in order. I'd say that he's an SJ also because he always tried to follow the rules. XSTJ?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I put NT because he seems to be some kind of rational, with all his biting, sarcastic quips.

I remember hearing the shows creators thinking that Michael was actually the craziest of all the characters and if you watch the show over a long time, that becomes apparent. He pretends to be a strict follow-the-rules kind of guy, but actually ends up doing the most outrageous things. Which makes me think P, possibly EP.

Michael: I do everything for this family and don't get anything.
Lindsey: You get a false sense or moral superiority out of it.

I was thinking maybe Michael thinks of himself as an ISFJ, because he's always talking about how much he's doing for the family, but an ISFJ probably wouldn't broadcast that as often as he does. An INTP or ENTP has the makeup of an ISFJ in it's less conscious functions, namely Introverted Sensing and Extraverted Feeling, and maybe Michael tries to portrays these functions, when actually he has command of their polar opposites.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
I put NT because he seems to be some kind of rational, with all his biting, sarcastic quips.

I remember hearing the shows creators thinking that Michael was actually the craziest of all the characters and if you watch the show over a long time, that becomes apparent. He pretends to be a strict follow-the-rules kind of guy, but actually ends up doing the most outrageous things. Which makes me think P, possibly EP.

Michael: I do everything for this family and don't get anything.
Lindsey: You get a false sense or moral superiority out of it.

I was thinking maybe Michael thinks of himself as an ISFJ, because he's always talking about how much he's doing for the family, but an ISFJ probably wouldn't broadcast that as often as he does. An INTP or ENTP has the makeup of an ISFJ in it's less conscious functions, namely Introverted Sensing and Extraverted Feeling, and maybe Michael tries to portrays these functions, when actually he has command of their polar opposites.

An ISFJ wouldn't broadcast how much he does for the family? Hah!

Pat, daughter and sister and mother to various flavors of Guardian, Feeling variety.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm with nottaprettygal. Michael's definitely an SJ. I could see ISFJ, but I'm leaning towards ISTJ.

redacted

Michael - ISTJ (very much so, IMO)
Gob - ESTP
Lindsay - ExFP (prolly N)
Tobias - ESFP
Buster - INTJ?
Lucille - ENTJ
George Senior - ENTP
George Michael - IxFJ (leaning towards N)
Mabey - ENTP

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
If Michael is some kind of SJ he is very in touch with his inferior functions. In every episode he is talked into breaking places, buying extravagant items, breaking rules, making ridiculous impulsive decisions for the worst. All of this is in spite of him saying he'd have no part in such enterprise near the start of the episode, he usually completely goes back on this by the end.

Buster I feel might be an INFJ, albeit a very quiet one. His desicions seem to focus around feelings much more than logic. When Michael sent out a letter expressly asking that nobody sell their unfrozen stock, he was the only character not to, even Michael did. Buster's response was that he would never do anything to hurt the family.

I really feel Tobias (probably the best character on the show) is an ENFP. He is so completely out of touch with reality. He just seems so idealistic to me.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
none of the characters make any sense. will arnett is an estp, portia de rossi is an enfp (tho i think her character is supposed to be more esfp, david cross is an entj tho tobias is possibly an isfp, the guy who plays george senior i'm pretty sure is a fucking crazy enfp.

Michael - ENFJ 2w3 (disarming, 2w3 explains him to a t. don't know the actual actor's type)
Gob - ESTP 7w8 (will arnett is estp)
Lindsay - ESFP/ENFP (portia de rossi feels enfp to me (ellen degeneres is entp)
Tobias - ISFP (tho tobias makes no sense without david cross, who's an ENTJ)
Buster - ISTJ/retard (definite I, S, and probable J). seems tj when he gets that crazy i've got an idea plan. he also self-destructs much less from Fe and far more from Te incapability "you people are all so smart..." in real life i imagine the actor for buster being a bastard.
Lucille - ENTJ (don't know the actress, but i could see much more Fi in real life)
George Senior - ENTP (actual actor is probably enfp or entp, he's frustrating to endure bc he plays his will ferrell/etc routine,he's definitely got two full scoops of crazy)
George Michael - ISTJ (either an isfj or possibly an infp, i don't know the actor as well as everyone else bc i hate the director who casts him, i'd go with isfj 6w5? 5w6?)
Mabey - ESFP (i could possibly see her being an entp in real life)

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love this show.

Maeby seems more ENTPish on the show than ESFPish.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Michael-ISTJ
Gob-ESTP yeah
George-ESTP
Maeby-ESTP
Lucille-ESTJ
George Michael-ISFJ
Lindsay-ESFP
Tobias-ENFP
Buster-INFP
Oscar-INFP

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
Michael-ISTJ
Gob-ESTP yeah
George-ESTP
Maeby-ESTP
Lucille-ESTJ
George Michael-ISFJ
Lindsay-ESFP
Tobias-ENFP
Buster-INFP
Oscar-INFP

I agree except I think George Michael is INFJ and Oscar is ENFP. :D

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Michael - ISTJ (very much so, IMO)
Gob - ESTP
Lindsay - ExFP (prolly N)
Tobias - ESFP
Buster - INTJ?
Lucille - ENTJ
George Senior - ENTP
George Michael - IxFJ (leaning towards N)
Mabey - ENTP

I think this is the most spot on so far.

I'd put George Michael as an ISFJ. Lindsay as an ENFP and Buster as an INFJ.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Gob hits me as a really unhealthy ESFP. His desire for emotional acceptance and attention is so intense and he has an extreme desire to share his emotions, but isn't very good at it due to George Sr's neglectful attitude. He's also totally unable to accept any criticism.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
So many of these characters mixed with the personality of the actors and actresses themselves make for a very unusual combination and thus a real whacked out show (of which I dearly love).

Michael: ENFJ 2w3 sp/so

Gob: ESTP 7w8 sx/so

Lindsay: ESFP 3w4 sx/so

Tobias: ENFJ 3w4 sx/sp

Buster: ISFJ 6w5 sp/sx

Lucille: ENTJ 8w9 so (I could also see her as ESFP. She reminds me so much of my grandmother, esp in her regard, or rather neglect, of Buster. Fi/Te is apparent.)

George Senior: ENTJ 8w7 sx/so

Oscar: xxFP 4 sp/so

George Michael: ISFJ 9 sx/sp

Mabey: ESFP 7w8 sp/sx

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Michael-ENFJ
Gob-ESTP
Lindsay-ESFP
Tobias-ISFP
Lucille-ESFP
George Sr.-ENTJ
Buster-INTP [Pretty sure every INTP would look like this if they never got away from their mothers]
Oscar-ENFP
Mabey-ESTP
George Michael-ISFJ
Annyong-ISTP
Franklin-ESTP

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think Maeby is an ENTP and Oscar is an ESFP. Michael seems ISTJ to me.
I adore Franklin...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
:laugh:

While watching, with Maeby I kept thinking, "I have a hunch Jeno somewhat identifies with this character..."

IMO, in television I think N vs S is the hardest dichotomy to determine. With Michael, I think he's primarily family oriented and most of his disagreements/hangups with his family tend to be ethical rather than strictly "teh rulez," but yeah ISTJ I can see too.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
lmao, that's too funny... I really DO identify with her in so many ways. My god, I was her. No joke.

But I have to say that Tobias is my favorite character. So delightfully unaware...

I take Michael as ISTJ because like George Michael said to his dad, "but if I fail the math test, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work like you always say." He's so focused on family and responsibility, forgoing all these beautiful women because he believes that he's working towards a goal of responsibility to his son. He's also obsessed with climbing the corporate ladder and getting the president title that he earned. I can't really see an ENFJ not being fun-focused, but both types get stuck on dogma so I can see why they would be confused for each other.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh, the N vs S in Maeby just seems apparent because she's not very "physical" in the Se sense. Just a lazy little shit who tries to get one over on people, rather than a thrill seeking little shit.