User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Well, looking at his picture and listening to my gut, I say Poe was INFJ. In my opinion INFP tend to have characteristic eyes that one can never miss. Large, clear, other wordly and dreamy, often a childlike type face and expression. INFJ tend to have a more serious, almost pained expression.

INTP and INFP share some similarities because of the nature of introverted judgment.
    Thank you. It's a bit refreshing to hear someone answer from the heart and not the head. Logic has it's place but not when trying to understand something as dynamic and unique people.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Thank you. It's a bit refreshing to hear someone answer from the heart and not the head. Logic has it's place but not when trying to understand something as dynamic and unique people.
    Oh? Technically speaking, logic is a simplified form of mathematics. Mathematics governs everything. The numbers are everywhere.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Oh? Technically speaking, logic is a simplified form of mathematics. Mathematics governs everything. The numbers are everywhere.
    Spoken like a true rational. And there are no numbers in my heart.

For what it's worth my undergraduate degree is in Comp. Sci. and I am currently pursuing a Masters of Science in Info. Sys. Why am I telling you this? To establish the fact that I am no stranger to the world of math and logic.

Spoken like a true rational. And there are no numbers in my heart.
    Perhaps you might not think so. Assuming that by your "heart" you refer to your feelings: All of your emotions are simply instinctive results to both external and internal stimuli, which are controlled by complex neuro-chemical reactions, which in turn are the result of electrical impules, which in turn are the result of molecular, atomic, and subatomic reactions, which in turn can be represented by numbers and mathematical equations.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

EDIT: Ignore--double post.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    xNTP

My, my, a double post. Is our Rational getting flustered by this silly idealist's argument.

Although you are correct even the quintessential Rational Einstein acknowledged that some things are unknowable through logic.

heart on fire

I edited and added some pictures of famous alledged INFP to illustrate my idea about the facial expression and eyes.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...08-post29.html

Perhaps you might not think so. Assuming that by your "heart" you refer to your feelings: All of your emotions are simply instinctive results to both external and internal stimuli, which are controlled by complex neuro-chemical reactions, which in turn are the result of electrical impules, which in turn are the result of molecular, atomic, and subatomic reactions, which in turn can be represented by numbers and mathematical equations.
    Yes, I agree with you both, but feelers will often only be able to say something "feels" right or "feels" logical, they won't as easily be able to lay out solid proof. Especially at 7PM on Friday night.

MBTI
    xNTP

EDIT: Ignore--double post.
    But I can't. Surely a calm, cool rational such as yourself would only hit the submit button twice if he or she was a bit excited. And such a state might indicate that either he or she was ready to deliver the final blow or a was nervous. If nervous then perhaps you are afraid I have noticed something that comprimises that which you hold so dearly, your ability to be objective.

Anywho, lighten up we aren't landing a rocket on Neptune. Try to have some fun. Who knows, you might enjoy it.