• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stewart Gilligan Griffin

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Please type Stewie Griffin from Family Guy.

My hunch is this topic has been beaten to death but i don't believe he is an INTJ. He sings, he dances, he's whimsical ...

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
he's also introspective, analytical, determined which to me says INTJ. I think his singing, dancing, whimsical side is just a repressed F side. He does sing and dance a lot, but he is usually doing something that takes more intellectual stimulation. My boyfriend is an INTJ and i can seriously see stewie in him all the time. Stewie def. has an INTJ sense of humor.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
he's also introspective, analytical, determined which to me says INTJ. I think his singing, dancing, whimsical side is just a repressed F side. He does sing and dance a lot, but he is usually doing something that takes more intellectual stimulation. My boyfriend is an INTJ and i can seriously see stewie in him all the time. Stewie def. has an INTJ sense of humor.

Most of my idea of an INTJ is based on my former boss who was never whimisical, very narrow minded, domineering, calculating, competitive and VEEEEERRRRY introverted.

Stewie is definitely domineering, calculating and strategic but otherwise he's nothing like my old boss.

Perhaps my old boss wasn't an INTJ???

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Yeah, I'm afraid I can remember three distinct threads where this has come up. He is INTJ in all them.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Most of my idea of an INTJ is based on my former boss who was never whimisical, very narrow minded, domineering, calculating, competitive and VEEEEERRRRY introverted.

Stewie is definitely domineering, calculating and strategic but otherwise he's nothing like my old boss.

Perhaps my old boss wasn't an INTJ???

perhaps your old boss was an istj?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
do you mean pedantic?i would say ISTJ is more pedantic. They are much more concerned about minute details IMO.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
do you mean pedantic?i would say ISTJ is more pedantic. They are much more concerned about minute details IMO.

That's definitely my old boss. Very book smart but unwilling to make a decision unless he had all the facts. And everything had to be done by the book. Suffice to say we didn't get along very well :devil:

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
The consistency of this character is warped. He started as an INTJ, but as the writers made more and more jokes by making him out of character he has become an ESFP.

Last edited:

redacted

stewie is totally INTJ.

what about brian, though...INFP?? those two have a cool dynamic.

MerkW

...never whimisical, very narrow minded, domineering, calculating, competitive and VEEEEERRRRY introverted.

Since when are INTJs narrow-minded? ENxPs are some of the only types more open-minded than INTJs.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
The consitantcy of thise character is warped. He started as an INTJ, but as the writers made more and more jokes by making him out of character he has become an ESFP.

Your observation raises an interesting question about Stewie's shadow self that I can't possibly answer.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
stewie is totally INTJ.

what about Brian, though...INFP?? those two have a cool dynamic.

Finally, one i can answer (Brian's my favorite character). Although Brian has a penchant for writing and the humanities (history in particular) which is more NF i think he is an INTP and here's why:

- He doesn't like to express his emotions. Whenever he does, he almost immediately backs off and apologizes.

- His humor and wit are very, very dry.

I know it takes more than that to make an INTP, but it's a good start.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Your observation raises an interesting question about Stewie's shadow self that I can't possibly answer.

I don't think it's that deep. I just think that bad writing has culminated in that most Stewie jokes are now jokes where he is out of character making him his mbti polar opposite, especially when he is a foil to Brian.

The same thing has happened to Lois, she's gone from some kind of FJ to just insane.

P.S. Damn you JustDave for quoting my spelling errors. I can't edit that now.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Is it possible that Stewie, due to the misery he endured in his mother's "cursed ovarian bastille" was originally depicted as the ESFP's shadow the INTJ. Then as time progressed he became more comfortable with his life thus reducing his stress level and revealing his true ESFP nature.

No?

redacted

Finally, one i can answer (Brian's my favorite character). Although Brian has a penchant for writing and the humanities (history in particular) which is more NF i think he is an INTP and here's why:

- He doesn't like to express his emotions. Whenever he does, he almost immediately backs off and apologizes.

he doesn't seem analytical enough to be INTP. and he seems to have very strong internal values. i'd definitely say Fi > Ti

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
he doesn't seem analytical enough to be INTP. and he seems to have very strong internal values. i'd definitely say Fi > Ti

I disagree. It's a bit tricky as he has little interest in science/math/technology he always quickly and logically dissects Peter's illogical schemes. Perhaps he's not a Rational but he definitely has a preference for Ti.

redacted

I disagree. It's a bit tricky as he has little interest in science/math/technology he always quickly and logically dissects Peter's illogical schemes. Perhaps he's not a Rational but he definitely has a preference for Ti.

anyone can dissect Peter's schemes lol.

p.s. that's more likely Te

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
anyone can dissect Peter's schemes lol.

p.s. that's more likely Te

You're not going to make this easy are you? :dry:

Fair enough, Chris can't, but he's an idiot. Quagmire won't, but has the ability to do so. Cleveland simply doesn't care. Joe destroys everyones fun (must be an ESTJ).

The only two that I can recall eviscerating Peter's scheme (besides Francis) are Quagmire and Brian. If Quagmire is an ESTP (Ti) then Brian must be an INTP (Ti).
I am almost certain Quagmire is an ESTP ergo Brian must be an INTP.:alttongue:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

you described me right their or characteristics of me and I'm more likely INFP then INTP.

I'm just saying I could see him as an INFP but I guess INTP is plausiable.