User Tag List

First 1234 Last

heart on fire

Soren Kierkegaard - philosopher INFP
    Thank you for getting that one right!

MBTI
    INxP

I may be going against the tide here, but I think Darth Vader is an ISTP. Anakin Skywalker is a nearly archetypal ISTP -- loves action, genius with machines and gadgets, insubordinate to authority etc. He becomes more self-disciplined as Vader, but I think he's still the same underneath. What makes him a scary villain is that he uses power at whim rather than by rules or even good sense (did he really need to strangle all those senior officers?). And he obviously loves charging into battle, while the Emperor sits back and strategizes.

On a completely different subject, I always thought Bono was an ENFP, because he has a wild streak and his performance style is very freewheeling and improvisational. I could buy ENFJ though, since he does seem really committed to things he cares about.

MBTI
    INFJ

I always thought of Gandhi as an INFP. He seemed to be focused more on "being" whereas an INFJ is more focused on what's next. Then again, this could've been a result of his spirituality so I'm not entirely sure.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    I always thought of Gandhi as an INFP. He seemed to be focused more on "being" whereas an INFJ is more focused on what's next. Then again, this could've been a result of his spirituality so I'm not entirely sure.
    To my knowledge the consesus on Ghandi's type is split. Some believe he was an INFJ, others and INFP. So your assement might be correct.

heart on fire

What is your opinion on William Blake? INFJ or INFP?

Nathaniel Hawthorne? INFJ?

Poe INFJ? or INFP?

I say Novalis INFP.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    I always think INFP would have focused more on their personal development and then put a focus on improving the lives of those closest to them, but INFJ would want to move things outwards to the general population more, as Gandhi did.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    What is your opinion on William Blake? INFJ or INFP?

Nathaniel Hawthorne? INFJ?

Poe INFJ? or INFP?

I say Novalis INFP.
    My opinion. I am only asking because mine was the last post before yours and would rather not be accused of "stealing someone's thunder". If so then:

- Blake might have been and INFJ. This is soley based on the fact that he authored Dante's Inferno. Those that promote religion tend to be NFJ thus he, IMO, was probaly an INFJ.

- Hawthorne's type I do not know. I couldn't even venture a guess.

- Poe was definitely some sort of INxP. He was a major alcoholic. Alcholism seems to be more common among Rationals then the other type, but I can't prove it. So perhaps he was an INTP.

- I'm afraid I don't know who Novalis is.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hi Heart, I read about this on the INFJ/INFP (A Closer Look) site earlier today. According to them, INFJs are invested in certain individuals and seek to help them develop, whereas INFPs try to control the environment and try to ensure the atmosphere is harmonious and conducive to growth of all individuals. So Gandhi sounds more like an INFP.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Hi Heart, I read about this on the INFJ/INFP (A Closer Look) site earlier today. According to them, INFJs are invested in certain individuals and seek to help them develop, whereas INFPs try to control the environment and try to ensure the atmosphere is harmonious and conducive to growth of all individuals. So Gandhi sounds more like an INFP.

Jae Rae
    That's funny, I thought it was the exact opposite. If you get a chance please post a link to the site you mentioned. I'd like to visit it.

MBTI
    INFJ

OK, here's the link:

INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Check near the bottom of the article.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.