Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Barney- ENFJ
    Uh... wh... nevermind.

I've learnt by now never to trust you with typing. I really have no idea what goes on in your head, but I bet there's too much Ne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Ted- ISFJ - Yes
    Barney- ENFJ - ENTJ
    Marshall- ENFP - maybe, I am more leaning toward Fe
    Lily- ESFP - ENFP
    Robin- ESTP - maybe, could never type her, could be ISTP, ENTP, ESTP, ENTJ

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Ted- ISFJ - Yes
    Barney- ENFJ - ENTJ
    Marshall- ENFP - maybe, I am more leaning toward Fe
    Lily- ESFP - ENFP
    Robin- ESTP - maybe, could never type her, could be ISTP, ENTP, ESTP, ENTJ
    Okay, how exactly is Barney a J? His life ambition is just to have lots of sex! He is always trying new things and hates working. I can see him as an N, but no way is he J.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

ESTP Profile
    ESTPs are spontaneous, active folks. Like the other SPs, ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel "dead inside."

Gamesmanship is the calling card of the ESTP. Persons of this type have a natural drive to best the competition. Some of the most successful salespersons are ESTPs. P.T. Barnum ("Never give a sucker an even break") illustrates the unscrupulous contingent of this type.

Almost unconsciously the ESTP looks for nonverbal, nearly subliminal cues as to what makes her quarry "tick." Once she knows, she waits for just the right time to trump the unsuspecting victim's ace and glory in her conquest. Oddly enough, the ESTP seems to admire and respect anyone who can beat her at her own game.

"If I was any better, I couldn't stand it!" To an ESTP, admission of weakness feels like failure. He admires strength in himself and in others.

"Shock effect" is a favored technique of this type to get the attention of his audience. ESTPs love to be at center stage, demonstrating feats of wonder and daring.
    That is Barney. Can you seriously say this isn't Barney? He shows N sometimes, but in general, he's a straight ESTP.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Barney seems ENTP (maybe S, but his acumen for for certain broad or ideas, rules and fantasies which he utilizes a lot, makes me see some N) who plays a J to gullible women.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTJ

lily is damn FJ.

she demands total control of her relationships (and those of others!!!), she's an intense perfectionist and she's perfectly happy with one man and one career for her entire life.

and I agree that barney is a P, probably an STP.

He gets by purely on panache, his investment in his job is near 0. If he were a J he would take his non-sexual exploits much more seriously or, if he took sexual conquest as his purpose in life he'd be less concerned with flamboyant technique ("the playbook") and much more concerned with sheer numbers.
    edit: I have to take that back actually I just remembered the episode where he hits 200. Still I think he's P.
    What keeps the character from being just downright evil is his P joie de vie.

Ted is an E, I think. He takes the advice of others and social standards way too seriously, plus he dates like a madman. He could be an ISJ though

Robin I dunno. I'm too busy imagining her naked.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Yeah, I think Lily is a J too. I've updated my original post with what I now believe their types to be. Still think Ted is an INFP.
    JiNe

MBTI
    INTJ

I can see INFP.

I dunno though, he participates is a lot of barney's sexual shennanigans.

I've known INFPs to be more into the role of ethically uncorrupted opponent.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    He gets by purely on panache, his investment in his job is near 0. If he were a J he would take his non-sexual exploits much more seriously or, if he took sexual conquest as his purpose in life he'd be less concerned with flamboyant technique ("the playbook") and much more concerned with sheer numbers.
    edit: I have to take that back actually I just remembered the episode where he hits 200. Still I think he's P.
    What keeps the character from being just downright evil is his P joie de vie.
    I THINK the main reason people are typing Barney as a J is because he goes out and does a lot of stuff. Js are considered more doing people, while Ps sit back and relax more. But EPs, particularly ETPs, are very energetic and competitive. They love to win at whatever interests them. Barney is like this. However, he hardly has the devotion and work ethic of a J. Like you said, at work, he puts in no effort. He works hard at what he does because he's a nymphomaniac and likes showing off how 'awesome' he is.
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    I can see INFP.

I dunno though, he participates is a lot of barney's sexual shennanigans.

I've known INFPs to be more into the role of ethically uncorrupted opponent.
    The same reason is why I don't think he's ISFJ. I think his FP gives him a certain degree of spontaneity. He's also far less focused I think than an ISFJ would be. I can't remember what happened in the ep, but I do remember once he tried to start his own home business and I'm pretty sure it ended in disaster.
    JiNe